Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

LED Christmas lights - not very cheery are they?

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24426
    Load of old bollocks.... unless you’ve got kids.  There will be no tree or deccies in chez Emperor_Scroogeulous this year.  Bah humbug!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My wife sorts out the Christmas decorations and we have lights inside and out. As I came home Tuesday night after my wife had spent the day putting the decs up, I looked up and there was a queue of commercial jets lining up in the sky a couple of miles apart preparing to land in our close. “That's odd” I thought, but all became clear as I entered the close and panicked as I thought I was on a major airport runway, but quickly realised that it was our house that was now festooned with enough lights to resemble Heathrows westerly runway. FFS.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    BRISTOL86 said:

Give me a nice warm clear light anyday (cat sold separately)

Old style lights with the pointy flower shaped plastic collars were the bomb however and evoke a massive sense of nostalgia

Looking at that, I’d be having a bit of a sniff around the tree just to make sure.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:

Give me a nice warm clear light anyday (cat sold separately)

Old style lights with the pointy flower shaped plastic collars were the bomb however and evoke a massive sense of nostalgia

Looking at that, I’d be having a bit of a sniff around the tree just to make sure.
    Haha! Luckily he doesn’t do that!!
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I decorate my tree with the pale, flickering souls of the unbelievers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2929
    tFB Trader
  • My wife sorts out the Christmas decorations and we have lights inside and out. As I came home Tuesday night after my wife had spent the day putting the decs up, I looked up and there was a queue of commercial jets lining up in the sky a couple of miles apart preparing to land in our close. “That's odd” I thought, but all became clear as I entered the close and panicked as I thought I was on a major airport runway, but quickly realised that it was our house that was now festooned with enough lights to resemble Heathrows westerly runway. FFS.
    I hope she had a nice pot of stew bubbling on the stove while she was putting up the lights.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    My wife sorts out the Christmas decorations and we have lights inside and out. As I came home Tuesday night after my wife had spent the day putting the decs up, I looked up and there was a queue of commercial jets lining up in the sky a couple of miles apart preparing to land in our close. “That's odd” I thought, but all became clear as I entered the close and panicked as I thought I was on a major airport runway, but quickly realised that it was our house that was now festooned with enough lights to resemble Heathrows westerly runway. FFS.
    I hope she had a nice pot of stew bubbling on the stove while she was putting up the lights.
    Turkey stew, no doubt..
  • randellarandella Frets: 4227
    edited December 2017
    What @ICBM says.  I have two kinds, warm white ones (which look no different from the old filament ones) for the tree which are a little less bright, and cool white ones for outside for a bit of light around the edge of the drive.

Outside being somewhere you couldn't put those old ones.

The crucial thing about both sets is that they work, even having been stuffed in a carrier bag the other 49 weeks of the year.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4227
    The other thing is they seem to have wised up with the control unit thingy - personal taste but I prefer them not flashing.  I bought a new set for outdoors this year (moved house in the summer and now have a hedge and everything!) and they finally default to 'solid on' instead of a random setting somewhere in the middle of 23 different patterns.
    Turkey stew, no doubt..

you bunch of dumplings

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I guess Rocker would prefer an all valve tree with tonewood baubles... Powered by an unobtanium plated power lead 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Rocker said:
    Ah yes @axisus, LEDs are bright, colourful, can flash.... You left out the bit where they can cut the eyes out of your head with glare

Actually we have a TV to watch in our house so we don't spend the evening looking at the Xmas tree.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Myranda said: