Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6882
    I’ve used it before. There isn’t any reserved parking and it’s on an industrial unit estate, but I think we will all be OK at 1pm on a Sunday. There is key code access, but the owner might be there as well - he was when I went. There’s very limited options in Northampton- Audio Works by the train station only has two parking spaces and only has 3 smaller rooms. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    mrkb said:

I think we should be covered - theres a PA, guitar and bass amps and drumkit provided in each room - with performing lights in the main room!

http://www.stalkersstudio.co.uk/ - we have the Blackstar and Carter rooms

Kit wise people are bringing:-

@brocco bringing a Matchless Lightning 15w

@spark240 bringing a Kemper

@darthed1981 bringing a Katana 50

@impmann bringing a Hot Rod Deluxe

@thorpyfx bringing a pedalboard of goodies and a prototype amp

Suggest people bring a guitar stand for each guitar as per Leicester.

Will get the song and attendees list updated tonight - had a busy weekend sorry!

In addition to guitar(s) I'm just bringing my mini cube practice amp and maybe a couple of home-made FX pedals.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    mrkb said:
    I’ve used it before. There isn’t any reserved parking and it’s on an industrial unit estate, but I think we will all be OK at 1pm on a Sunday. There is key code access, but the owner might be there as well - he was when I went. There’s very limited options in Northampton- Audio Works by the train station only has two parking spaces and only has 3 smaller rooms. 
    Cool.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

OK,

Song update - I hope this is correct - let me know if not.

I don't have @strumjoughlamps or @adampeter down for any songs yet - let me know what you fancy joining in on.

Also have two singing slots available - Alive and Fortunate Son if anyone fancies helping out.

Will add a few more jam songs - anyone else fancy joining in on Broccos suggestions - Tush by ZZ Top  and Country Girl by Primal Scream ?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Tush - yeah! Gives me a chance to break out my bottleneck!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    impmann said:
    Tush - yeah! Gives me a chance to break out my bottleneck!
    *sucks through teeth*

You'll ruin that goldtop with that sort of behaviour ;)
  • Good God I've got to get some practice in, work is just throwing all my time out the window. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'm up for Tush and if that sounds wrong you don't know me well enough!
    lol.
    :)
    I can sing that one too.
    Brilliant suggestion.
  • Didn't realise this was happening.
    I'm happy to split bass duty or fill in the blank spots for guitar. 
    Is the song list finalised? 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Didn't realise this was happening.
    I'm happy to split bass duty or fill in the blank spots for guitar. 
    Is the song list finalised? 
    Apart from the first three, pick a few songs and take bass duty on them so I can have a break :)
  • Can I suggest come together by the beatles? That's pretty straight forward and good fun.

@Bridgehouse happy to split them however fella 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Can I suggest come together by the beatles? That's pretty straight forward and good fun.

@Bridgehouse happy to split them however fella 
    Ok, I'll have a look tomorrow and shoot some suggestions over
    Yay! Good to have you along Jack!

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Come Together is a great shout. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    Just a thought, but could we do a little Christmas performance?  Merry Xmas Everybody is pretty straightforward if I recall and we could video it as a forum Christmas recording?

Could be any Xmas song, you can do the James Dean Bradfield TGI Friday Last Christmas on an acoustic as well.

Just a thought as we are doing it in December!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...

Im sure we can fit @meltedbuzzbox in - theres been radio silence from @mike_l and @strumjoughlamps for a few weeks and they haven't selected any songs so I'm assuming they are no shows. @adampeter still needs to let me know what he wants to play on.

That makes a core of 13 musicians playing songs and @Thorpyfx as pedalmaster in chief - should be fun!

Will add Tush to the Jam track list - I drummed to that tonight and I liked it.

Not sure about Come Together as I'd need to work out a basic drum beat for it as its a bit complex for me to just jam along on and the drum part is a key part of the song.

Any more Jam song suggestions?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Just a thought, but could we do a little Christmas performance?  Merry Xmas Everybody is pretty straightforward if I recall and we could video it as a forum Christmas recording?

Could be any Xmas song, you can do the James Dean Bradfield TGI Friday Last Christmas on an acoustic as well.

Just a thought as we are doing it in December!

Its not fucking Christmas until the 25th.............................
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

Actually you're welcome to do anything you want - I'll be recording the songs on a zoom, so we can put something together if you want.

If enough want to put together a Band Aid style 12 man band ensemble I'll join in. Anyone bringing some slay bell antlers and a Christmas jumper?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Yeah it’s gonna be a no for me, I had it in my head it was on a Saturday. 

@strumjoughlamps - Ok thanks for letting me know. Hope you can make the next one.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1