Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your FX Purchase Of The Year!

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    No.2 - Fender Johnny Marr Jag - full of melody

What's that colour called? Looks bloody great - need a strat finished like that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pedal strategy moves on... 

A few years ago I had a board with two Klons (they stack magically, RM Voodoo Vibe and much else - vast acreage, lovely sounds but a bit daft really. 

This is led to an obsession with a tiny board filled with tiny pedals - Mooer,  Juan solo etc - very pleasing and acceptable sounds for gigging. 

This is Year has been the year of Analog Alien - this New York based company make the most amazing sounds and I’ve ended up disposing of (most of) the tinies to end up with.... 

https://i.imgur.com/nWcQAG8.jpg
  • Bought a Strymon “El Capistan” from someone on here. I love it.
    I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28392
    I bought a Helix in 2016 so didn't buy any effects in 2017.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited December 2017
    TTBZ said:

What's that colour called? Looks bloody great - need a strat finished like that!
    Sofa burgandy.

A few years ago I had a board with two Klons (they stack magically, RM Voodoo Vibe and much else - vast acreage, lovely sounds but a bit daft really. 

This is led to an obsession with a tiny board filled with tiny pedals - Mooer,  Juan solo etc - very pleasing and acceptable sounds for gigging. 

This is Year has been the year of Analog Alien - this New York based company make the most amazing sounds and I’ve ended up disposing of (most of) the tinies to end up with.... 

I always fancied the Rumble Seat... how do you find it mate ?
  • AX8 by a country mile
  • Dunlop Clyde McCoy wah pedal.  The, "it's sort of what I want from a wah, but it's not quite; is it me?" days are over, they nailed it. Happy days :)

I don't even use it a lot.  But I love that thing where I want to stand on a wah and it sounds, right :)

Clean, Jimi, distorted, no matter, it's done and I'll spend the next 20 years learning how to use it and I'll enjoy every minute :)
  • Oh man, another year of buying and selling, which I love !!

My 'awards'... forgive the non-pedal inclusion

No.1 - Fryette Power Station 2 - literally, changed everything

No.2 - Fender Johnny Marr Jag - full of melody

No.3 - Helix - stunning versatility

No.4 - RYRA - adds a little bit more to every amp

I want that jag... 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    AX8, no question at all. A day with it, and the Helix was sold - feels like a very different and more powerful beast. Love it!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    A late contender but it’s the Hamstead Odyssey. 
  • kurtrowe2000kurtrowe2000 Frets: 23
    edited January 2018
    Mine was a boxed EHX Cathedral for £90. Total bargain. Didn’t have a power supply but as I have a Fuel Tank it didn’t cause me problems. 

My amps are both Marshall. DSL401 and DSL1C. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27108
    Sporky said:
    I bought a Helix in 2016 so didn't buy any effects in 2017.
    Pfft! I bought a Helix in 2017 which led me to buying more pedals in 2017 than any other year ever :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited January 2018
    I've bought 1 effect in 10 years and... I sort of like it and hate it... Hate it because it's used/is a Morley Wah that need's WD40/is squeaky - and I feel when it's on by pass; takes from my guitar to amp direct tone rather than boost or remain idle.
    I have thought about a Seymour Duncan pickup booster (and I just happen to use their pickups in my everyday play)...
    But videos I've seen on YouTube aren't exactly showing me with any humbuckers

So I'm not even sold on that even though I feel I need it.

My tone is perfect, guitar to amp; start adding effects and then it's like, plot my money carefully or bitch about my rig.
    So... 
    Until I figure it out, my used Morley PDW (that I got from Regent Sounds and was one of the 6 employee's pedals)..
    'looks like this'

Is my FX Purchase of the Year.

Reason...
    I borrowed/used/liked a Morley Wah that looked like this but had less features than this. - and was the only dedicated Wah I knew. 
  • I don't know if this counts as an FX purchase, but Oeksound's Soothe plugin is the closest thing to a magic bullet I've found in the studio.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    My number one FX purchase this year was the PCB I used to DIY a Bearfoot/BJFE HoneyBee.

Basically the low-to-medium gain pedal of my dreams. If I could have a slightly more versatile EQ in addition to the nature control, even better, but the gain structure, and the responsiveness to pick attack and playing style is just amazing.

• If it's not too late to enter this I'll go for EHX Canyon. Bought in June and I haven't really scratched the surface of what it can do. 

I always fancied the Rumble Seat... how do you find it mate ?
    Sorry Waz old chap - didn’t see this question. I love the Rumble Seat but it’s a fairly odd combination - nice but very simple delay, good one knob Reverb and a VERY fine and aggressive Marshall sim! James Burton has two on his pedal board - which must mean something! Very quiet with the right power supply.