Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Premier League Prediction 2017/2018

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27558
    cruxiform said:

City are frightening at the moment. 
    They've done that before though - been incredible for a run of games, and then just faded away.

Chelsea did it last season too.  Had a decent run of games for a period and then the season was over.  Although their run did last pretty much the last 30-odd games of the season.
    :(

So, I'm sticking with my original ManU, ManC, Chelski, Spurs prediction.  Mourinho is more determined and is either a pragmatic tactician or knows how to park a bus (depending on your allegiance) so, whilst his teams might not go around winning 7-2, they'll be grinding out the results consistently.  

Good point about Chelsea players being distracted by managerial comings/goings, but I'm a Spurs fan, so a natural pessimist.  

Be nice if we won some sort of cup though.  That Champions League one would be a nice thing to display in the new stadium.
    :D

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Why do I enjoy football?

Last 4 games I've watched

Wales go out of WC Quals
    Shitfest 0 0 at Anfield
    Boring 1-0 scrap at Benfica
    And that.... 

That is 8 hours of my life 'entertained'

sulk.
  • joeyowen said:
    Why do I enjoy football?

You, my friend, like to suffer...
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    Busy week for me. My son and I went to Brighton v Palace on Tuesday and we have lifted off the bottom after a draw today at WBA. COYP!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiform said:
    Busy week for me. My son and I went to Brighton v Palace on Tuesday and we have lifted off the bottom after a draw today at WBA. COYP!
    Not a great game to watch though. 
  • cruxiform said:
    Doesn't matter! It's a point away from home! 

COYP! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    cruxiform said:
    Doesn't matter! It's a point away from home! 

COYP! 
    Indeed! The fight back has started. 2 victories in a sense in that we didn't lose against them and Pardew had to settle for a draw.

• Crazy game today wih Arsenal.  Counterattacking masterclass from United or lesson in wasting as many chances as possible Arsenal, who knows.  But an entertaining game.    As a united fan, 7 goals in London this week will do.   I think we'll finish 2nd.

• Crazy game today wih Arsenal.  Counterattacking masterclass from United or lesson in wasting as many chances as possible Arsenal, who knows.  But an entertaining game.    As a united fan, 7 goals in London this week will do.   I think we'll finish 2nd.
    That game was like watching under 11s on a Sunday morning. End to end attacking and not much defending. Great game to watch though

• Tricky time for Spurs. Alderweireld and Wanyama's absence is felt deeply. A sticky patch but they're a good side and the wins will return, hopefully they're not too far adrift of champions league places by then
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    AS IT STANDS TODAY
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited December 2017
    I predict Wayne Nistelrooy will score a sensational touchdown to win the series
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some interesting facts/thoughs for this weekends derby:-

Man United are unbeaten in 40 games at home and will set a new club record if they avoid defeat.
    Man City are on a winning streak of 13 premier league wins and can add to that record if they beat United
    Their club record of 20 consecutive wins in all competitions was ended in the CL this week, after defeat to Schalke
    Heavy snow is predicted at OT on Sunday, so the premier league yellow high visibility ball may be used
    The same fixture last year was 1-2
    Loss for United would surely end any hopes of a title challenge, a win would reignite a title challenge

Hopefully it is a decent game, like the Arsenal v Man U game last week.  All depends whether Mourinho's bus has snow chains or not ;)

• Some interesting facts/thoughs for this weekends derby:-

Man United are unbeaten in 40 games at home and will set a new club record if they avoid defeat.
    Man City are on a winning streak of 13 premier league wins and can add to that record if they beat United
    Their club record of 20 consecutive wins in all competitions was ended in the CL this week, after defeat to Schalke
    Heavy snow is predicted at OT on Sunday, so the premier league yellow high visibility ball may be used
    The same fixture last year was 1-2
    Loss for United would surely end any hopes of a title challenge, a win would reignite a title challenge

Hopefully it is a decent game, like the Arsenal v Man U game last week.  All depends whether Mourinho's bus has snow chains or not ;)

It's got 0-0 written all over it

• It's got 0-0 written all over it
    Last time City failed to score in the Premier league was April!  It was against Maun United, you could have a point.....

I'd almost take that result now as a Man United fan, becuase if they score early I don't think a battering is out of the question either.

This fixture is almost always an anti climax.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited December 2017
    If City get one early, it could be a blood-bath depending on which United team turn up.. I would take a draw if offered now. Otherwise, hopefully we can keep them out and nick a goal against the run of play.

Of course, I am sure all neutrals are backing United too to keep the title race alive
  • quarky said:
    Of course, I am sure all neutrals are backing United too to keep the title race alive
    Err... Yeah, totally. It's not like the restof the country revels in United misery eh? That would never happen! ;) 

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Well, as a United fan I think the title was won today.

We didn't turn up (again).  

It's annoying, but City deserve it
  • joeyowen said:

It's annoying, but City deserve it
    Totally.  We missd Pogba and were better in the 2nd half, but we're nowhere near overall.   I think we need a couple of signings either summer or January and hopefully finish best of the rest.

I think we were playing one of the top 3 teams in Europe today, United are probably not top 10.  I'm not too gutted today, best team won, I thought they would.  The title is never won until it's over but with the difference in overall quality only a fool would bet against City.

We're better than last year but still a few players away from being a really good team.