Lifelong Metallica fan, should I spend the £120 to see them at the O2?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• nick79nick79 Frets: 260
    I've only seen them with Jason.

As much as Cliff is a massive influence on me, Jason was the better fit. I haven't decided where I place RT yet. He's an amazing player too.
    I agree, Rob is a great player but Jason just seemed to bring more to the band. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5022
    nick79 said:

As much as Cliff is a massive influence on me, Jason was the better fit. I haven't decided where I place RT yet. He's an amazing player too.
    It's a shame he didn't write more. The first Flotsam and Jetsam album is incredible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I suspect he wrote plenty. But James and Lars didn't let him in.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24662
    Reverend said:
    nick79 said:

It's a shame he didn't write more. The first Flotsam and Jetsam album is incredible. 
    I haven't listened to that for 20 years.

I'm going to buy it.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Pearl Jam 2014 £64
    Pearl Jam 2017 £135 

That's inflation for you! Feel your pain but if you've not seen them, do it! 
    Pearl Jam Manchester International 2 1992 £6 and we got to talk to Eddie before the gig! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23154
    Reverend said:
    nick79 said:

I haven't listened to that for 20 years.

I'm going to buy it.
    I loved that album at the time, but listened to it a couple of years ago and found it hard work.  I should give it another go.

When he joined Metallica I thought oh, they'll be wanting him for his songwriting - and then they didn't let him do much at all.  I liked his singing contributions though.
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Looks like your money was well spent :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kPO_m1j52k&t=1414s

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24662
    That looks like a pretty good show!

I might have to rip it and crank it through some proper speakers