Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NPD...Analog.Man KOT is here

What's Hot

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3991
    It would be interesting to know who is the current King of Tone at any given moment, on the basis that the title of King of Tone always resides with whoever most recently purchased a King of Tone, be it used or new.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    peteri said:
    Also to be fair it depends on the options. 

For example i got one earlier in the year -

higher gain both sides
    white case
    buffer
    four jack sockets (for looper pedals)
    external switch for the right hand gain
    spare back

made it a lot more than £230!

didnt mind because I wanted all the options so I could keep it forever. 
    Yep, that's the kinda spec Ive been looking for in one.... especially the four jack sockets
    Me to. That's why it's gonna be an expensive pedal for me :( Biggish footprint too which is making lean towards the new Angry Driver. Could be just as versatile :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    prlgmnr said:
    It would be interesting to know who is the current King of Tone at any given moment, on the basis that the title of King of Tone always resides with whoever most recently purchased a King of Tone, be it used or new.
    It's me, I am the King of Tone. Serial Number 11955. Anyone claiming my crown needs to post pic of later serial number!

edited October 2017
    I may change my signature: "The King of Tone who doesn't like stew"

but hang on, my current sig (The Killers lyric) is quite appropriate:

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5054
    edited October 2017

I’m on the list, but no idea where.   You can’t lose out really for £230, it’s either as good as many people say (win) or you can sell it and get your money back (win).  
    Just why do sellers feel the need to ask for £400 plus for them though? Bit greedy? I'd be happy just to get my money back for it
    Some sellers will have bought theirs used for £400 and will just be trying to get their money back.

(Watch this space!) 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30930
    edited October 2017
    People expect KOT's to be some magical mythical tonal panacea.

They're not. What they are is reliable, usable, musical and clear, with loads of usable sweep in the pots, loads of tone retained, low gain is its thing

Where a KOT becomes a magical thing is when you run a treble booster into it. It then becomes a sonic marvel.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Gassage said:

They're not. What they are is reliable, usable, musical and clear, with loads of usable sweep in the pots, loads of tone retained, low gain is its thing

Where a KOT becomes a magical thing is when you run a treble booster into it. It then becomes a sonic marvel.
    Completely agree! Couldn't live without my KOT and it indeed is a sonic marvel with a booster into it!

Analog Mike also puts KOT's on ebay every few months to keep the prices down as well, he's a legend! Never sold out and tries to keep the price as low as possible for the people, although some oddly still buy and sell them on for profit... Don't know why you'd want to sell one though!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    As much as I like the K-O-T  -- I bet I can match whatever tone with my collection of  gear!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I for one am jealous - enough to put myself on the waiting list. Happy NPD Randall 
    Thanks mate

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Gassage said:

Don't get me wrong, they are a good pedal at low volume levels but my experience from rehearsals and gigs is they they absolutely come alive at higher volume. Just epic. Some self fulfilling mind babble or just cork sniffery? Possibly.... But it was that good I was marvelling at the sound and utterly lost my place in several songs...
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    57Deluxe said:
    As much as I like the K-O-T  -- I bet I can match whatever tone with my collection of  gear!
    Maybe, but you need to try one to be sure.

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I should really try one before my name comes up on the list. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I 'was' on the list & my name came up about a year ago but I never went ahead. I talked to Adrian (Thorpy) in detail about it (he has one) he said it sounded thin & uninspiring. Based on the fact that I believe what he's talking about, I passed on it.

I have his Peacekeeper which is 'frickin awesome' but it seems to like eating batteries ! The other pedal I've found which is as good as I've heard for low volume 'OD in a pedal stuff' is the Lazy J Cruiser Deuce.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    I didn't really get low gainers but the Peacekeeper is just fantastic :)
    I 'was' on the list & my name came up about a year ago but I never went ahead. I talked to Adrian (Thorpy) in detail about it (he has one) he said it sounded thin & uninspiring. Based on the fact that I believe what he's talking about, I passed on it.

I have his Peacekeeper which is 'frickin awesome' but it seems to like eating batteries ! The other pedal I've found which is as good as I've heard for low volume 'OD in a pedal stuff' is the Lazy J Cruiser Deuce.

That's not my experience so far. It doesn't add a big mid-range push that's for sure it just adds grit to your core amp tone without the stuffy compressed feel of the Tubescreamer. Maybe some would call that thin sounding.

• Congrats on the pedal Buddy.   Same colour as my POT.  Might have to slide round and give yours a listen.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • FloofFloof Frets: 17
    iirc the duty is on;y so low because they under-declare the value on the paperwork (if you look it's probably down as $50...) 
  • Congrats on the NPD and at what seems a very fair price given what some stompboxes cost these days, might just have to join the list....

I just recently acquired a PoT clone from a local here as part of an a exercise to try different favours of overdrive without spending a bomb and I have to say that it really does it for me. Using it for low drive the tone really does shine through without an annoying mid range boost or loss of low end. Best thing I have tried for my needs. I havent tried boosting it yet, I have a Dingo Tone clean boost, so that is something to look forward to. 
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    edited October 2017
    I tried setting both sides to OD last night rather that Boost/OD and that's where it is for me. Yellow side a light clip with the Strat and then have the red side feed into it with a chunk more gain and bit of a volume lift. Sounded good.