Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NPD...Analog.Man KOT is here

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
edited September 2017 in FX
Been on the waiting list since 5th March 2016, my name came up and the King Of Tone finally arrived. I had to pay £18 import duty & fees to release it from the Royal Mail sorting office after battling through the Friday evening traffic.

I have plugged it in very briefly, really just to check it worked, I didn't have time to get to grips with it so my opinion is to follow. It will be up against a Strymon Sunset which I am really starting to love the sound of, so it has it's work cut out to beat that. Here's some pics of the fabled and somehow mythical Analog.Man King of Tone as I unpacked it:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    edited September 2017
    Mine's currently in Coventry customs....
    Hope you enjoy it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1626
    Been on the waiting list since 5th March 2016, my name came up and the King Of Tone finally arrived. I had to pay £18 import duty & fees to release it from the Royal Mail sorting office after battling through the Friday evening traffic.

I have plugged it in very briefly, really just to check it worked, I didn't have time to get to grips with it so my opinion is to follow. It will be up against a Strymon Sunset which I am really starting to love the sound of, so it has it's work cut out to beat that. Here's some pics of the fabled and somehow mythical Analog.Man King of Tone as I unpacked it:

Brilliant @RandallFlagg I hope you love it.

if you don’t mind me asking how much do you end up paying?
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    edited September 2017
    I’d be interested in your opinion of it at lower volumes...I’ve heard it can be great at gig volume but a bit pants at home....

edit...I’ve just joined the waiting list 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm on the waiting list for one too. However my head is being turned by the new JHS/Boss Angry Driver. So much good stuff around :(. Those Kots become so expensive with the duty added. 

Im looking forward to hearing your opinion on the KOT 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • shaunm said:

£230.51 with the import charge and carriage. I used USPS (the cheapest Analog Man offered)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited September 2017

I'm on the waiting list for one too. However my head is being turned by the new JHS/Boss Angry Driver. So much good stuff around . Those Kots become so expensive with the duty added. 

Yep, I just watched the TPS video on the Angry Driver and that parallel mode sounds very good. I am tempted! If the KOT doesn't work out I might get one.

edited September 2017

I'm on the waiting list for one too. However my head is being turned by the new JHS/Boss Angry Driver. So much good stuff around . Those Kots become so expensive with the duty added. 

I wasn't really fussed by the time my name came up but after waiting so long I figured it's worth buying as I won't lose money if I sell it.

• shaunm said:

£230.51 with the import charge and carriage. I used USPS (the cheapest Analog Man offered)
    That's better than I thought it would be. I thought the tax / duty / courier etc would bring it up to around £350
    edited October 2017
    Just been playing through it and liking it. It sounds quite different from the Sunset, the yellow side set as a boost adds a really nice refined tone in the mid-range, just a hint and sounds very good. The red side has quite a different drive character to the Sunset as well, not as mid heavy and lets more of the natural guitar/amp tone though just adding some grit, volume and gain but also has that nice something in the mids, not too overpowering.

This isn't the kind of drive pedal that will make a Strat sound like it has humbuckers like an Angry Charlie can, but will keep the core tone of the guitar and amp intact and just add dirt to it.

10 minutes turned into 1 hour noodling which is a good sign as I got lost and just kept playing. So far so good.

• I’m on the list, but no idea where.   You can’t lose out really for £230, it’s either as good as many people say (win) or you can sell it and get your money back (win).  

• I’m on the list, but no idea where.   You can’t lose out really for £230, it’s either as good as many people say (win) or you can sell it and get your money back (win).  
    Just why do sellers feel the need to ask for £400 plus for them though? Bit greedy? I'd be happy just to get my money back for it :(
    shaunm said:

That’s a fantastic price! £400 seems like a pisstake.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader

I’m on the list, but no idea where.   You can’t lose out really for £230, it’s either as good as many people say (win) or you can sell it and get your money back (win).  
    Just why do sellers feel the need to ask for £400 plus for them though? Bit greedy? I'd be happy just to get my money back for it :(
    Because they can.... and because people will pay it to avoid an 18 month wait...knowing that they’ll get their money back. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:

I’m on the list, but no idea where.   You can’t lose out really for £230, it’s either as good as many people say (win) or you can sell it and get your money back (win).  
    Because they can.... and because people will pay it to avoid an 18 month wait...knowing that they’ll get their money back. 
    Luckily I'm a patient chap. However over an 18 month wait I can easily have my head turned. I'm sure I'm not the only one ;)
    edited September 2017
    shaunm said:
    shaunm said:

Nothing fantastic about it. The pedal is $245 new which is £182 when converted. The extra £48 is shipping & import charges.

As @ThorpyFX said the £400 you see on Ebay is the going market rate for people who want to buy their way out of the 18 month lead time.

• Been playing again and it sounds really good with my Strat through the Victory V40 Deluxe. This video from The SuperFunAwesomeHappyTime Pedal Show! guys is very accurate to the sounds I'm getting and are the closest representation of the pedal I've seen yet:

shaunm said:
    shaunm said:

Nothing fantastic about it. The pedal is $245 new which is £182 when converted. The extra £48 is shipping & import charges.

As @ThorpyFX said the £400 you see on Ebay is the going market rate for people who want to buy their way out of the 18 month lead time.
    Sorry, I should explain my “that’s a fantastic price” comment. 

I didnt know that they weren’t £400. So in my case £230 is great, so much so that I put myself on the list after reading that.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Also to be fair it depends on the options. 

For example i got one earlier in the year -

higher gain both sides
    white case
    buffer
    four jack sockets (for looper pedals)
    external switch for the right hand gain
    spare back

made it a lot more than £230!

didnt mind because I wanted all the options so I could keep it forever. 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Oh and enjoy. It’s an amazing pedal at any volume!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    peteri said:
    Also to be fair it depends on the options. 

For example i got one earlier in the year -

higher gain both sides
    white case
    buffer
    four jack sockets (for looper pedals)
    external switch for the right hand gain
    spare back

made it a lot more than £230!

didnt mind because I wanted all the options so I could keep it forever. 
    Yep, that's the kinda spec Ive been looking for in one.... especially the four jack sockets