Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Social snobbery alive and well

What's Hot
Early morning train today into London. I get onto the first big commuter train of the day.

I am inspecting on site today so have dirty boots and hard hat tucked under my arm.

However, as a sophisticated type, I have a first class ticket (ok, it's my business so it bought me one ;)

I get a few sneery looks on the platform standing in the first class section next to the pin striped city gents. As I get on, one of them tuts loudly, and comments to his fellow city boy chum that they let anyone into first class these days.

Naturally, I had a good cough, turned round and said "wanker".
10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 23reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13944
    edited September 2017
    I thought that was you as I stood on the platform with my can of Special Brew, Superking and jazz mag under my arm. I'm in the seat next to the shitter, it smells of wee back here.

You couldn't make it up.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought that was you as I stood on the platform with my can of Special Brew, Superking and jazz mag under my arm. I'm in the seat next to the shitter, it smells of wee back here.
    Hope you are enjoying your hard wooden bench in cattle class - pleb.

PS can I borrow your mag when you are "done"?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sure, Page 13 "readers wives" is a bit sticky though. I also tore out the ad for 6p a minute Granny Chat for later.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sure, Page 13 "readers wives" is a bit sticky though. I also tore out the ad for 6p a minute Granny Chat for later.
    At least you left the educational articles on fast cars in tho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    There I am, about to get on my first class carriage, and some tosser with mucky boots and a hard hat see fit to get in the first class section. And had the nerve to call me a wanker.
    All because I'm in my finest Saville Row pin stripe suit.
    And there's some lowlife with a can of Special Brew and a self-help magazine furiously beating one out down in the undesirable commoner section.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:
    There I am, about to get on my first class carriage, and some tosser with mucky boots and a hard hat see fit to get in the first class section. And had the nerve to call me a wanker.
    And there's some lowlife with a can of Special Brew and a self-help magazine furiously beating one out down in the undesirable commoner section.
    Am I sat on the fretboard express or summat?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    On every train I've been on, the only thing different about first class is the seats are a different colour.
    mike_l said:

Yes. @Alnico will be getting on at the next stop.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Bidley said:
    On every train I've been on, the only thing different about first class is the seats are a different colour.
    And there aren't any special brew drinking "men's interest" magazine reading "gentlemen" either...
    Bidley said:
    And there aren't any special brew drinking "men's interest" magazine reading "gentlemen" either...

There are, they hide the jazz mag and spesh behind a copy of the FT

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You've been told now......Know your place :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited September 2017
    mike_l said:
    Bidley said:

Ah the big pink stiff one.

FT crossword, that is...
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Fuck me I'd have got right up into his face, I freakin hate cunts like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    You're all on the direct train to Hastings, aren't you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpot said:

Well done you. Exactly the best way to demonstrate to the socially self-superior that the working man isn't ill-mannered, ill-humoured, ill-educated and ill-tempered.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    mike_l said:
    Bidley said:

My mate is a sparky. When on site he hides a copy of National Geographic inside a copy of Playboy :)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28426
    As I get on, one of them tuts loudly, and comments to his fellow city boy chum that they let anyone into first class these days.

Naturally, I had a good cough, turned round and said "wanker".
    Good answer. I'd have gone with "So I see - I presume you won your ticket in some sort of raffle?"
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    hotpot said:

Well done you. Exactly the best way to demonstrate to the socially self-superior that the working man isn't ill-mannered, ill-humoured, ill-educated and ill-tempered.
    I give what I get & then some.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpot said:
    hotpot said:

I give what I get & then some.

A pretty advanced philosophy there. Wouldn't the world be a splendid place if everyone was just as enlightened.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom