Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho - what an ass

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    edited December 2017
    Arktik83 said:
    Also as an Arsenal fan I think Mourinho is a pretty mediocre manager.
    I'm sure you'd give anything for your manager to be mediocre
    I personally respect and am thankful for all that Wenger has done for my football club.  Do I think he should still be there?  No.  Would I trade our manager for winning the Europa League and the EFL Cup with a manager who is as negative as Mourinho?  No.

When Mourinho first arrived in England he was a superb manager, took the league by storm, won by the highest points total of any team in Premier League.  When he came back he wasn't as an intimidating figure as he originally was.  

Also, it's all well and good playing young players but actually aiding their development is what makes a good manager.  Not just sticking them out there and letting them flounder.  I draw comparisons to Sterling and Rashford again, Sterling has more goals from fewer appearances this season compared to Rashford.  

To me, "The United Way" was about blooding young players and turning them from capable, skillful youngsters in to world class stars, Giggs, Beckham, Rooney, De Gea etc.  I've not seen that from Mourinho, all I can see is spats, scuffles and tantrums, the only thing that springs to mind with Jose and players at United is him having a massive bust up with Mkhitaryan and him not being played since.  Same with when he had a falling out with Mata at Chelsea and treated him to the same courtesy.

Yes Manchester United are 2nd in the league, in the knock out stages of the CL but their net spend on players was £136m in the last transfer window, City were the only team to better them and the players they have bought (Jesus, Ederson, Silva) have look like better buys than United's with the exception of Matic.  I think United should be challenging City for the title, not limping 11 points behind.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83 said:
    Arktik83 said:
    Also as an Arsenal fan I think Mourinho is a pretty mediocre manager.
    I'm sure you'd give anything for your manager to be mediocre
    I personally respect and am thankful for all that Wenger has done for my football club.  Do I think he should still be there?  No.  Would I trade our manager for winning the Europa League and the EFL Cup with a manager who is as negative as Mourinho?  No.

When Mourinho first arrived in England he was a superb manager, took the league by storm, won by the highest points total of any team in Premier League.  When he came back he wasn't as an intimidating figure as he originally was.  

Also, it's all well and good playing young players but actually aiding their development is what makes a good manager.  Not just sticking them out there and letting them flounder.  I draw comparisons to Sterling and Rashford again, Sterling has more goals from fewer appearances this season compared to Rashford.  

To me, "The United Way" was about blooding young players and turning them from capable, skillful youngsters in to world class stars, Giggs, Beckham, Rooney, De Gea etc.  I've not seen that from Mourinho, all I can see is spats, scuffles and tantrums, the only thing that springs to mind with Jose and players at United is him having a massive bust up with Mkhitaryan and him not being played since.  Same with when he had a falling out with Mata at Chelsea and treated him to the same courtesy.

Yes Manchester United are 2nd in the league, in the knock out stages of the CL but their net spend on players was £136m in the last transfer window, City were the only team to better them and the players they have bought (Jesus, Ederson, Silva) have look like better buys than United's with the exception of Matic.  I think United should be challenging City for the title, not limping 11 points behind.

I don't disagree with a lot of those points except, 'the United way'.  That's history, most of it forgets the pragmatism Fergie did when he needed to as well, as an Arsenal fan you've been on the receiving end of Fergie's tactic to kick the opposition because they are better, and it worked.  Liverpool have shown looking back does no good.  Like it or not Mourhino is the manager, the fans can't change that, we just need to let him get on with it, 3 years minimum and see where it takes us.

Also, as for Rashford vs Stirling, don't forget a) Rashford has been playing out wide a lot and b) Stirling is 3 years older and you would expect him to be getting more consistency now.  Players generally mature 23/24, Pep is obviously helping but the comparison isn't that useful for players in different stages of their development. 

I'm not going to defend Mourhino too much, he is an ass, but if we weren't missing vital players at vital times this season, we wouldn't be 11 points behind.  Pogba, Rojo, Baily, Fallaini, all massively important to Mourhino's plan have been missing significant amounts of time this season.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Can't believe we spent £90m on Lukaku. Wouldn't have been my choice at all. We should have thrown silly money at spurs for Harry Kane a year ago. Levy always sells for the right money and MASSIVE pay rise for HK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Lukkaku at £90 million is a joke! Mourinho plays boring football which mostly gets results but with the money at his disposal should be much more entertaining. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Just got back from the game. Unreal scenes!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Well, I'm a Man U fan but well done Bristol. I'll just have to take that one on the chin. Pretty pissed off to lose but that's football. Didn't see the match so I have no idea how it went. Go all the way Bristol!
  • axisus said:
    Gotta take you hat off to Pep. He has got the team playing his way, and has clearly brought good players on to be better, and he always appears to be a good mannered gentleman. 
    ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2017
    axisus said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Well, I'm a Man U fan but well done Bristol. I'll just have to take that one on the chin. Pretty pissed off to lose but that's football. Didn't see the match so I have no idea how it went. Go all the way Bristol!
    Ah man we were superb. Ignore what Mourinho says (you’re right - he’s an ass). 

Says we were lucky yet in a team that started with Rashford, Zlatan, Pogba and Martial, they didn’t have a single shot on target in the first half. 

Man C over two legs next. Haha, absolutely no chance. To do it over one leg is an almost impossible feat but two is just cruel :lol: 

• Didn’t see the game, but even as a Man U fan I can’t help but like the fact results like this can happen and it’s not always the bigger teams that make it through.  Hopefully this helps us concentrate on the CL, but to be honest I don’t think we will go too far in that either.

Well done Bristol.  Nothing like taking a big scalp in a cup game with a last minute winner!
  • axisus said:
    Gotta take you hat off to Pep. He has got the team playing his way, and has clearly brought good players on to be better, and he always appears to be a good mannered gentleman. 
    ;-)

Joe Hart got a lot worse apparently.  He’s no more a good mannered gentleman than any top football manager.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    axisus said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Says we were lucky yet in a team that started with Rashford, Zlatan, Pogba and Martial, they didn’t have a single shot on target in the first half. 

Man C over two legs next. Haha, absolutely no chance. To do it over one leg is an almost impossible feat but two is just cruel :lol: 
    Lucky my arse. Your Lads outfought my Lads from the first whistle to the last.  End of errand. 

Congratulations Mate, you should be rightly delighted. 

A semi final against the best team I've seen in a decade is really something to savour. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    BRISTOL86 said:
    axisus said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Lucky my arse. Your Lads outfought my Lads from the first whistle to the last.  End of errand. 

A semi final against the best team I've seen in a decade is really something to savour. 
    Thanks mate. It was something special. Shame the away leg is first as it could be 5-0 by the time we get to our place! Impossible task over two legs - one off games of that magnitude are hard enough, but two legs is the impossible. But still something to savour indeed!
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited December 2017
    BRISTOL86 said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    axisus said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Man C over two legs next. Haha, absolutely no chance. To do it over one leg is an almost impossible feat but two is just cruel lol 

Thanks mate. It was something special. Shame the away leg is first as it could be 5-0 by the time we get to our place! Impossible task over two legs - one off games of that magnitude are hard enough, but two legs is the impossible. But still something to savour indeed!
    City will throw the kitchen sink at you, make no mistake. They won't think of you as underdogs, they'll consider you as dangerous. 

Play to your strengths and it'll be much closer than you think, I like what I saw last night. 

Enjoy your trip to Manchester.

The long period of Man Utd decline continues ....
    As you were .....
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm a big Man Utd fan, but I simply could not be mad at that goal

Enjoy :)

It was a clear example of wanting it more