Am I being unreasonable?

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72383
    viz said:
    That's unbelievable.
    Sounds more like dishonesty to me. Claiming he hasn't had the guitar back so won't refund...

Hopefully Paypal will treat the signed-for delivery as proof and refund you whether he likes it or not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Adam_MD said:
    mike_l;21001" said:
    pitchforks and Vims trusty hatchet at the ready...
    I'll get my delay pedal :D
    Why, you can't stab him with a delay pedal...........
    :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    But you can brain him with it again and again and again.......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    how about a message from 500+ ebay account holders saying "stop being an arse and pay up" ?

;)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jmasterjmaster Frets: 19
    Paul_C said:
    how about a message from 500+ ebay account holders saying "stop being an arse and pay up" ?

;)

I'm in.
    "have a good time, all the time" Spinal Tap
  • Making progress. He's 'located' the person who signed for guitar and will hopefully obtain it tomorrow. Said he will refund as soon as he has checked it over. Am now holding breath. Lol.

• I do like the support on here. It's made me chase the refund and take no crappy excuses. It's like he wronged all of us. :) thanks all. Will keep fingers crossed for tomorrow.

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    Found the person who signed for it with his name and signature?? From a business that he runs from home, or from his shop? Tscha.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    edited August 2013
    REFUND RECEIVED!
    Full refund. Also got the postage I paid to receive the guitar. Sadly didn't get the 17 quid it cost me to return it, but I might take this as a win and put it behind me now. 

Avoid.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28346
    He ought to be paying the return postage, dagnammit! Have you left feedback yet? If not you still have a bargaining chip...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    edited August 2013
    and he's already relisted. 
    This auction began on the 25th! a day before he said he hadn't received it... hahahaha!

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27575
    and he's already relisted
    This auction began on the 25th! a day before he said he hadn't received it... hahahaha!
    Do I smell the beginnings of a forum revenge campaign ??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27575

Are you sure its a 212 model?  Looks very like the 612 to me ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:

Are you sure its a 212 model?  Looks very like the 612 to me ...

:D :D :D

• ebay have completely shut the case now, so it looks like I'm not going to get the return courier costs. Still, lesson learned and I am now walking away dignity intact :)

What an adventure! 

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Glad it all turned out good in the end
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72383
    edited August 2013
    Open a Paypal dispute for the return costs. Don't let him get away with it. It's not very much hassle.

He's clearly been dishonest from start to finish.

And definitely don't leave feedback until all options are exhausted - there's only one sort he deserves but as Sporky says, holding out will give you a small amount of leverage.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Open a Paypal dispute for the return costs. Don't let him get away with it. It's not very much hassle.

Just tried - they won't open or rather reopen a case that has automatically been closed by the refund. Bit of a flaw in the system. Going to ring them and speak to a human tomorrow. 

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Don't let it drop the only way assholes like this learn is when someone doesn't just walk away. Get back all the money you're entitled to so he thinks next time he screws someone.
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    edited August 2013
    At the moment he hasn't lost out at all, so if you can summon up the enthusiasm and pursue it, it might make him think twice in the future if he loses out Although somehow I doubt it.