Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you dress to impress?

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
    I don't gig, but I'm really not the dress up type. T-shirt and jeans for me probably. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10759
    edited February 2014
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@viz ; is pic one the gay cavaleros? and pic 2 De Management?

BTW for me it's jeans and T-shirt (forum or Marshall amps), or jeans and West Ham shirt

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• At christmas we were dressed as elves and reindeer. 
    Pictures, or it didn't happen. :D
    Heres the bass player

Surprisingly there aren't many pics on the band site for this

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    mike_l said:

@viz ; is pic one the gay cavaleros? and pic 2 De Management?

Yes basically!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Singer wears black, but the rest of us wear white shirts and pink ties in our cover band.

• @MajorScale, Are you in a Ska band?
  • There's some talk of throwing some ska in the set but we are mostly rock n roll / pop covers from 50s to modern day
  • Sorry, the hat threw me off. Sounds like you've got a great range of material to pull out though. :)
  • Ah yes, the hat...Just a bit of stage wear but by the end of the gig at least several people on the dance floor will have borrowed it for a laugh, it's become a bit of a trademark for me in the band!!!!
  • Does this bear credence to what I said earlier about getting away with wearing stuff live which would look out of place on the high street?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72866
    I wear jeans and T-shirts, but I have special ones for gigs - always black jeans, and usually a particular black T-shirt with a design I like (a bit like vasselmeyers, although I can't find a pic of it online). I usually wear a loose shirt over the top which I wouldn't normally wear elsewhere too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Handsome_Chris;168396" said:
    Does this bear credence to what I said earlier about getting away with wearing stuff live which would look out of place on the high street?
    Well I wouldn't wear the tie and hat together on the high street but I'd wear one or the other to suit the moment! Cant speak for the others in the band as I suspect I'm the band dandy! ;-)
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited February 2014
    I wanted to wear a Venetian style mask when performing with one band I was with. It wasn't so much a fashion thing as much as I was ashamed to be seen with some of them. That band did pander to some arse trumpets.
  • viz said:
    I'm just glad to see that The Milky Bar Kid has found gainful employment as a drummer.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mostly wedding gigs for us, so we have to look smart, but moreover we try to look like we're all in the same band.
    Doesn't mean we all wear the same thing, as we feel that looks really naff sometimes, but generally stick to similar colours etc.

Shirt and tie, sometimes waistcoat, sometimes a t shirt and waistcoat etc so long as it keeps to the "theme".

For pubs, we tend to wear shirts and jeans, just cos the token effort of putting on your "gig shirt" helps to get your brain into gig mode..

• The bit of changing into something that puts you into a gig frame of mind is important to me. I used to trim my beard into exotic shapes for a Saturday night gig, just to be that bit more rock n roll. I doubt if anybody noticed but it helped me.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • For pubs, we tend to wear shirts and jeans, just cos the token effort of putting on your "gig shirt" helps to get your brain into gig mode..

The bit of changing into something that puts you into a gig frame of mind is important to me. I used to trim my beard into exotic shapes for a Saturday night gig, just to be that bit more rock n roll. I doubt if anybody noticed but it helped me.
    That's a good point. I had a black shirt with a red stripe down one sleeve for my old band. Just the routine of putting that on got me into "gig mode". 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited February 2014
    viz said:
    I'm just glad to see that The Milky Bar Kid has found gainful employment as a drummer.
    Hahahaha - and Errol Flynn's landed a guitarist post at last.