Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Attempted Bomb attack in London?

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUK said:
    The first thing that went through my mind if it WERE a terrorist attack was expecting there to be more reports of explosions on other lines.

Thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I know in the mornings on the tube to work, it's always heaving in there (if only those utter knobs with rucksacks took them off....), and it's pretty scary to imagine a bomb in a carriage with so many people tightly packed in.
    What's wrong with wearing my rucksack? Takes up a bit of space perhaps, but getting it on and off is also a pain for everyone nearby. I'm a skinny chap, even with my rucksack on I'm not as chunky as some of the fat people on the trains.
    Do you sit there reading a newspaper too so you can fill up another space?

Just take it off, you take up double the space any pretty much anyone below 5'8" gets your back crushed into their face as you have no feeling that you are pressing against them, if you are that height then you are beating up children, who almost have rights too. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    FarleyUK said:
    The first thing that went through my mind if it WERE a terrorist attack was expecting there to be more reports of explosions on other lines.

Thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I know in the mornings on the tube to work, it's always heaving in there (if only those utter knobs with rucksacks took them off....), and it's pretty scary to imagine a bomb in a carriage with so many people tightly packed in.
    What's wrong with wearing my rucksack? Takes up a bit of space perhaps, but getting it on and off is also a pain for everyone nearby. I'm a skinny chap, even with my rucksack on I'm not as chunky as some of the fat people on the trains.
    Do you sit there reading a newspaper too so you can fill up another space?

Just take it off, you take up double the space any pretty much anyone below 5'8" gets your back crushed into their face as you have no feeling that you are pressing against them, if you are that height then you are beating up children, who almost have rights too. 
    Haha, I was going to say that about the newspaper as well - but I thought "Nah, must just be me who gets annoyed by selfish pr*cks that do that". :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Police now state they are treating it as a deliberate terrorist act.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Police now state they are treating it as a deliberate terrorist act.
    Is there any other type of terror attack? Apparently a second device failed to go off (thank God).

Tony Blair has a lot to answer for ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6222
    tFB Trader
    Fretwired said:

Agreed
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Is there any other type of terror attack? Apparently a second device failed to go off (thank God).

Seriously? Did he cause the increase in terrorism across the rest of Europe as well?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:

Seriously? Did he cause the increase in terrorism across the rest of Europe as well?
    There's a strong argument that he did
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2017
    Fretwired said:

Yes. By invading Iraq we destabilised the Middle East - it was Blair who pushed for it with his dodgy dossier.  IS started out as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and was created in the chaos of Iraq after the invasion. There was no reconstruction plan or idea of what to do - the chaos spread to Libya, Egypt and Syria and let to waves of migrants feeing war. No invasion, no ISIS. Blair should be tried as a war criminal. He lied. Go check where his massive wealth (over £80 million) came from - the Kuwaiti Royal Family, a Korean oil company and US corporations.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • What proportion of the recent attacks were Iraqi / Syrian citizens versus European citizens?

I applaud your willingness to jump on some Blair bashing for almost any reason without any information at all being released about this incident but I feel like there are probably other, more relevant factors to consider.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72719
    I agree that there are other factors as well, but the destabilisation of the middle east caused by Blair and Bush is a major one.

To be fair to both of them, Western interference in the region goes back a lot further than that too. We were bombing civilians in Iraq as long ago as the 1920s. And we wonder why they hate us...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    What proportion of the recent attacks were Iraqi / Syrian citizens versus European citizens?

I applaud your willingness to jump on some Blair bashing for almost any reason without any information at all being released about this incident but I feel like there are probably other, more relevant factors to consider.
    Irrelevant. ISIS were created out of the chaos of Iraq. They managed to rob banks and apparently had billions of dollars. They influenced Muslims in Europe who saw western Christians killing Muslims in the Middle East and bought into the extreme ideology of IS. The fact that bombers were British or French is irrelevant. They were supporting IS; the attacks were carried out in the name and ideology of IS; in effect Blair/Bush created IS.  There are people in the UK who would still be alive (service personnel and civilians) had Blair not pushed his dodgy dossier and when you look at the death and destruction in Iraq, Libya and Syria that has led to an exodus of people you can only come to the conclusion that Blair is guilty as charged.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13965
    edited September 2017

US President Donald Trump tweeted: "Another attack in London by a loser terrorist. These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!"

Thanks for that, bellend

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2017

US President Donald Trump tweeted: "Another attack in London by a loser terrorist. These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!"

Thanks for that, bellend

He then said the internet should be cut off .. :-)

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Trump's on fire ... the man is a prize twat ..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1761

Put that man in a position of power and he'd be dangerous.

Oh wait hang on.................

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    He's absolutely right!
    The internet should be cut off. Then we wouldn't have to hear about his petulant school-boyish simple minded rants.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
    Fretwired said: 

Such eloquence.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    I think all terrorists will be taking those "loser" comments and be deeply impacted by them, it really does cut to the bone, and it could possibly change their behaviours.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Just as well the losers are incompetent too.  From the BBC report:
    "Our security correspondent Frank Gardner said the bomb appeared not to have gone off.
    Had it worked as intended, it would have killed everyone around it and maimed everyone in the train carriage for life, he said."

This appears to have been a bucket inside a Lidl bag.  Don't ignore those unattended bags folks, whatever they look like.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12433
    Take a hike dum dum terrorists.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom