I've decided to quit being a mod..

What's Hot

Comments

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I guess you had your fun with irresponsible modding when you were sole generalissimo of the TEmpFab forum - changing "cock" to "gentleman's sausage" was one I remember, and what you changed "Bigsby" to is one I don't...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Do we beat him with a sock filled with shite as a re-initiation to the ranks? 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28206
    skunkwerx said:
    Do we beat him with a sock filled with shite as a re-initiation to the ranks? 
    Emp is the sock filled with shite. ;)

I feel bad for posting that now. Sorry Emp. But at least you can't ban me for it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24306
    And so you should. I'm all hurt now.  I've decided to throw off the oppressive robes of power to be with the common folk and two minutes in, you're calling me a shit-filled sock.

Besides... I've just signed you up to www.IWantRoughBumsexNow.co.uk
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Emp_Fab said:
    And so you should. I'm all hurt now.  I've decided to throw off the oppressive robes of power to be with the common folk and two minutes in, you're calling me a shit-filled sock.

Besides... I've just signed you up to www.IWantRoughBumsexNow.co.uk
    Drew's already a member.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    You should have more time for running and eating healthily now.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28206
    Emp_Fab said:
    Only because it seemed really funny at the time.

I've never previously thought of you as a sock.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Any favourite or particularly memorable instances where, in your capacity as a mod, youve used your not inconsiderable skill in judgement and diplomacy to encourage a happy outcome @Emp_Fab ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017
    Fuck off

Oh, and Sporky, that LOL was from me :-)

Shit filled indeed :-)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Thanks for nothing mate, and I hope Pugsley pisses on your bath-towel again.

That wasn't Pugsley, I just made Emp believe it was..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9538
    Well, Emp, and I'm sure this applies to all the mods and admins and other titles....

Thanks for your hard work, and the doubtless unseen stuff you all do... 

I spend hours on here, and it's now I guess a big part of my life. Sad as that is :)

Much appreciated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    Just think of all the time you'll now be able to spend laying laminate flooring.  

And repairing derelict boats.

And oscilloscopes.  

Good luck!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    So will you now be known as pleb_fab....... Has a certain ring to it methinks
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Hang on... 

As a mod, you've given of your own free time, voluntarily, unpaid, even when you didn't really want to or life gets in the way, and feel you have to quit because you like to post what you think, in the way you want, as you want (as a normal user as well) just like the rest of us?

I will be honest, I often disagree with what you write. Sometimes you make plainly ludicrous statements.

But, I fail to see what that has got to do with giving up your time to moderate.

If you had abused that power then you'd have been called out for it a long time ago by the admins.You clearly haven't. 

Let this be a salutary lesson for all of us that enjoy this Oasis of ad free non commercial paradise in an internet of money grabbing bastards, and let us spend a bit of time thinking about the time a very small number of people give up to keep it going and make it what it is.

We should be ashamed of ourselves.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    Hang on... 

As a mod, you've given of your own free time, voluntarily, unpaid, even when you didn't really want to or life gets in the way, and feel you have to quit because you like to post what you think, in the way you want, as you want (as a normal user as well) just like the rest of us?

I will be honest, I often disagree with what you write. Sometimes you make plainly ludicrous statements.

But, I fail to see what that has got to do with giving up your time to moderate.

If you had abused that power then you'd have been called out for it a long time ago by the admins.You clearly haven't. 

Let this be a salutary lesson for all of us that enjoy this Oasis of ad free non commercial paradise in an internet of money grabbing bastards, and let us spend a bit of time thinking about the time a very small number of people give up to keep it going and make it what it is.

We should be ashamed of ourselves.
    In order to ease the burden on those remaining as mods, I presume recruiting another would be desirable?

As I've heard he's retiring, do think Terry Morgan might be prepared to do it?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    In order to ease the burden on those remaining as mods, I presume recruiting another would be desirable?

As I've heard he's retiring, do think Terry Morgan might be prepared to do it?
    Maybe you could become a mod specifically to edit Terry Morgan posts and removing them... 

Think of it as a kind of purgatory ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10695
    edited August 2017
    Nitefly said:
    Just think of all the time you'll now be able to spend laying laminate flooring.  

And repairing derelict boats.

And oscilloscopes.  

Good luck!

And playing with digital remote temperature sensors. 

Thanks E_F. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Cheers Emp

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Emp's lifeboat, created to fill the void when MR was being glitchy and shit, became a haven when MR upped and died. And then a beacon for those who were there to find our current home, and then spread the word.

We do owe you a debt of gratitude Mr. Fab.

Diolch :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    It wasn't the admins or any abuse of power.  It was largely that I was getting pissed off with having my mod role thrown in my face by people I was having 'full and frank discussions' with on the forum.  I have repeatedly been accused of having 'friends' on the admin team protecting me from the rules that apply to everyone else, and of speaking in a manner 'unbecoming of a mod'.  I'm not going to change who I am in order to conform to somebody else's idea of how a moderator should behave whilst giving up my own time to do the job.  Screw that.  So here I am, slumming it with the riffraff standing shoulder to shoulder with my proletarian comrades.

Long live the revolution !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom