Synergy?

What's Hot

Comments

• i_b_tullochi_b_tulloch Frets: 105
    edited October 2017

Nice looking rig webrthomson.

I asked Dave some questions about the rig over the last couple of days. I was wanting to know if the fender modules could give you the sound of the amps cranked up as I like the idea of having a master volume fender and be able to get vintage cranked sounds at lower levels. He confirmed that they can absolutely do this - and more than the fenders they were based on due to the eq and other switch options. Really looking forward to trying out the fender based modules (he confirmed the BMAN and TDLX are designed by Bruce). Looks like lots of tonal shaping options. I also asked whether you can cascade SYN2's and he confirmed that you can but is still to give me details of how to do it. I like the idea of having a couple of SYN2's down the line so you can switch between 4 modules, and the host amps preamp.

My Trading Feedback Link is here i_b_tulloch

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    It's all reverse compatible (thank God)

The current (front room) amp

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice looking rig webrthomson.

Thanks!

I asked Dave some questions about the rig over the last couple of days. I was wanting to know if the fender modules could give you the sound of the amps cranked up as I like the idea of having a master volume fender and be able to get vintage cranked sounds at lower levels. He confirmed that they can absolutely do this - and more than the fenders they were based on due to the eq and other switch options. Really looking forward to trying out the fender based modules (he confirmed the BMAN and TDLX are designed by Bruce). Looks like lots of tonal shaping options. I also asked whether you can cascade SYN2's and he confirmed that you can but is still to give me details of how to do it. I like the idea of having a couple of SYN2's down the line so you can switch between 4 modules, and the host amps preamp.

Good to know - the BMan was one of my favourite Egnater modules so that is definitely on the list!

Good grief Jonathan - I thought I was bad with two M4's - that's amazing! :)
    tFB Trader

Nice looking rig webrthomson.

Thanks!

Good to know - the BMan was one of my favourite Egnater modules so that is definitely on the list!

Good grief Jonathan - I thought I was bad with two M4's - that's amazing! :)
    I still have another M4 downstairs and 3 module bags full of modules

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I still have another M4 downstairs and 3 module bags full of modules
    We're going to need a bigger boat :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's all reverse compatible (thank God)

Jesus wept man........That's how to do it.

Must admit I prefer the custom faceplates on the MTS modules. Adds that little something extra to the mojo.

• Yeah I think Feline wins at best home rig. Don’t fancy lifting that though!
    tFB Trader
    OMG - the modules arrived and only had time to look at two so far .
    The BE does exactly what you expect of it 
    The Metropoulos Metro Plex is a MONSTER though. (@webrthomson think you were interested to hear this)
    Considering that it's supposed to be like a late 60s Superlead, it has some serious balls and gain on tap.
    It may well become a firm favourite for me. More playing tests over the weekend....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Sounds great...still in awe at your rack mate !

• OMG - the modules arrived and only had time to look at two so far .
    The Metropoulos Metro Plex is a MONSTER though. (@webrthomson think you were interested to hear this)
    Considering that it's supposed to be like a late 60s Superlead, it has some serious balls and gain on tap.
    It may well become a firm favourite for me. More playing tests over the weekend....
    Nice the demo Metropoulos did sounded amazing :)

I'm interested to hear what you think of the 800 too?
    tFB Trader
    OMG - the modules arrived and only had time to look at two so far .
    Nice the demo Metropoulos did sounded amazing :)

I'm interested to hear what you think of the 800 too?
    The 800 is kind of what you expect it to be ...solid and workmanlike
    The SLO and the VH4 however are exceptional - the SLO has actually had Mike Soldano design it so it should be good but it sounds just like you'd expect an SLO to sound for the most part.
    I know you said it was a bit shouty in the upper mids compared to a REAL SLO but it's pretty close

I realise that this time I have 5 variations of a similar theme but most of the classic rock I like has had these sounds at it's core so they will serve me well and the Egnater Fender and Vox themed modules sound marvellous, although the new Synergy Twin/Deluxe with individual EQ for each channel looks  even better than the Egnater T/D

tFB Trader
    This is the workshop rack as it looks today:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The 800 is kind of what you expect it to be ...solid and workmanlike
    The SLO and the VH4 however are exceptional - the SLO has actually had Mike Soldano design it so it should be good but it sounds just like you'd expect an SLO to sound for the most part.
    I know you said it was a bit shouty in the upper mids compared to a REAL SLO but it's pretty close

I realise that this time I have 5 variations of a similar theme but most of the classic rock I like has had these sounds at it's core so they will serve me well and the Egnater Fender and Vox themed modules sound marvellous, although the new Synergy Twin/Deluxe with individual EQ for each channel looks  even better than the Egnater T/D

Nice - I think want more now :) I did the same thing I bought three high gain sounds but I like each of them for different things - next time I'll get some clean and mid gain!

Nice smaller rack too :)
    tFB Trader
    I will be putting a few modules up for grabs soon as I seem to have some duplicates from some of my purchasing (mainly from buying Matt Bellamy's rig that had 2 of each module so he had backup).
    I also have to look at what i don't use and what is effectively crossover from two different brands.

Just went to order at Music Productive...now showing as "no info on stock from manufacturer"...in other words, they've sold out their first pallet delivery. :/

Damn, looks like first quarter next year now until the UK gets in on the second mass-production run.

Bummer.
    edited October 2017

I have been considering this system to add channels to my Dirty Shirley amp. The DS is apparently an 800 style front end and JTM style back end (6L6's). I am curious to how much of a difference in sound will be between the DS actual preamp, the BE synergy module and the 800 synergy module. I have had the BE100 before and now have the BE-OD pedal. The pedal is great for my other Marshall amps to get a BE type sound, but with the DS I prefer to just boost the front end which I think gets into BE territory anyway. Given this I think the SLO, Plexi and Metroplex modules might give me more difference in sound.

FelineGuitars - How much difference in sound is there between the 800 and BE modules? Have you considered getting the Plexi module to compare to the Metroplex module? I like the idea of the Plexi module having volume I and II controls like a real plexi - mixing these on a real plexi really thickens the sound.

I think if I take the plunge I will wait until they come to the UK.

tFB Trader

Another killer demo, 2 modules I'd be looking to get...gonna be a long wait to 2018 :/
    edited December 2017
    Peach Guitars now stocking Synergy Line.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I will be putting a few modules up for grabs soon as I seem to have some duplicates from some of my purchasing (mainly from buying Matt Bellamy's rig that had 2 of each module so he had backup).
    I also have to look at what i don't use and what is effectively crossover from two different brands.
    Tell me more about matts rig :-)