Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New car for the wife?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• My wife drives Hyundai i20, awesome car. No issues at all. I30 is cool too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    Polo mark 4 or newish 5. TSI are really good 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    holnrew said:
    Austin Allegro
    Back in the 1970s I had an American girlfriend - her uncle worked for a US motoring magazine and came over to write an article about the launch of a new Rolls Royce. He was given an Allegro as a hire car and ended up writing an article for his magazine about the car headed 'Is this the worst car in the world' .. he couldn't believe that the UK could produce such a piece of shit, nor could he understand who would design a square steering wheel.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Wife needs a a new car. We're looking for something smallish but with 5 doors, nippy for round town trips. (ie not a big saloon or an MPV), not too old, or too many miles, DAB radio, Satnav, Bluetooth, budget £8-9K.

We've shortlisted a 2015/2016 Citroen C4 Cactus Flair or 2015/2016 Renault Clio Dynamique S, these can be had within that budget and seem to be plenty about in good nick.

The Cactus looks like it's made from Lego, looks kinda fun but I'm not sure I would be able to park it at work without some major piss taking (I would only use it when the wife needs the big grown ups car), the Clio is smartly styled but rear access to the back seats may be a bit cramped for the teenage kids when they want running about town.

Thoughts? suggestions?

Citroen spares are expensive and the brand had a reputation for being unreliable. Doesn't get a great review.

https://www.whatcar.com/citroen/c4-cactus/hatchback/review/

Look at Nissan, Mazda, Skoda or Ford.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    I was behind a new model Micra the other day. For a "small car" they are huge! Easily the size of my Mk 1 focus. Minis are bloody massive now too, about time they renamed them all.  :)