Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Social snobbery alive and well

What's Hot

Comments

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    Fuck me I'd have got right up into his face, I freakin hate cunts like that.

Well done you. Exactly the best way to demonstrate to the socially self-superior that the working man isn't ill-mannered, ill-humoured, ill-educated and ill-tempered.
    I give what I get & then some.

A pretty advanced philosophy there. Wouldn't the world be a splendid place if everyone was just as enlightened.
    I don't give a fuckin' monkey scrotum, if some smart mouthed twat is running his mouth at me he'd better be able to back it up. As old as I am I don't take shite from anyone.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @Bridgehouse ;
    You should have said "I think they made a special exception for you two today but don't worry, I'm not bothered about sharing the carriage with you."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Early morning train today into London. I get onto the first big commuter train of the day.

I am inspecting on site today so have dirty boots and hard hat tucked under my arm.

However, as a sophisticated type, I have a first class ticket (ok, it's my business so it bought me one ;)

I get a few sneery looks on the platform standing in the first class section next to the pin striped city gents. As I get on, one of them tuts loudly, and comments to his fellow city boy chum that they let anyone into first class these days.

Naturally, I had a good cough, turned round and said "wanker".
    Really??!! What a twat! I usually travel first class on the train mainly because if I am working I am often dealing with data and stuff that is held under a confidentiality agreement, and in a single seat in first, you get privcay to work, and room, Neither of which is the case in standard.

The biggest twats in first class are the city types, or business stiffs who insist on talking really loudly and having dead loud phone calls. Ignorant tossers, makes the red mist come down. Full of the big I am. Not averse to telling them to wind the volume down either. Life is too short to tolerate invasive pillocks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DLM said:
    Hey, where did you see those? I am already looking out for Christmas prezzies for the womenfolk in my family!!!  LOL. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Seriously though, what were you doing with a 1st class ticket when you clearly belong in steerage with all the other dreadful little oiks?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Seriously though, what were you doing with a 1st class ticket when you clearly belong in steerage with all the other dreadful little oiks?
    I'm a company director I'll have you know! Got the scars to prove it and anything.

Plus I like the croissants...
  • hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:

Well done you. Exactly the best way to demonstrate to the socially self-superior that the working man isn't ill-mannered, ill-humoured, ill-educated and ill-tempered.

A pretty advanced philosophy there. Wouldn't the world be a splendid place if everyone was just as enlightened.
    I don't give a fuckin' monkey scrotum, if some smart mouthed twat is running his mouth at me he'd better be able to back it up. As old as I am I don't take shite from anyone.

Good for you. Hold your ground. Don't ascend to their level. If you find yourself in a "mouthed twat" situation make sure you firmly occupy the low ground and steer a broad course around "smart".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lol CabbageCat is funny!

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    rocktron said: Hey, where did you see those? I am already looking out for Christmas prezzies for the womenfolk in my family!!!  LOL. 
    @rocktron Google image search! ;)
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:

Good for you. Hold your ground. Don't ascend to their level. If you find yourself in a "mouthed twat" situation make sure you firmly occupy the low ground and steer a broad course around "smart".
    Smart! Letting someone walk all over you! Not on your nelly,  Nothing gets my hackles up more than these holier than thou gobby snobs.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    Snap said:
    Really??!! What a twat! I usually travel first class on the train mainly because if I am working I am often dealing with data and stuff that is held under a confidentiality agreement, and in a single seat in first, you get privcay to work, and room, Neither of which is the case in standard.

Oooh I might have to mention that to my boss as a way of getting first class travel :-)
    It really is amazing what you can see on some people's laptop screens on trains, or the private phone calls you overhear people making!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:

Smart! Letting someone walk all over you! Not on your nelly,  Nothing gets my hackles up more than these holier than thou gobby snobs.

I imagine there are legions of gobby snobs out there who feel terribly inadequate to this day following one of your socio-intellectual drubbings.
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:

I imagine there are legions of gobby snobs out there who feel terribly inadequate to this day following one of your socio-intellectual drubbings.

Meh! water off a ducks back to me, It must be in my psyche to confront these people, I don't see it changing any time soon.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    edited September 2017
    Is this what they had in mind for you? Twats.
    Image result for handcar
    I had an interview some years ago for British Airways (the most corrupt company I have ever worked for) and was required to sit and wait in a main reception hall with about 100 other people. All of us were in suits but mine wasn't as conventional as the others and my hair, whilst neat, was quite long. I got quite a few stares and felt I was being talked about and noticed there were quite a few there wearing old school ties or emblems. Basically, they were a thoroughly unpleasant and unfriendly lot who thought a lot of themselves.

Anyway, every 15 mins or so, someone would come out and call out an aircraft type i.e. 757, Tristar etc and a group of people would go off with them with the remaining ones looking all smug and it became apparent that the group waiting was diminishing but the types of aircraft being called out where getting bigger and more impressive. They got to the call out for 747s and all those that were left got up except for me. They all turned to each other and were very perturbed. One guy arrogantly asked me "So, what are you flying then"? and I just said "Concorde of course". Their smug faces just dropped. I was actually there to work in ticketing!

Up the workers!
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I'd have smacked his stupid chinless face, beat him around the head with the hardhat and gobbed all over him while screaming in his stupid privileged face that I was every bit as classy as him.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:

Meh! water off a ducks back to me, It must be in my psyche to confront these people, I don't see it changing any time soon.
    Maybe with some hefty self-evaluation I can get to a place where somehow such confrontations can simultaneously be "water off a duck's back" that I "don't give a fuckin' monkey's scrotum" about and  "nothing gets my hackles up more than" them to the point it's "in my psyche to confront" the instigators. It might seem paradoxical but I reckon some Zen master somewhere could teach me to be so aggressively blasé.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This has once happened to me. I went for a quiet, "excuse me?".

Cue a couple of suited types looking around awkwardly and stammering they were talking about something else.

I must admit, I wasn't intending to be confrontational about it, it was a genuine "excuse me?" moment! Very strange.
  • They've actively invited you in to a conversation, so to say nothing quite rightly results in extra stress on the individual being insulted, it would in my case anyway. I would tend to do what @ThePrettyDamned did, I find it more and more amusing how doing this in challenging situation often causes discomfort to the insulter/challenger.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • They've actively invited you in to a conversation, so to say nothing quite rightly results in extra stress on the individual being insulted, it would in my case anyway. I would tend to do what @ThePrettyDamned did, I find it more and more amusing how doing this in challenging situation often causes discomfort to the insulter/challenger.

It wasn't really intentional, I don't think I have the confidence to do that - more my internal dialogue bypassed the filter on my brain and came out.

It did work though. I got a free upgrade to first class because of some hassles with my train. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6085
    Meet the day the @Bridgehouse way.