Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Attempted Bomb attack in London?

What's Hot
mgawmgaw Frets: 5296
edited September 2017 in Off Topic
Explosion on a tube at parsons green station!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5296
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    edited September 2017
    Bit early to assume it's a terrorist, mate..

I just bowled up to the office just as it happened, but I think a few of my co-workers are caught up in it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • We'll find out soon enough, no reports of mass injuries which is the important thing.

It could simply be a bucket of building rubbish, as there are reports or wires and flames out of buckets - a couple of rags with some linseed oil could do it. Not saying thats what it is, but no need to assume it must be terrorism.

Whilst there is suspicion the CT units will always be onsite, so just because they are there it's terrorism
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was on the train just before, scary!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Why? What other type of people routinely endeavour to blow up people going about their daily business?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Why? What other type of people routinely endeavour to blow up people going about their daily business?
    Do I really need to point out what it's also too early to assume?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72635
    edited September 2017
    Have to wait for forensics - it is possible it's entirely accidental and nothing to do with terrorism.

A few days ago a car was blown up quite spectacularly, it looked just like the results of a bomb, but it was actually caused by an air freshener being left on until the car was full of flammable vapour. (Which also calls into question the safety of air fresheners.)

And it seems this is not the first one…

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/air-freshener-explosion-second-car-11130568

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/18/air-freshener-in-mans-car-almost-killed-him-when-it-exploded-6788111/

If it was a bomb it wasn't a very successful one, but that can be true too.

(Edit - now looks to be so.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    The early descriptions on the news make it sound like it is either a failed device ( i.e. they got the mix wrong) or something else that is flammable in nature (in a bag) i.e. an e cigarette that has exploded due to a shoddy lithium ion battery etc. It certainly didn't "high order" or there would be a lot of damage and casualties.

until more info comes in, it wouldn't be wise to assume anything.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mynamesnotbobmynamesnotbob Frets: 114
    edited September 2017
    ICBM said:
    Have to wait for forensics - it is possible it's entirely accidental and nothing to do with terrorism.

A few days ago a car was blown up quite spectacularly, it looked just like the results of a bomb, but it was actually caused by an air freshener being left on until the car was full of flammable vapour. (Which also calls into question the safety of air fresheners.)

If it was a bomb it wasn't a very successful one, but that can be true too.
    Agreed, It'll be pretty obvious by now to those on the scene, but their first job is to manage the situation - so it'll be clear in a few hours
  • It's pretty much certain to be terrorist related as there isn't an owner present which if it was an accident, someone would have come forward. I thought that it was a chemical/bio attack earlier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's pretty much certain to be terrorist related as there isn't an owner present which if it was an accident, someone would have come forward. I thought that it was a chemical/bio attack earlier.
    The first thing that went through my mind if it WERE a terrorist attack was expecting there to be more reports of explosions on other lines.

Thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I know in the mornings on the tube to work, it's always heaving in there (if only those utter knobs with rucksacks took them off....), and it's pretty scary to imagine a bomb in a carriage with so many people tightly packed in.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Police have now declared it to be a terrorist incident
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    The first thing that went through my mind if it WERE a terrorist attack was expecting there to be more reports of explosions on other lines.

I know in the mornings on the tube to work, it's always heaving in there (if only those utter knobs with rucksacks took them off....), and it's pretty scary to imagine a bomb in a carriage with so many people tightly packed in.
    What's wrong with wearing my rucksack? Takes up a bit of space perhaps, but getting it on and off is also a pain for everyone nearby. I'm a skinny chap, even with my rucksack on I'm not as chunky as some of the fat people on the trains.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    Police have now declared it to be a terrorist incident
    Fancy that....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    FarleyUK said:

What's wrong with wearing my rucksack? Takes up a bit of space perhaps, but getting it on and off is also a pain for everyone nearby. I'm a skinny chap, even with my rucksack on I'm not as chunky as some of the fat people on the trains.
    Please take it off mate. It's fucking proper annoying when I'm stood there packed in like a sardine with everyone else, and there is one person who thinks they deserve more room than everyone else. Put it on the floor between your legs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Don't know what you're on about. I love it when the tube comes to a stop, everyone jolts and a bag smacks in to my throat.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:

So you can't take it off before getting on the train then...? Is it really that difficult?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30314
    I'd be a bit worried about wearing a rucksack on the tube. It didn't turn out too well for Jean Charles de Menezes.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Sassafras said:
    I'd be a bit worried about wearing a rucksack on the tube. It didn't turn out too well for Jean Charles de Menezes.

Ah, but that was an accident. The police were actually after his naughty brother, Dennis.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom