Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

First of the Gibson 2018s??

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• Good thing Andertons are doing so well because no matter how many videos the Captain and Chappers make they aren't selling as many Gibbons this year.
    Didn't 'The Captain' say in one of their fairly recent videos that they sold more Gibsons than any other UK dealer?
    I'm fairly certain they do extremely well across the board "The Captain" is an extremely shrewd businessman.

My point wasn't so much about Andertons, more that even with the gushing video reviews they will plaster youtube with soon, even Gibson's most ardent fans will be starting to wonder how they justify these constant price rises.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Neil said:
    Maybe I am being picky, but shouldn't Gibson make a little more effort to match each side of the maple cap on their guitars, especially one retailing at two and a half grand? This 'half plain, half figured' top looks awful to my eyes.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/LPS18MVCH1/solid-body-electric-guitars/gibson-usa-2018-les-paul-standard-in-mojave-burst

It is probably down to the picture.

LP's having a carved top often photograph as being mismatched.

Although my LP is perfectly symmetrical is doesn't look like that in pics. It depends on the angle of the shot, first one side looks more flamey, then the other.
    But yours is still obviously flamed on both sides, whatever angle it is photographed from. That guitar in the Anderton's advertisement seems to have a far more serious mismatch.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    The P90 classic looks fantastic, in all the colours. If it ends up selling for around £1600 once things have settled, I'd have no problem with that price if, and it's a big IF, the quality is upper tier.

I'd love to think that the price hikes allow Gibson to spend more time on their guitars rather than just getting more profit, but we'll see.

Apart from the classic, the rest of the range is meh. And yes, where's the frigging LP Jrs!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom