Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What were you doing on January 2 1978?

What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Probably playing bass in a punk band on a Monday evening, four of us plugged into a 100w Sound City half stack! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
    Let me see.... ‘78?...  that would have made me fourteen, so probably smoking a pack of ten and ripping the head off it all day to my giant collection of gentleman’s literature.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited December 2017
    I would probably have been out and about riding my FS1E in the snow - having been really pleased to be mobile since I bought my moped on my 16th birthday in October '77.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    I was 3 and must have been too young as I wasn't allowed to watch Star Wars as I was too little.  I did catch every single blakes 7 episode in the repeats, plus every doctor who episode in the quality period from Pertwee to Davidson (that'll throw the cat among the pigeons! : )
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    19 year old me was probably still recovering from a NYE gig on one of the American bases. I'd probably have got up in time for tea but was never a Blakes 7 fan. Besides Mum and Dad decided what was watched on the family TV in those days.
  • I was at the Match, watching United getting beat 2-1 by Birmingham. In the evening when these programmes were on I'd have been sulking....
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Blakes Seven.
    I would have been out most of the day riding my metallic silver Chopper that I had for Christmas.
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

At first Blake looks like he's giving us the finger.

I was a Sagan guy.  But I'm sure I saw both programmes somehow, so there must have been a repeat...

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited December 2017
    round the girlfriend's giving her a right what's for....did that for most of 1978 and 79

Consequently I never got on the Blake's Seven bandwagon...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I guess I was at home trying to fix an 11 year old BSA so that I could get back to Uni on it. When I wasn't actually studying I had to spend most of my time fixing up an old bike to keep myself mobile. In Jan 78 I'd have been 20.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11303
    Swotting for my mock O Levels. Bloody hell, that's a long time ago.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    11 months old, so probably pissing myself.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    I was 6 and definitely watched Blakes 7. With the added advantage of being so young my imagination filled in what the set designers hadn't managed to do.

I don't get that many nightmares anymore thankfully.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • Wasn’t even born lol
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8707
    You’ve picked a memorable day. I flew from Seattle, where I’d spent Christmas with a girlfriend, to San Francisco where I was going to play tourist for a few days before flying back to London. 

Settling into my seat I found a 35mm film container lodged at the back. It contained cannabis seeds. Not wanting to be caught in possession I handed it to the stewardess. All she could say was “Gee, I love your accent”.

Seattle was cold. The plane had to be de-iced at Portland, but SF was a gentle 62F at 6pm, with an orange sunset over the Pacific.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    I was in Hikkaduwa in Sri Lanka.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I was nealy 5. I watched Blake's 7 at the end (so a few years later) and found it completely baffling. I was probably playing with my Corgi DB5 redoing Goldfinger or The Italian Job and scoffing Maltesers.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I was home from uni for the Xmas break. Pretty sure I watched that first episode of Blake's 7
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I was sperm
  • edwnedwn Frets: 10
    I was playing my brand new bass that I got for christmas ... Westone Thunder 1-A ... it is still my main bass -- I've never touched the truss rod, never changed the action or the intonation, I give it new strings every decade and I tune it once a year whether it needs it or not ... :-)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom