Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

If you could have any signature guitar what would you go for?

What's Hot

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    edited August 2017
    zepp76 said:
    Whitecat said:
    Bloody hell the price! ''Tis a thing of beauty though, one day maybe.
    As an edit, I wonder why they never mention the Peter Green provenance of the signature series? I would have thought that would be a massive selling point.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4958
    The prowla signature bass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    axisus said:
    Personally I'd be 100% for a Guthrie Govan Charvel. I like the general strattyness of the shape and headstock, it's a very versatile guitar, and also not too blingy. I won't ever buy one, but if I got offered it as a gift I'd bite the persons hand off.

That's a guitar that I really like the look and concept of, but I'd worry that it would create a certain expectation if I gigged with it.  
    I think I'm more in my comfort zone with standard looking guitars like Strats, Telecasters and Les Pauls. Having said that, it doesn't look too flashy and has a nicely understated appearance.

Hardly anyone knows what it is - :)
  • Knaggs SSC at the moment.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    gubble said:
    It would drive me mad, the Paisley pattern on the plate not matching the Paisley on the body
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23146
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited August 2017
    I gigged a Fender Kotzen Tele for 11 years. But based on my playing style now. Id love an American made PRS Chris Robertson but with a Floyd Rose on. That to me would be perfect.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    bodhi said:
    The Slash Strat (on which he probably really recorded Appetite):

Is that a real thing?  It even has a picture of a LP on it
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Vaiai said:
    axisus said:
    Personally I'd be 100% for a Guthrie Govan Charvel. I like the general strattyness of the shape and headstock, it's a very versatile guitar, and also not too blingy. I won't ever buy one, but if I got offered it as a gift I'd bite the persons hand off.

That's a guitar that I really like the look and concept of, but I'd worry that it would create a certain expectation if I gigged with it.  
    I think I'm more in my comfort zone with standard looking guitars like Strats, Telecasters and Les Pauls. Having said that, it doesn't look too flashy and has a nicely understated appearance.

Yeah, but you'd be happily playing with your covers band, enjoying the party atmosphere, and then, out of the corner of your eye to see a guy at the back of the hall perfectly still, just watching. He is giving you 'the look'. All the music fades into the background and you are left with the sound of your brain screaming inside your head. He slowly raises his phone, takes one picture and steps back into the shadows. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    axisus said:
    Vaiai said:
    axisus said:
    Personally I'd be 100% for a Guthrie Govan Charvel. I like the general strattyness of the shape and headstock, it's a very versatile guitar, and also not too blingy. I won't ever buy one, but if I got offered it as a gift I'd bite the
    Yeah, but you'd be happily playing with your covers band, enjoying the party atmosphere, and then, out of the corner of your eye to see a guy at the back of the hall perfectly still, just watching. He is giving you 'the look'. All the music fades into the background and you are left with the sound of your brain screaming inside your head. He slowly raises his phone, takes one picture and steps back into the shadows. 
    Don't stop there!! It was just getting good.. what did he take a picture of???
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    The Suhr Pete Thorn although my guilty pleasure and an oddie for me is the Duesenberg Mike Campbell
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    Whitecat said:
    Bloody hell the price! ''Tis a thing of beauty though, one day maybe.
    As an edit, I wonder why they never mention the Peter Green provenance of the signature series? I would have thought that would be a massive selling point.
    Most dealers will even though Gibson only does in the briefest passing in their marketing. It was odd - but who knows when you've got egos at work on top of a chain of provenance... 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5564
    The only signature model I've ever HAD to have is the Yamaha SA503 Troy Van Leeuwen. And I have one! 

https://58eca9fdf76150b92bfa-3586c28d09a33a8c605ed79290ca82aa.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/yamaha-sa503-tvl-translucent-blood-red-256559.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3346
    Id like a musicman steve morse Y2D hardtail, I also want a PRS Dave Navarro CU24 and a Billy Corgan Strat.

I think they only still make one of those though.
  • Jake E Lee Charvel, I think. Played one and it blew me away. Felt gorgeous, sounded stunning. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    edited August 2017
    This - because there's some features on this that you can't get on other tele deluxe's
    (proper humbuckers, large headstock, wide radius rosewood board, jumbo frets)

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    grungebob said:
    Id like a musicman steve morse Y2D hardtail, I also want a PRS Dave Navarro CU24 and a Billy Corgan Strat.

I think they only still make one of those though.
    I have the Y2D hardtail in purple sunset.....superb, wish it got to see the light of day more often too
    But you not having it LOL
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    John_A said:
    bodhi said:
    The Slash Strat (on which he probably really recorded Appetite):

Is that a real thing?  It even has a picture of a LP on it
    I know.  It's kind of an infinite loop in irony type signature edition, I imagine.
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I think I might go for one of these: http://www.waghornguitars.com/electric/ah6.php

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    Quite partial to the Johnny A