Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

13»

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited September 2017

I really didn't like the first film. The problem I have with Stephen King book adaptations is that I form images of the characters and the films never match.

I liked some elements of the book. There's a scene where Pennywise is in a field a long way away and the young lad sees him and the clown gets closer and closer every time he looks at him and he sees the rotting flesh when he gets close. I found that quite unsettling the way it was written, broad daylight horror. A bit like some of RandallFlagg's scenes in The Stand.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    FarleyUK said:
    I was thinking of seeing it but I don't like jumpscares - it just makes for a boring film without any actual horror in it.

So, those who have seen it, how often does it do the, "quiet, quiet, quiet, LOUD WEIRD NOISE" thing? I'm not paying a lot of money just to see that shit. 
    ......no, no, not at all.

Honest.

When you go, can you do me a favour and record yourself watching it?

(But seriously, yes it does. Lots of them)

Bugger. 

It's just lazy horror - if you watch Ringu, there is two jumpscares in the whole film and yet it's absolutely truly scary, stays with you.

Jump scares are easy - it's lazy film making that plays on the fact that a loud noise following quiet *will* make anyone jump, but isn't actually scary. I don't think I'll bother until it's on dvd. 
    Try watching ‘I Saw The Devil’.  Not a jump scare movie at all, but creepy as hell, and lingers in the mind. One of Korea’s best horror/thrillers. 

If you like that, try ‘The Man From Knowhere’.  No horror, just an action thriller, but a great watch’. 

I love I saw the devil! Great film. I found it after I first saw Oldboy. 

@Myranda I'll look at giving it a go then. The conjuring was a pile of shit. I liked ringu - got right under my skin...
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2327
    edited September 2017

Went to see it last night. Huge fan of the story and of the original tv series/film apart from the end creature.

Very impressed. This is how modern horror should be done.

If I was to describe it:

Goonies meets Stranger Things (actor and 80s setting) meets Stand By Me meets horrible horror....which is great!

9/10.....easily.

• I'm a fan of the book and original film but I LOVED the remake! It's a bit darker too. I enjoy horror films with a comedy element. A lot of it is dark humor but that's me all over......in case you hadn't noticed lol

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi