Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Films with ludicrous holes in the plot

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24487
I just watched Die Hard 2 and although I've seen it before, I must have been pissed or something.  It's got more holes in the plot than a golf course infested with moles.  A handful of the bigger ones; When the terrorists shut down the runway lights, all the planes had to do was fly to a different airport !  Yet the manager makes sure he keeps lots of planes circling his hijacked airport.  The 'resetting the glideslope' is bollocks as the planes do have their own altimeters.  When the baddies start their flight to freedom in the 747, the Air Force could have just shot them down at any point in their flight with no fuss at all !

What other fillums have left you going "Er.... hang on....  !" ?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
Offset:"A little heavy on the hyperbole"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I get stuck behind buses every day. Do they fuck go 50mph

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Back to the Future 3- there's now two Deloreans when Marty arrives in 1885, or rather there should be.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27322
    Garthy said:
    Back to the Future 3- there's now two Deloreans when Marty arrives in 1885, or rather there should be.
    Yes, but they have to leave the one in the mine so that it's still there for Marty to get it in 1955. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9759
    Shawshank Redemption - surely Andy Dufresne would have just ended up in the cell next to his own...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    HAL900 0 said:
    Shawshank Redemption - surely Andy Dufresne would have just ended up in the cell next to his own...
    He was on the end of the row. There are a few scenes where they show this, especially the one when the warden visits - 'salvation lies within'. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I suspend my critical faculties when I watch something which isn't real. So much TV and film entertainment has obvious flaws, where do you stop?

I was watching Limitless and Suburra on Netflix, and I noticed something which is probably in the majority of police/criminal type shows - when the cop cars show up, not one of them notices the crim's car being driven away at high speed about 50 metres away.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72740
    Fuengi said:
    HAL900 0 said:
    He was on the end of the row. There are a few scenes where they show this, especially the one when the warden visits - 'salvation lies within'. 
    But how did he stick Raquel Welch back to the wall, when he left?

And why doesn't Captain Hadley get any older in 20 years?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6203
    Prometheus, more like a colander than a film.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I like sci fi a lot, and it's rare to see a film without gaping plot holes to be honest. I prefer to just 'go with the flow' and not overanalyse, this makes films more enjoyable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Dumbo .... have you ever seen an elephant fly?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5190
    Mary Poppins......The Dick Van Dyke Character clearly has never even been to London  B)
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    The Titanic. Everyone knows it was unsinkable.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30988
    Where Eagles Dare.

Where the Germans inexplicably had invented the Bell Helicopter 8 years before the yanks did.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gun scenes/fire fights in films, hundreds of rounds fired never once changing a magazine. Later films have got better. Characters being shot with high velocity weapons and not losing an arm etc. You just have to suspend reality.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Gassage said:
    Where Eagles Dare.

Where the Germans inexplicably had invented the Bell Helicopter 8 years before the yanks did.

Ah yes, but to be fair, the German fighters they destroy at the airfield are American Harvard trainers. 

War films are guaranteed to get me riled at the number of dodgy replacements for actual planes/ tanks/ weapons!
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Oh, and a PSA! 

Nazi helicopters.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12450
    Lord of the rings, why didn't gandalf just fly on the eagle to the volcano in the first film and chuck the ring in, job done.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30988
    Thunderball opening-where the bad guy is so intimidated by Bond's DB5 he pre-empts the water cannon and falls over just at the fear of the thing.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• How do Gremlins know it's midnight where they are? How does the clock change affect them? If a Gremlin goes on an international flight are they allowed snacks- or does that risk them knowing its 00:01 in that geographical location?

In Batman Begins they use a microwave mcguffin to vaporise all the water in Gotham... aren't humans 70% water?  :#
  • I watched the Matrix last week. How does Neo manage to fire hundreds of rounds from a mini gun into a small room, killing all the bad guys in there, leaving morpheus sitting on a chair in the center of the room without a scratch on him?  Bit silly in places, but interesting fillum.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom