Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Social snobbery alive and well

What's Hot

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Philly_Q said:

To be honest the biggest surprise here is that snobby pin-striped City gents still exist.

I work in the City - sort of - and I don't see any gents, just gobby wide boys in suits.  It's like TOWIE except they actually have jobs.

That's traders, corporate finance and the other posh departments don't behave like that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12375
    I'd have shit in his bowler hat and popped it back on his head.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • As someone with a zero tolerance of being looked down upon in any way, I admire your restraint. I'd have probably twatted him....
    Ahhhhhh Napolean complex.
    Except I'm 6' in my bare feet....
    It's a complex...it doesn't have to be rational.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Early morning train today into London. I get onto the first big commuter train of the day.

I am inspecting on site today so have dirty boots and hard hat tucked under my arm.

However, as a sophisticated type, I have a first class ticket (ok, it's my business so it bought me one ;)

I get a few sneery looks on the platform standing in the first class section next to the pin striped city gents. As I get on, one of them tuts loudly, and comments to his fellow city boy chum that they let anyone into first class these days.

Naturally, I had a good cough, turned round and said "wanker".
    What are you? one of The Bottom Inspectors? you want a look at this bad boy?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Early morning train today into London. I get onto the first big commuter train of the day.

I am inspecting on site today so have dirty boots and hard hat tucked under my arm.

However, as a sophisticated type, I have a first class ticket (ok, it's my business so it bought me one ;)

I get a few sneery looks on the platform standing in the first class section next to the pin striped city gents. As I get on, one of them tuts loudly, and comments to his fellow city boy chum that they let anyone into first class these days.

I'm inspecting and signing off the services and technology at the new temporary building done for the school at the bottom of Grenfell Tower. 
  • Very good but I kinda wished you had been a bottom inspector.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Very good but I kinda wished you had been a bottom inspector.
    You can pretend I am if you want...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Early morning train today into London. I get onto the first big commuter train of the day.

I'm inspecting and signing off the services and technology at the new temporary building done for the school at the bottom of Grenfell Tower. 
    And is inspecting bottoms all part of your duties?
  • Sassafras said:
    Early morning train today into London. I get onto the first big commuter train of the day.

And is inspecting bottoms all part of your duties?
    And tops too!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I got the train between Taunton and Bristol a couple of weeks back and it was a nice surprise to find my ticket was first class. There was a dog in the saloon though, so they really do let riff raff on. 
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    I got the train between Taunton and Bristol a couple of weeks back and it was a nice surprise to find my ticket was first class. There was a dog in the saloon though, so they really do let riff raff on. 
    My dogs are posher than me
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22970
    holnrew said:
    There was a dog in the saloon though, so they really do let riff raff on. 

They'll let anyone in those places nowadays.

• As someone with a zero tolerance of being looked down upon in any way, I admire your restraint. I'd have probably twatted him....
    It always amazes me that people have that reaction.  I mean why does it matter what other people who you don't know think, say or do? If it was me I'd just be smug that I'm not him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28423
    holnrew said:
    I take it the dog wasn't Kennel Club?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Napoleon wasn't actually short, you know.
    He was 5' 6" which given I'm 6' 2" makes him a short arsed Frenchie ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • randellarandella Frets: 4184
    holnrew said:
    @holnrew your use of the word 'saloon' should entitle you to lots more first-class travel.
  • Take no shit from anyone

especially pounces in suites

• LOL at the knobheads commenting on how they would have thumped someone. Way to go to get yourself a conviction for assault. In real life that hardly ever happens. From the comments here, it sounds as if you're all a bunch of psychos when really you would have just sucked it up and pretended you didn't hear. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • LOL at the knobheads commenting on how they would have thumped someone. Way to go to get yourself a conviction for assault. In real life that hardly ever happens. From the comments here, it sounds as if you're all a bunch of psychos when really you would have just sucked it up and pretended you didn't hear. 
    I only commented because I felt empowered by my steel toe caps, muddy boots, and ability to utilise my hard hat for defence.

However, when I turned round I realised that they were mortified I'd heard. My impolite quip was met with a wince and a look that said "please don't smack me with your hard hat".

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751

However, when I turned round I realised that they were mortified I'd heard. My impolite quip was met with a wince and a look that said "please don't smack me with your hard hat".
    I'd find that more satisfying :lol:
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom