Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

If you could have any signature guitar what would you go for?

What's Hot

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842

usedtobe said:
    J Mascis Jazzmaster, or Paul Gilbert Fireman, unless someone has a nice sig Ibanez Artist..

Back in 1978 there was the Steve Miller signature Artist - the 2622. This had three tone knobs that controlled an active Eq system. I think other Steve Miller Artists were also made, some more conventional and some with the three=band Eq and additional switching options as well.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2f/0a/99/2f0a998ab643784ab074cb4d124c692d--jimi-hendrix-unique-guitars.jpg

That’ll do me!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • All the Ibanez Steve Miller signature models.

http://www.vintageguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/03-MILLER.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2018
    Those three Iceman models... FUCK me.

Never even knew they existed. Are they one-offs? If not, then I bet they're still single-figures rare...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • either a Tommy Emmanuel signature Maton, or the Brad Paisley Crook telecaster...now that one's serious money.
  • usedtobe said:
    J Mascis Jazzmaster, or Paul Gilbert Fireman, unless someone has a nice sig Ibanez Artist..
    I played a fireman for a while. Brilliant guitar, awesome looking & the pickups are excellent. The neck is HUGE though- takes a lot of getting used to. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    All the Ibanez Steve Miller signature models.

http://www.vintageguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/03-MILLER.jpg

Top left, for me, I think..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Three-ColourSunburstThree-ColourSunburst Frets: 1139
    edited February 2018
    Bucket said:

Never even knew they existed. Are they one-offs? If not, then I bet they're still single-figures rare...
    All production models, but going by the video below they probably made less than a couple of hundred of each of the Iceman models. Seeing that the Artists come up regularly on reverb and so on, they probably made a lot more of them. The Iceman models seem to have been quite innovative at the time - this one has switchable 3 coil pickups.

• EBMM EVH for me. One day... 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• KiniooKinioo Frets: 19
    Probably PRS Tremonti Tribal version.....
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    Bought with my own money?
    JSM10:

If money was not object, maybe this:

or this:

or this:

• Really? No love for the N4 at all?
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really? No love for the N4 at all?

I think they're cool looking guitars, and I really rate Nuno, but it's not the guitar for anything I play. 

I think, like people have said about the Charvel GG signature guitar, an N4 carries with it a weight of expectation.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Really? No love for the N4 at all?
    I was dead keen on the aged one in the old days, but I didn't fancy no tone knob. I don't think it would bother me now. Tasty guitars.
  • Never played one... but that johhny A Gibson looks amazing. There was someone selling a gold one on here a while back that looked oh so tasty
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22913
    Really? No love for the N4 at all?
    They really appealed to me back in Extreme's heyday, I liked the look of the Stephen's cutaway and the grubby down-sized body.  Not so keen on the Floyd and I'm sure I'd hate the neck profile.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28348
    I'd have an Adrian Belew Parker Fly.

Sustainiac and Variax. Nice.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9317
    I’d have loved one of the George Harrison Teles.

Ive seen a rumour that the Fender Custom Shop are going to eventually reengineer Springsteen’s Esquire and I will sell one of my children to own one if they do. I’d also spend a crazy amount of money on a Fruscinate 62 Strat
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3029
    edited February 2018
    Has anyone played  Toni Iommi’s Epiphone SG sig? Looks good but a tad expensive at £600
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Bucket said:

All production models, but going by the video below they probably made less than a couple of hundred of each of the Iceman models. Seeing that the Artists come up regularly on reverb and so on, they probably made a lot more of them. The Iceman models seem to have been quite innovative at the time - this one has switchable 3 coil pickups.

I know the triple-coil model but have never seen one with that active EQ on it - I love the initial run of Iceman models, or Artist 2663s if you prefer... my dad has a twin-humbucker example and it's one of the best guitars in the universe. I'd be amazed if there were even as many as a hundred of those Steve Miller Iceman models, I'm a total Ibanez nerd and I've never seen either of them before!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • girya32girya32 Frets: 10
    if finances would allow, an Alembic Jerry Garcia ,,,,

plus a Ric 4003 LK on the other side of the mantlepiece to balance its woody charm
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom