Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

TWEED!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    edited October 2017
    just to throw another tweed amp in the mix 

victoria vicky verb. champ with reverb. can go from 5w to 10w with half power. 6v6, el4 or 6l6 no need to rebias. Same size cab as the 5112 or deluxe and this has reverb! i'm so tempted!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Jesse Hoff replied to the Facebook comments.  He has made a 5W amp (sort of a tweaked Champ) with a 10" speaker.  It's not listed on his website as yet, but I think he basically said he would make you one if you get in contact.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    crunchman said:
    Jesse Hoff replied to the Facebook comments.  He has made a 5W amp (sort of a tweaked Champ) with a 10" speaker.  It's not listed on his website as yet, but I think he basically said he would make you one if you get in contact.
    Oh lawdy. 

Who needs 2 kidneys, anyway?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3868
    I seem to recall a 10 watt Lazy J being played at the Kempton guitar show last year. What happened to that one, @crunchman ?!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Lebarque said:
    I seem to recall a 10 watt Lazy J being played at the Kempton guitar show last year. What happened to that one, @crunchman ?!
    Don't know about that one.  I wonder if Jesse will be taking the new one this year.  I won't be able to get there as I am playing in church this Sunday.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    If budget is an issue I bought a used fender champion 600 and bought a kit with a 5E1 switch and a master volume and then stripped the tolex, butchered the cab and covered in tweed and changed the grillcloth.  Looks close enough to a reissue champ and cost was below £250, although slightly more spent in total as I paid a pro to fit the kit.  Sounds great with the kit too, for home use anyway.
    munckee said:
    If budget is an issue I bought a used fender champion 600 and bought a kit with a 5E1 switch and a master volume and then stripped the tolex, butchered the cab and covered in tweed and changed the grillcloth.  Looks close enough to a reissue champ and cost was below £250, although slightly more spent in total as I paid a pro to fit the kit.  Sounds great with the kit too, for home use anyway.
    Impressive bit of DIY but I fear beyond my well-meaning but hamfisted amateurism...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    JerkMoans said:
    munckee said:
    Impressive bit of DIY but I fear beyond my well-meaning but hamfisted amateurism...

Covering with tweed and changing grill cloth was surprisingly easy, my first go at both.  My dad cut the cab and made a new baffle for me as I am only 42!
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2198
    I would love to get hold of a 20112 or double deluxe, ... don't seem to come up used much.  Had a 1x15 victorilux but didn't bond
  • There's a Vicky double deluxe on eBay at the mo. 
    daddyash said:
    There's a Vicky double deluxe on eBay at the mo. 

Saw that...  You tempted?  Or holding out for a Lazy J?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited October 2017
    I’m surprised that fully loaded mint Lazy J40  on Gumtree hasn’t sold
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/lazy-j40-guitar-amplifier/1269450649
    it’s got the Tayden ( a big plus ) and  it’s been on a while,  
    so maybe the seller might be open to offers.
    ( no connection to the selller btw) 

I play through a J40 at home, using a Cali76 to attenuate it a little.  This amp can give  beautiful tone at quite modest volumes too, so I would challenge  the assumption  that it’s inevitably loud.
  • Hi mark
    How's it going? hope you are enjoying the Flynn. 
    Yes still holding out for either a gartone or a lazy j20. 
    The j40 looks nice but I think it would've too loud for me and a bit rich for me too!!
    tim

I’m surprised that fully loaded mint Lazy J40  on Gumtree hasn’t sold
    It's beautiful, but a whole ton of amp - and cash - unless you *really* want it. Crom knows I was tempted, before reality - both guitar wise and financial - bit.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited October 2017
    daddyash said:
    Hi mark
    How's it going? hope you are enjoying the Flynn. 
    Yes still holding out for either a gartone or a lazy j20. 
    The j40 looks nice but I think it would've too loud for me and a bit rich for me too!!
    tim

Just been playing the crap outta it grin

after mucking about with your your rig  I flipped my Reverb and trem pedals and got a Flint for the all in one package. Running that and a Crowther Hotcake through the Flynn and love love loving it!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Brilliant, glad you pleased with it. Good choice with the flint. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    You really don't need to spend that type of money to get a great sounding amp.  Although repetition from another thread, the Laney VC30 (now stupidly discontinued) are great amps that come in 1x12, 2x10 and 2x12 flavours.  The Laney Lionhearts are excellent amps too.  The VC30's (Class A, all-valve - yes I know technically the Class A description isn't 100% correct, but that's how Laney describes them) have wonderful glassy cleans and work brilliantly with pedals. 

I really don't understand why, but I think Laney's have to be one of the most under-rated amp manufacturer's around - and if you buy new and register on-line you get a 5yr extended warranty. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)