Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

IT

What's Hot
Just back from seeing this - fantastic film! Not seen the original film, but this has a superb balance of horror and Comedy :)

Anyone else seen it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm going tomorrow and really can't wait, my missus is looking forward to it as well not only for the film but for the fact I am a massive wimp and will let out several girly screams in the cinema., 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2417
    I'm going tomorrow and really can't wait, my missus is looking forward to it as well not only for the film but for the fact I am a massive wimp and will let out several girly screams in the cinema., 
    Yeah, there are shed loads of jumps in it. I've never seen a film where I've cent the entire row jump, multiple times!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12386
    The original movie is pretty poor so hoping this is much better, it's had pretty good reviews but I think it's harder and harder to make a horror film scary these days as all the tricks have been used to the point where everything seems contrived.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The original movie is pretty poor so hoping this is much better, it's had pretty good reviews but I think it's harder and harder to make a horror film scary these days as all the tricks have been used to the point where everything seems contrived.
    The old version was pretty poor, I agree, but the one thing that made it watchable was Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise, pure genius.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I am going tomorrow night.

I quite liked the original, but I enjoy s.king movie adaptations overall - even though most of them are B class.

Book was fantastic.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7349
    Was going to go today but it's £24 for 2 tickets.

Fuck. Off.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11617
    tFB Trader
    The book is excellent. I was hugely into Steven King about 30 years ago and devoured most of his books. IT much like a lot go King's books was always going to be tough to adapt because of the background narration and the internal dialogue which is King's way of fleshing out the characters in his books.

I'm looking forward to seeing it though

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Never liked Stephen King.
    That is all I have to say on the subject.
    Thinking about, I can't stand any horror books or films although Halloween and The Thing weren't bad.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Is IT like ET ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw it LATE last night.. great film.
  • Surely it ( or IT) was a TV series rather than a fillum before? I remember getting bored and giving up with it, much like I did with the book. I may yet get dragged to the film but it wouldn't be my choice although I've seen a couple of positive reviews. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308
    Surely it ( or IT) was a TV series rather than a fillum before? I remember getting bored and giving up with it, much like I did with the book. I may yet get dragged to the film but it wouldn't be my choice although I've seen a couple of positive reviews. 
    Twas a tv mini series I think.I've seen it loads if times and actually quite like it other than the ending,which is pants.My kids watched it recently and enjoyed it too.

Looking forward to seeing the re-make.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Haven't read the book 'cos I've seen the original movie. The book's said to be massively better than the movie, as usual. Shall I get hold of it and devour it or would that be worthless after having seen the movie? I loved Under the Dome. The book. The series is just a bad joke.
  •  Twas a tv mini series I think.I've seen it loads if times and actually quite like it other than the ending,which is pants.My kids watched it recently and enjoyed it too.

Looking forward to seeing the re-make.
    Same thing with me, the ending of It completely ruined it!  But that is the ending of the book as well.  I love Stephen King's work for sure, 'The Mist' is still my favourite cinematic adaptation.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12386
    The book is long ass, have to confess i put it down 200 pages in about 7yrs ago and havent picked it up again since
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    His short stories are a lot better than his books. They get to the point without all the drivel.
  • Contrary to other's opinions I absolutely love Tim Curry's Pennywise and the original film/TV series! I'm reluctant to see the new film to be honest.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Seen it.

Proper horror film. Not like The Paranormal Blair Conjouring Witch films where no horror is included but lots of jump scares and loud bangs are used, but genuinely creepy scary shit.

New Pennywise character is good too. A different take than Tim Curry went for but definitely well done
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I'm desperate to see it - my wife and I love horror flicks. I'm really tempted to not go to the flicks and wait for it on DVD. The original is a watch-at-home classic. I don't think there has been a modern horror film which has worked well on the big screen since Scream, tbh. I'm relieved they haven't made a complete cock up of this remake to be fair! 
  • Is it about computers?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom