Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So bigger family, bigger car needed.... is there any positive way to buy a car?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Budgie said:
    A used Volvo XC70 with a D5 engine. Very reliable and hold their value. Xc90s keep their value too. Safe and quick with tons of space.

My C30 T5, paid £10.5k 18 months ago.  I look don auto trader, a similar age C30 T5 goes for £9k and those average with 10k-20k more miles on the clock than mine, with lower specs such as no heated seats, in manual (was a £1500 option), soft boot cover (£350 option).

Basically in 18 months, my car depreciated bugger all, for a non-exotic car it is rather remarkable.

So….get a Volvo  =)
    I shall check them out!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    ThorpyFX said:
    Budgie said:
    A used Volvo XC70 with a D5 engine. Very reliable and hold their value. Xc90s keep their value too. Safe and quick with tons of space.

My C30 T5, paid £10.5k 18 months ago.  I look don auto trader, a similar age C30 T5 goes for £9k and those average with 10k-20k more miles on the clock than mine, with lower specs such as no heated seats, in manual (was a £1500 option), soft boot cover (£350 option).

Basically in 18 months, my car depreciated bugger all, for a non-exotic car it is rather remarkable.

So….get a Volvo  =)
    I shall check them out!
    Volvo have refreshed their XC60 and XC90 in the past year, so you might be able to get some great deals on the older model.  Like all Volvos they come kitted to the hills with safety features, have the best seats in the business and quiet cabin.  

Servicing is not cheap though, i would say on par with the likes of BMW and Audi, but if you are already looking at a Q5 then it doesn't matter really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom