Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

LED Christmas lights - not very cheery are they?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Just got a set of LED Edison bulbs for outside. They are definitely warm light and cheery

Is it just me, or does that look like a pub? Looks like there’s a drum kit in there, too, are you having gigs in there? Full marks, if so!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Just got a set of LED Edison bulbs for outside. They are definitely warm light and cheery

Is it just me, or does that look like a pub? Looks like there’s a drum kit in there, too, are you having gigs in there? Full marks, if so!
    Yep. That's a drum kit.

It's not a pub. And no gigs in there as yet. 

However, there's many an occasion a lot of alcohol is consumed in there...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I’d be surprised if it wasn’t.

I’ve had a few gigs in my gaff, but the wife has now placed an executive order banning them. 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    randella said:

Trip to Screwfix in the snow. Toggle fixings. Drilling.  Swearing. Painkillers for the front door episode. Tea. More swearing. 

@randella - it's not real DIY without swearing.  At least that's what I keep telling Our Maud...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4226
    Nitefly said:
    randella said:

Trip to Screwfix in the snow. Toggle fixings. Drilling.  Swearing. Painkillers for the front door episode. Tea. More swearing. 

@randella - it's not real DIY without swearing.  At least that's what I keep telling Our Maud...

@Nitefly - I apologised to Mrs. R. for one particularly fruity outburst whilst I was up a stepladder getting a free lunch and eye-bath with 100-year-old plaster dust, to which the reply was "Why?  You don't normally."

I'm not usually such an oaf, but the old DIY gives me Tourette's and no mistake :)
  • Rocker said:
    Ah yes @axisus, LEDs are bright, colourful, can flash.... You left out the bit where they can cut the eyes out of your head with glare. The only good thing about them is that they work. Probably. 

Unrelated but but in a similar vein, I saw a street hawker selling boxes of Christmas lights on the streets of Dublin today. Sets of 1600. Yes you read it correctly, 1600. All white lights. Why??..

Look for lights that are not bare. Light quality has nothing to do with intensity.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5215917

These are multi coloured, change colour and are somewhat diffused. 

Perhaps you just bought lights without thinking about what you wanted first? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom