Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NPD...Analog.Man KOT is here

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30930
    I've spent hours b2b a PK v a KOT. Nothing to choose, PK slightly clearer.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    Gassage said:
    I've spent hours b2b a PK v a KOT. Nothing to choose, PK slightly clearer.

PK?

• paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited October 2017
    Thorpy Peacekeeper (MTL)
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    I tried setting both sides to OD last night rather that Boost/OD and that's where it is for me. Yellow side a light clip with the Strat and then have the red side feed into it with a chunk more gain and bit of a volume lift. Sounded good.
    That's where I am at with mine. Yellow has slight whiff of break up up a strat, a bit more with a les Paul. All knobs roughly 1-2pm (on octatonics advice) and that's me done. If I want more I stack them. If I want even more I have a boost at the end of the chain
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    I took the afternoon off to spend some more time playing a bit louder than when the family is in and put the Strymon Sunset back on the board and I am reminded just how really great sounding the Sunset is. I missed the warm mid range of the Sunset and switching back to KOT with it's more natural tone shape left me feeling a bit lacking.

Hmmm, not sure about this.

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I took the afternoon off to spend some more time playing a bit louder than when the family is in and put the Strymon Sunset back on the board and I am reminded just how really great sounding the Sunset is. I missed the warm mid range of the Sunset and switching back to KOT with it's more natural tone shape left me feeling a bit lacking.

At least the Strymon is cheaper shame one can't use that favourite port to be switched by a ES 5/8 looper or similar. I've been tempted for both :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1624

If you know you know. 

Whatever works best for you is the one. I did this recently with a Plimsoul. I wanted to love it but my existing pedals more.
  • I took the afternoon off to spend some more time playing a bit louder than when the family is in and put the Strymon Sunset back on the board and I am reminded just how really great sounding the Sunset is. I missed the warm mid range of the Sunset and switching back to KOT with it's more natural tone shape left me feeling a bit lacking.

At least the Strymon is cheaper shame one can't use that favourite port to be switched by a ES 5/8 looper or similar. I've been tempted for both :(
    You can use the favourite port with an ES-8, just use a TRS cable and set the port to switch with assign or in the patch - unless I misunderstood what you were saying
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Congrats on the NPD and at what seems a very fair price given what some stompboxes cost these days, might just have to join the list....

I just recently acquired a PoT clone from a local here as part of an a exercise to try different favours of overdrive without spending a bomb and I have to say that it really does it for me. Using it for low drive the tone really does shine through without an annoying mid range boost or loss of low end. Best thing I have tried for my needs. I havent tried boosting it yet, I have a Dingo Tone clean boost, so that is something to look forward to. 
    I got something similar too, who made yours? 
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    Don't believe the hype :wink: 

I got one for roughly the going used rate a little while ago and was totally underwhelmed. The Yellow side was ok but with either these used prices or an 18 month wait... dunno what the big deal is. But I'm certainly glad a lot of people do so I was able to get my money back! smile   

Didn't work out for me but there is a lot of love for it though, so it's always worth a punt. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited October 2017
    I had a high gain red one and found it to be a very bland pedal. Not deserving of the hype for me. Plus, the lettering is so poor you can't read it in stage lighting conditions.

Ive had similar feelings about al of the AM pedals I've tried...the Beano boost for example I found remarkably characterless compared to some TBs. 

on the the other hand, Marc Ford makes his sound amazing...and you can usually sell AM stuff pretty easily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scovell001scovell001 Frets: 60
    edited October 2017
    comment deleted
    Sold the KOT. It's not for me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom