Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    edited October 2013

Lots of value options here. The clones are a Handsomerik Madbean EP booster, a Thorpy OCD and a Thorpy BYOC overdrive, Everything apart from the Pitchblack and KaBL was bought from here or the old place. Mooer 90 Orange debuted last night (cheers Not_the_DJ)... still not decided on the revised order/selection so they're not all velcro'd down.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    Jaded said:

How do you find the Love Squeeze compared to something like a Dyna Comp? 
    They're very different. I love the Dynacomp but it is a very obvious compression. Musical, but a very definite character. I was after a much more transparent, subtle compression and the Love Squeeze is superb for that. Very clean and clear and very low noise. I have it always on, first in line and outside of the noise supressor.
    The low noise part of that sentence has piqued my interest even more! Would you say it cut's off quite as much high end as the Dynacomp does? 
  • The Love Squeeze doesn't really affect the tone at all - it's much more like a studio compressor in that regard, especially the way I use it, set very subtly. And it really is exceptionally quiet for a compressor. And it's made in Bolton, too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    The Love Squeeze doesn't really affect the tone at all - it's much more like a studio compressor in that regard, especially the way I use it, set very subtly. And it really is exceptionally quiet for a compressor. And it's made in Bolton, too.
    I think I'll have to try one out, they're not particularly pricey either. Thanks!  :D
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    edited October 2013
    After the rebuild of my main board, I had a small piece of mdf left over and I had the idea to assemble a few of my spare pedals into a portable little travelling board. I've dubbed this 'Son of Pedalboard'.....

In > Out (right > left) -
    Digitech Main Squeeze compressor, MXR GT-OD overdrive, Digitech Screamin' Blues overdrive/distortion, Arion SAD-1 stereo analogue delay. I've added an insert loop between the Screamin' Blues and Arion delay so I can patch in a volume pedal or even use the board 4CM with the delay in the amp's fx loop. The board is powered off of a single 9v wall wart.

It's my drummer mate Chris's 50th birthday jam tomorrow and this little fella will get his first outing.

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited January 2014
    Latest incarnation - having fun with the Mooer delay - klone sometimes swapped out for old faithful Rat2

Seemed like a good idea.....

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Still haven't sussed pics from iPhone :(
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• mr_cheefmr_cheef Frets: 0
    edited October 2013
    First post...

Studio board....

Gig board....

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    citizen68 said:
    Still haven't sussed pics from iPhone :(
    You have to post the link to the file/photo, not the link to the page containing the photo. ;)

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2s7h09h.jpg

mr_cheef said:
    First post...
    Welcome to  theFB   @mr_cheef. :)
  • Cheers @ddlooping
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited October 2013
    Latest version. It's final, it will never change from here :-\"

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    edited October 2013

First post (as Monkeybone anyway, see if anyone can guess who I was on MR...), may as well show off the gigging board as it is so far...

Pre-cable tidies:

And in use at the band's first gig:

So far, tis a Korg Pitchblack+ (off the board at the moment, space issues), Morley Mark Tremonti Wah, Blackstar HT Dual, Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe, Ibanez Flanger, Digitech Whammy, and an Ibanez Digital Delay, all running through a GigRig MIDI14 (nothing MIDI planned as yet, it was just too good a price to ignore, and saves tap-dancing), powered by a GigRig Generator through a GigRig Distributor.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• First post (as Monkeybone anyway, see if anyone can guess who I was on MR...), may as well show off the gigging board as it is so far...

Pre-cable tidies:

And in use at the band's first gig:

So far, tis a Korg Pitchblack+ (off the board at the moment, space issues), Morley Mark Tremonti Wah, Blackstar HT Dual, Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe, Ibanez Flanger, Digitech Whammy, and an Ibanez Digital Delay, all running through a GigRig MIDI14 (nothing MIDI planned as yet, it was just too good a price to ignore, and saves tap-dancing), powered by a GigRig Generator through a GigRig Distributor.

Bumcakes, Photobucket URLs don't seem to work.

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    @Monkeybone: simply paste the link(s) to the actual photo(s), no need for the IMG tags (the page will then need to be reloaded), or use the "Insert Image" button (no reload necessary) ;)

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/OllyHolditch_photos/pb0_zps7a1a2ac2.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/OllyHolditch_photos/pb1_zps9f717c3d.jpg

• ddlooping said:
    @Monkeybone: simply paste the link(s) to the actual photo(s), no need for the IMG tags (the page will then need to be reloaded), or use the "Insert Image" button (no reload necessary) ;)

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/OllyHolditch_photos/pb0_zps7a1a2ac2.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/OllyHolditch_photos/pb1_zps9f717c3d.jpg

Thanks! I should have read up about posting pics before... well, posting pics!

Anyhoo, thems be me pedals! I am considering a few more to fill up the spaces in the GigRig (something boosty to use with my Strat mainly).

• bens87bens87 Frets: 1
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    edited October 2013

Done a couple of deals on the forum recently. New ones in are amt wah, super crunchbox and the m5 which I only use for modulation atm.

Want to move things around a bit as I'm accidently switching the m5 on atm when using the tap tempo on the delay. Want to get a pedaltrain when the gear fund is more flush to have more space to move things around..
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    edited October 2013

Pretty happy with this now... for now. Everything I need and nothing I don't. Left some pretty decent gear off, but this is my gigging setup. DL-8 and EQ are in the loop. Messy wires though!

Korg Picthblack > G-Lab BC-1 > AMT Japanese Girl > Way Huge Green Rhino > Devi Ever Hyperion > EHX Small Stone Nano > Malekko 616 > H&K Tubemeister 36 > Source Audio Progammable EQ > Hardwitre DL-8 > H&K Tubemeister 36 return
  • Latest version. Damn you GAS ;)

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    Nice and simple (and messy)