thoughts on the most musical sounding vintage style Wah please

What's Hot

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    so I have an RMC 10 coming whilst i try out the Xotic, then i can compare and contrast, or in the FB vernacular A/B them..thanks for all the input though very helpful and knowledgable bunch on here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Good choice! :)
    @simonk I just do what you tell me know, as we all should:)   a font of knowledge young sir
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    mgaw said:
    so I have an RMC 10 coming whilst i try out the Xotic, then i can compare and contrast, or in the FB vernacular A/B them..thanks for all the input though very helpful and knowledgable bunch on here!
    I have the RMC 10 also, and it's a quality pedal because of it's EQ options, I love it, but the "base" or "flat" sound it's based on is not quite as vintage as the RMC1 - so even with the tuning options the RMC10 gives you, I'd say for the description of the poster the RMC1 is probably better and will meet the needs right out the box.
    mgaw said:
    @simonk I just do what you tell me know, as we all should:)   a font of knowledge young sir
    Very kind but totally misguided I’m afraid. I’ve just spent far too much money on far too many wahs... I paid full price for a Vertex :angry: 
    its the fact that you are insane enough to spend £350 on a vertex wah that qualifies you.  without lunatics such as yourself leading the way, more of us would burn through huge amounts on the latest gizmo:)
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3048
    darcym said:
    mgaw said:
    I have the RMC 10 also, and it's a quality pedal because of it's EQ options, I love it, but the "base" or "flat" sound it's based on is not quite as vintage as the RMC1 - so even with the tuning options the RMC10 gives you, I'd say for the description of the poster the RMC1 is probably better and will meet the needs right out the box.

I didn't realise the RMC10 gives you tuning options - are they inside? I don't recall reading about them before?

R.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    @mgaw ; Really interested to hear your thoughts on RMC10 vs. Xotic. Please post them here!
    darcym said:
    mgaw said:

I didn't realise the RMC10 gives you tuning options - are they inside? I don't recall reading about them before?

R.
    New one on me if there is.
    @lebarque will do
    Sorry - RMC8 - not 10, my fault, 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    The BBE (vertex!) is tonally a much nicer vintage wah than the budda. Have a/b’d both. 
  • Another late vote for the early Budda Bud Wahs. They sound fat and chunky and a little gritty like vintage wahs without the unbearably searing top end of new Cry Babies etc. 
    I felt the original budda was more in line with something like the Cantrell Wah from Dunlop - it really thrived with the mid->heavier gain sound rather than the cleaner end of the sounds. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited October 2017
    Just been on a Wah fest myself in past 3 weeks and I have concluded that it is the Wah operator that is the key to a good Wah sound. A lot of demos are just awful noise no matter the model.

I watched the TPS on Wah and was struck that the Handwired Vox 846 didn't sound as sweet as the 847A, and then some googling heard many users bemoaning the 847A against the earlier 847 non bypass Batt only model. Then guys on here moaning about that model too... So I have gone Hot Spice from Caline and with my TOP CashBack (!) only paid £41 for it...

This way I get a Wah to demo in my lessons/record with and still have dosh available if someone convinces me that XYZ model is the ultimate Wah.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Can anyone say if any of these mentioned work equally with clean and overdrive sound? Just not found one that does both well (think funky, Hendrixy on clean and edgy sounds and the Thin Lizzy boys on overdriven sounds).
    Kebabkid said:
    Can anyone say if any of these mentioned work equally with clean and overdrive sound? Just not found one that does both well (think funky, Hendrixy on clean and edgy sounds and the Thin Lizzy boys on overdriven sounds).
    Yeah, I think the RMC 10 is great for clean and dirty sounds. CryBaby Classic is another great all rounder.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Thanks simonk.