Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you dress to impress?

What's Hot

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Comedy T Shirt - check

Comedy haircut - check

Black trews - check

Ancient comfy trainers - check

That was about it for me (barring Xmas and special occasions) unless I was going for the none more black look. The man in black if you will, or Johnny no Cash to my friends.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_Chris;168761" said:
    Close enough!
    Actually what I would usually do is grow my beard and then shave it to Edwardian mutton chops ( or as close as I could get)for the gig. Somehow I felt this made me more rock'n'roll and it attracted a few funny looks in Tesco the next day. Sunday night beard trim and I was just stubbly Clark Kent at work Monday morning.
    However, for this to work I really needed 2 or 3 weeks between gigs to get some beard growth in.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Anything that's going that's laundered and ironed. I'm 42 after all. The only consistent item's a pair of sturdy dark brown boots, currently DM chelsea's. Black slims, blue slims, t's, shirts, had a Barbour Beaufort on for one gig, matters not. As long as I can feel me fingers.

If it's a posh 'do' I'll tuck in to me waistband.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Pretty much what I'd wear down the pub ;)

*caveat: this photo may or may not be six years old, and making me feel old just posting it. Would still wear the same onstage with the right band though, as my body fortunately refuses to age.*
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah but, Sav, when I first met you I thought you were in The Wildhearts.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    See, dressing to impress even offstage ;) I'd mow the lawn in my stage gear, if I had a lawn....
  • IanSavage said:
    See, dressing to impress even offstage ;) I'd mow the lawn in my stage gear, if I had a lawn....
    I was quite impressed for a Wetherspoon's in Brum.  People will think I'm joking when I say that.
  • We played a trendy night club place before Christmas. I was wearing nordic knit jumper, parka, big bushy beard and was holding a carrier bag for most of the evening. When we got up to play there was a palpable sigh of relief and a collective "Oh! Thats why they're here". I hit a point a few years ago when I really stopped caring about that sort of thing. I also have a T-shirt with a naked Ron Jeremy that goes down well (no pun intended).
  • FezFez Frets: 538
    The trouble with wearing black is if the backdrop is black you can become invisible.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Never forget the first time I saw Chillidoggy live.  My Nan's carers had asked me to pop in to discuss a new dietary plan.  As I walked in I could hear most of the residents in the communal room whooping and cheering to this awesome noise.  I got good snap from the encore.

http://queerrocklove.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/brian_guitar.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is that a Dean?
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1270
    Is that a Dean?
    ...or are you just pleased to see me?

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Never forget the first time I saw Chillidoggy live.  My Nan's carers had asked me to pop in to discuss a new dietary plan.  As I walked in I could hear most of the residents in the communal room whooping and cheering to this awesome noise.  I got good snap from the encore.

Thank fuck you've never seen me playing live..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17716
    tFB Trader
    I like bands to make some kind of an effort. I find the number of musicians who consider putting on a clean t-shirt selling out quite irritating. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Whatever the dress code, I always wear black. It may be vest, T-shirt, polo shirt, short sleeved shirt with collar, long sleeved shirt with collar (& sleeves rolled up). It may be scruffy rock'n'roll jeans or smart new-ish Marks & Spencers jeans. But it will always be black. And never include a tie!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited March 2014

IanSavage said:
    Pretty much what I'd wear down the pub ;)

*caveat: this photo may or may not be six years old, and making me feel old just posting it. Would still wear the same onstage with the right band though, as my body fortunately refuses to age.*
    @IanSavage
    Loving the hair over your face thing.

almost as much as I am loving the black bra and panties you are wearing :D
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10757
    edited April 2014
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Some joke about nuts and showing them.

At least you get some bananas for pay though and not peanuts.

So what is the name of your simian beat combo?
  • vizviz Frets: 10757
    edited April 2014
    Haha :)
    We don't really exist permanently, we just assembled for a one-off project that culminated last weekend. But I've played with those guys under various guises and formats over the years, there's about 7 of us that dip in and out. This time we were called The Silverbaxx. None of us has the time to do it seriously / full-time. Unfortunately.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.