Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Singers who ruined great bands

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Ro_S said:

Brian Jones, on the other hand, did form the The Rolling Stones and he did get sidelined and kicked out the band, by Mick and Keith.
    They had to get rid of Brian Jones because his drug use was totally out of control. Mick & Keef were together before the Stones (with Jones & Watts) in Blues Incorporated.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The chilli peppers guy puts me off their stuff, just don't like his voice. 
    This.

I hate Anthony Kiedis with the fire of a thousand suns. The rest of the band are perfectly fine but I can't listen to them.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11932
    munckee said:
    For different reasons I don't listen to Led Zep very much as I dont like Robert Plants voice much.
    who from that era would you prefer?

I thought they initially wanted Terry Reid 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited November 2017
    I do wonder if we will be adding The Black Keys to the list at some point. Is Auerbach just too interested in side projects to do more BK stuff?

Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons have had a decent attempt at ruining KISS over the decades.

Some would say that Roger Waters could have done the same with Pink Floyd (although I think the stuff post-Waters is awesome).

Also Papa Emeritus II
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72432
    quarky said:

Some would say that Roger Waters could have done the same with Pink Floyd (although I think the stuff post-Waters is awesome).
    Whereas I would say that Floyd were definitely a band that were more than the sum of their parts, and that of the parts, Waters' post-Floyd output was far better than Floyd-without-Waters, which I find very dull.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22970
    quarky said:
    Also Papa Emeritus II
    I lose track of all the Papa Emerituses (Emeriti?)
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Philly_Q said:
    quarky said:
    Also Papa Emeritus II
    He was lead singer on Infestissumam. A much weaker album than Papa Emeritus III managed with Meliora!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22970
    quarky said:
    Philly_Q said:
    quarky said:
    Also Papa Emeritus II
    He was lead singer on Infestissumam. A much weaker album than Papa Emeritus III managed with Meliora!
    Ah, I'm not sure I bought Meliora....  probably because I was underwhelmed by Infestissumam.
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    edited November 2017
    Joe Strummer - he knackered the Clash by sacking Mick Jones.

At a different angle.....Freddie Mercury obviously didn't help Queen by kicking the bucket....but George Michael singing Somebody to Love at the tribute gig was a revelation, and would have been a perfect replacement.

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum