Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho - what an ass

What's Hot

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    The main issue for me is we look like a completely different team with Pogba and shouldn't have over realiance on one player like that.

Ironically, the same Pogba who many derided as a complete waste of money when he was bought last year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    quarky said:
    The main issue for me is we look like a completely different team with Pogba and shouldn't have over realiance on one player like that.

Ironically, the same Pogba who many derided as a complete waste of money when he was bought last year.
    Plus, surely it's a transitional thing. You don't go from also-rans to world beaters overnight...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    I think he's very clever- pantomime villain persona takes the heat of players, and ups focus on officials
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Jalapeno said:
    I think he's very clever- pantomime villain persona takes the heat of players, and ups focus on officials
    Like I said, the Premier League Neil Warnock :) 
  • jellyroll said:
    quarky said:

Plus, surely it's a transitional thing. You don't go from also-rans to world beaters overnight...
    It's a good point.  I think the team he took over, like the team LVG and Moyes took over were all pretty poor by Man U standards.  He'll need next year as well to get the team his way and we are definitely a club in transition.

City have underachieved over the last few years but I think the team/squad Pep took over had much more quality.  For all the talk of How much City have spent I've got to admit the players you have bought have all been great.  Pep is now getting the best out of them, but in reality league position aside I think we've been a good distance behind for a long time now. 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Pulis is looking for a job
    no, he's looking at his feet 
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • By the standards that he's set at his last 3 clubs (Chelsea x2, Inter and Real), the second season is the one where Mourinho usually wins the title. Improves first season (sometimes wins the title), always wins in his second season and then implodes in his third. It's happened at Real and Chelsea in that order, and you struggle to see what's changed this time round, but you'd be a brave man to bet on United winning the title this year.

His mistrust of Mkhitaryan in particular is bizarre, given how effective he can be in creating space for others to work in. Maybe he can't operate as well when Pogba plays, but the chance was there on Sunday to exploit the space left by De Bruyne and Silva, and definitely Delph at left back.

He's done well in the cups, and the Champions League as well, but you can bet he'll be gone by the end of next season. The squad will be sick of his tactics, the rants about referees and the press will become just as boring as usual and the United board will be looking for someone to bring relative stability, rather than a short burst of success.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11460

His methods don't work long term.  He doesn't bring on young players. 

I also get the impression he creates a climate of fear among the players.  That can work for a while but it doesn't work long term.

While players were afraid of getting on the wrong side of a manager like Ferguson I think the players did genuinely respect them and know that he was looking out for them.  I'm not sure Mourinho has that kind of relationship with them.

@nunogilberto that Paul Whitehouse thing was brilliant.  I used to like that show.  The Didier Peskovic character was quite good as well.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Gotta take you hat off to Pep. He has got the team playing his way, and has clearly brought good players on to be better, and he always appears to be a good mannered gentleman. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    I think Mourinho has got a lot more out of Pogba than Van Gaal ever did.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11314
    Given that almost every manager talks a load of bollocks in interviews then I'm in favour of those who at least talk entertaining bollocks.

There are those who claim that the interviewer knows nothing and talk down to him/her, those who have something to say and say it in response to any question that's asked (very Sir Humphrey, that) and those who are monosyllabic but, we are assured, are riotously funny off-screen.

Given the amount of money spent by the likes of City and Utd it would be shocking were they not where they are at the moment.
  • crunchman said:

His methods don't work long term.  

Thing with Mourinho is it’s all about Mourinho.  That’s why some at United didn’t want him, he is short term gains over long term progression.  

He’s been okay for some of the United youngsters though, he played more teenagers last year than any other club other than Everton last season and has kept faith in Rashford.  
    Minutes played for under 20 year olds United played more than the rest of the top 6 combined, so he’s giving opportunities.
    Also I expect to see Mctominay feature much more over the coming months.  

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I still say United are in a long spell of decline. They won’t win the league or champions league this season and Mourinho will leave as he never hangs around when things go a bit wobbly.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15976
    edited December 2017
    Hmmm, each tae his own, I'm more of a tit man myself
    tae be or not tae be
  • capo4th said:
    I still say United are in a long spell of decline. 

Yeah, you keep saying the same thing mate.  Thanks for the insight ;)   
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Which United are we on about here? Ebbsfleet United, Sutton United, Oxford United? 
  • ronnyb said:
    Which United are we on about here? Ebbsfleet United, Sutton United, Oxford United? 
    Are all their managers called Mourinho as well?
    I would have though the title would have given it away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    capo4th said:
    I still say United are in a long spell of decline. 

Yeah, you keep saying the same thing mate.  Thanks for the insight ;)   
    Happy to help any distraught United fans who are worried about their manager, Lukakus lack of brain cells or Pogbas haircut please just reach out.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I don’t call being thereabouts, being in a long period of decline. I think most clubs/fans would settle for that. Only Celtic and Bayern Munich can count on winning the league every year, afaik..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I wouldn't say that Man U are in a period of decline, it is very unlikely that they will fall off as Liverpool did after their last league win (27 years ago I believe??). However, I'm pretty sure that they won't be the dominant force in the UK that they enjoyed for a very extended period. To be honest, I've enjoyed the glory years and for various reasons I don't find time for football like I used to. I can live with us not winning everything in sight but I DO want a team that doesn't park the bus, and a team that plays with attacking intent win lose of draw. For these reasons I am not a fan of Mourinho. If we played with 10 men behind the ball, snuck a goal in the 95 minute of every match and won the league then I would not be interested in watching that personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom