Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10911
    Keefy said:
    roberty said:

@keefy I'm sort of cheating with midi and just calling presets, no parameter changes. The tap tempo switch is wired straight into the DD-200 which removes a layer of complexity 
    That's what I ended up doing when I had a multi-fx and a MIDI pedal - just program changes.
    Yeah probably for the best lol. It's always gone wrong when I've tried to get fancy as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    My massive board has served me well for years but as I'm getting older I can see the Kemper / Quad Cortex thing and a much more manageable rig on the distant horizon.
    Problem is the hassle of stripping down a big pedalboard into its components for sale.
    I guess I'll just toss in the garage one day and never see it again until I move house...

The quad cortex can take IRs of pedals somehow. So in theory it would be possible to sample your own rig. I do feel like a bit of a mug wheeling my contraption around sometimes. That double decker looks great tho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MongoosiestMongoosiest Frets: 1
    edited November 2022
    Hello folks, first time posting here (long time TGP'er) and figured I have a board that fits the description!  Already seen some things in the "For Sale" area I'm considering (sigh).

• MongoosiestMongoosiest Frets: 1
    edited November 2022
    Sorry folks - I did do a test image in the test forum bit and it worked, but it's not working here!  You'll just have to believe me that I've stupidly large lovely pedalboard.
    Sorry folks - I did do a test image in the test forum bit and it worked, but it's not working here!  You'll just have to believe me that I've stupidly large lovely pedalboard.
    Welcome! There's some help here on pics posting: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54241/how-to-post-pics-etc#latest

Imgur is the best in my experience. You'll need a direct link to the image itself, not the page, so the link should end with .jpg or whatever
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    Lovely board. How is the Deep Phase working out, had my eye on it for a while?
    Thank you! I liked the Deep Phase but recently decided to switch back to Phase 95. The Deep Phase was definitely unique in the world of MXR phasers and commendable for that. But it didn't sit quite as well in the mix as a Phase 90.

solar said:
    How’s the Space Bender? I generally hate chorus but I quite like the look of that.
    I'm in the same boat as you and love the Space Bender. Does weird chorus sounds super well. Worth noting that I had to turn the internal trim pot right down to bring it back to unity (like all DBA pedals, in my experience)
  • The latest lineup that I'm having fun with. There's a couple of substitutes on the bench sat behind me, but these are good enough until I get more power and a board!

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 267
    abw1989 said:
    After a few months with a full Helix for amps and effects, I've migrated back to a 'real' amp and a pedal board. I've stuck with a Stomp for delays, reverbs and modulation in the amp's FX loop, with two analog drive pedals in front. MC8 controls Stomp patches, amp switching and drives.

What board are you using there please? 
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 643
    @NickB It's a Rockboard QUAD 4.1; I've also got the Rockboard MOD2 patch that slots in the back which helps a great deal with keeping cables in check.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7865
    edited November 2022

Time for another change, this time I'm keeping things sort of simple.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What are these @Paul_C? Looks like an Etch A Sketch

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

They are the fabulous Poly Beebo.

I'm planning to move one or two of them on in the future, but first I need to make an album or two with just them - next up is three Zoias.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2228
    My relatively minimal current setup.

I've been through a bunch of different delays and mod pedals lately and settled on these.  

The DM-2W has seen of some more exotic delays. Just a nice simple delay that always sounds good.

Turns out I also prefer the supro trem to the Spaceman Delta ii, the harmonious monk and the revivaltrem. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2331
    Fishboy7 said:
    My relatively minimal current setup.

I've been through a bunch of different delays and mod pedals lately and settled on these.  

The DM-2W has seen of some more exotic delays. Just a nice simple delay that always sounds good.

Turns out I also prefer the supro trem to the Spaceman Delta ii, the harmonious monk and the revivaltrem. 

That is one tasteful pedal board!
    Looks great @Fishboy7 those supro trems sound really good in the demos

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Right side is my "bass" board, left is guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeroenvanhulsteijnjeroenvanhulsteijn Frets: 67
    edited November 2022
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow, what are, well, most of those pedals? Looks great!
  • jeroenvanhulsteijnjeroenvanhulsteijn Frets: 67
    edited November 2022
    @AntonHunter ;;

Tnx. I made several changes the last 3 years. 

I went from:

to:

And for now I've settled with these:

HBE Lorba Fuzz, based on the Bosstone. Dunno, never heard a bosstone. But it is really nice with good clean up. I've set it medium gain.
    Lovepedal COT red. It is Marshall based I think. Single knob that adjusts bias. Gives you more gain, when turned clockwise.
    I've set it pretty low gain.
    Cusack tap a whirl v1. Crazy tremolo. Many wave patterns and wave forms. I just use one setting though that sounds nice to me. 
    Tubesteader Lightkeeper. Pretty clean tube preamp. Somehow it doesn't work with 12V with me, allthough it says it needs 12V. I run it at 9V. Set to give some more sparkle. Pretty punchy cleans as well. And works like a charm with all the drives/fuzzes I've had this far. It's always on. Don't really use the second footswitch a lot (you can assign boost and/or mid shift), because the HBE and Lovepedal react really well to the volume knob.
    3Degrees Audio Bygones. Wonderfull piece of kit. Can do Demedash like things and a lot more. Add some hiss, crackle, pops, warble, and lots of other stuff. You can save settings as well. Used mono in/stereo out and is always on.
    Neunaber Iconoclast. Very easy to use speaker sim. Used in stereo. I think you can even use different settings for each stereo channel, but didn't dive into the software yet.
    Mission Engineering 529 USB power supply. I have most of the pedals daisychained to the 500mA out. Iconoclast is on the 150mA out. Maybe I'm underpowering a bit, but I didn't encounter any problems so far. And otherwise I just add some more crackle and hiss with the bygones   
    Swissten powerbank. Very powerfull.

I use this board in a very simple way, but if you like you can get into fancier stuff as well with the Bygones and Tap a whirl. The board itself is made of plastic roof molding/siding.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom