No front number plate...??

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Along with the private plate, I’ve seen loads of people that have dash-cams. I’ve haven’t got one and I’m getting worried I might be losing street-cred.

Please advise.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28374
    Dash cams are, I'd say, a slight overreaction to the culture of fear spread by the media about traffic scams.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:
    Dash cams are, I'd say, a slight overreaction to the culture of fear spread by the media about traffic scams.
    Having just bought a new car, and having had my car dinged whilst parked before and been run into a couple of times, I've just bought my first dash cam. It's cheaper than my insurance excess.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3495
    I went through a two year battle with my inaurance after a dick wrote my Saab off in a supermarket car park then denied it, I won in the end but a dash cam would have instantly cleared it up.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    This and also how are bikers getting away with tiny teeny show plates?? I am not complaining - I want one for mine also but don't want a fine!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Please advise.

Dash cams have a very useful function which I doubt anyone else has thought of. Private registration spotting. At the end of a long drive, spotters could download the footage of the journey from their dashcam onto their laptops to see if there are any really good 'spots' they may have missed during the journey. This could create a whole new hobby with participants recording their numbers in little books and then comparing them at 'meets' up and down the country. They could call themselves the 'Private Registration Identifier Club, or PRIC.   
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom