Synergy?

What's Hot

Comments

• Me too, but I fancy a Syn30 as well and I love to be able to try it first as well :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Me too, but I fancy a Syn30 as well and I love to be able to try it first as well :)
    Cool, would be interested to hear your thoughts...
  • Mine landed today, not had time to setup yet.
    I honestly thought it sounded awesome. The best I’ve heard Synergy sound 
    Nice - I would be interested to hear your thoughts :)

Mine landed today, not had time to setup yet.
    Cool!

Cool!
    sounds really great, I can't seem to suss out the foot switch though lol

Cool!
    sounds really great, I can't seem to suss out the foot switch though lol
    How come?

Make sure your dip switches on the back are still set to midi channel 1 / Omni and plug a 7 pin cable into the midi in and the back of the footswitch - should light up / change channels.

Normally it's pins 6 & 7 that carry the power - verify that you've got those wired up - you (helpfully) get 7 pin cables that only hook up the 5 normal pins :)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    Rediscovering a few of my modded modules of late - loving the Mas-oldano from Salvation
    Like a mash up of Soldano SLO or Hot Rod 50 with Marshall or Soldano tone shaping  options - really good

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I do like the Salvation Mods , but he so needs to use BETTER quality switches.....

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• The slo and vh4 modules sound great through the head.
  • Anybody thinking about these units. Give peach a shout, the syn 30 heads are perfect for home use and small gigs. Great clean channel for a pedal platform to. For £1150 the price point is perfect.
  • Anybody thinking about these units. Give peach a shout, the syn 30 heads are perfect for home use and small gigs. Great clean channel for a pedal platform to. For £1150 the price point is perfect.
    Good to know, I'm very tempted by this amp :)
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6154
    Anybody thinking about these units. Give peach a shout, the syn 30 heads are perfect for home use and small gigs. Great clean channel for a pedal platform to. For £1150 the price point is perfect.
    Although I love the idea, and am ready part with cash (having 4 Randall modules and a RM100 2x12 combo that I'd like to downsize), I can't agree about perfect price point. At £999, I'd think about it, but at that price with no modules, I'm not buying.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Just bought the Plexi module , which kind of feels like repeating myself for the millionth time, but I like the separate gains for the bright and normal channels that you would have on an old 4 hole Marshall that has it's inputs jumpered .

To be fair it is really good. I may have to have a bit of a sort out as I'm getting more duplicates that a kid collecting Star Wars trading cards

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I love metal and I like Ola, but is it me, or does he make every amp he demoes sound pretty much the same, bar a phase shift / eq tweak?

It always sounds great for that type of genre, but it doesn't really tell me anything re. other sounds / versatility of the products. On the basis of this demo I'd assume I'd only need one module that does it all, which is surely a) the opposite of the raison d'etre of a system like this and b) not great for the manufacturers USPs?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10226
    edited October 2018
    Guys I’m new to this concept. 

How do they compare to their real amp counterparts? How do they compare to a Kemper/Helix through a cab? Similar kind of thing?

Many thanks. 
    tFB Trader
    I'd say it's as close to the real thing as I've ever heard assuming they got the module right and that you are running an appropriate power section for your comparison. 
    It is real because you effectively have the same circuit with real quality components

Cant't comment on Helix comparisons as I never tried one but it seems a bit more real to the actual amp than a Kemper because if you change a setting on the Synergy it changes exactly how that amp would, whilst the Kemper is a (very good) snapshot of an amp at certain settings with the ability to change the tones quite a bit, but maybe lacking some of the idiosyncrasies that the actual amp has. This is not necessarily a bad thing in the Kemper's case as it may be way more consistent than even the real amp but if you are asking about accuracy then that is the difference.

I thought Henning Pauly's clip below was on the money and has a good comparison with a Marshall

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom