Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho - what an ass

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
OK, I'm a Man U fan. Mourinho is in my eyes the manager of Man u but not a Man U manager. He isn't cut from the right cloth and the sooner he is gone the better as far as I am concerned. Anyway, that's not what I came here to moan about.

OK, we played Man City at the weekend. Massive match, the biggest of the season in terms of relevance. We went out, played a rubbish defensive style at home and LOST! I can live with losing, it happens in sport but Mourinho is just a total embarrassment. For the second match this year he is moaning that the opposition 'celebrated too much'. What a crock of sh*te, they won they get to laugh in our faces. That's sport, you lose and you have to suck it up. I can't stand his pathetic moany whingy attitude to everything, and I can't stand his negative style of football against top clubs. To use a boxing analogy: We want to slug it out, get a bloody nose and may the best one win, not run around the ring not getting hit and then celebrate a draw.

We may never hit the heights again, may never be the dominant force in the prem again, but we should play the right way, the Man U way - attacking football, not percentage football.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So... I'm guessing you're not totally convinced that he's The Special One. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Looking forward to the game next Weds :)

Hopefully we can keep it to single figures!
  • Pulis is looking for a job
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn't he start 4 forwards? Didn't sound that negative to me! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
    i thought UTD had been unusually positive this season given that the large Penis that is Jose is in charge, cant stand the bloke..
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Didn't he start 4 forwards? Didn't sound that negative to me! 
    True

But Martial and Rashford played as wingbacks (with Valencia and Young) and Lingard was a number 10 playing DM

Leaving Lukaku by himself up top

It was a shit game, and he does seem to have lost the plot a bit

HOOOWWWEEVVEERRR OP!  Have you forgotten Moyes and LVG ? Fuck me, dark days.  We are 2nd, good chance of CL quarters!  City are scary good, and they played us off the park.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought the Reds did ok against what is a truly excellent City side..I thought the only chink in their armour was Delph.

We certainly missed Pogba, and I'd suggest the game would have been better/different, as a contest, if he'd been there. I was deeply impressed with Matic, and thought ever City player aside from the aforementioned Delph, worthy of praise. 

No shame whatsoever in losing to this City side, there is a noticeable gulf in quality between us. 

I'm Man U, and was a long time before Fergie arrived, I've seen all this before, We'll get better, and so will everyone else, makes the game more interesting to me. 

I like Mourinho, I just wish he'd learn to shut the fuck up every now and again.

Celebrating too much? 'Kin hell,  does he remember his touchline sprint when manager of Porto, when they knocked us out of the Champions League...I bloody well do. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    He reminds me of Napoleon. 

I like him though. He is a good manager as his record shows. City are just a very, very good side. Mourinho has a controversial side, but that is all part of his style, taking the attention and criticism away from his players. 

Hell, we could finish 2nd this year, to one of the best teams in the world. That is no small achievement..
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27621
    axisus said:
    OK, I'm a Man U fan. Mourinho is in my eyes the manager of Man u but not a Man U manager. He isn't cut from the right cloth and the sooner he is gone the better as far as I am concerned. Anyway, that's not what I came here to moan about.

All the after-match chat has been about the after-match milk-slinging.

I've not seen a lot of analysis about how Man U's title chances are gone, and how Man C are now *the* team in  that city.  

Mourinho has successfully deflected all talk away from the match and how his team  - or any individual player - performed, and made it all about the changing room "bust up".  

Clever way of keeping criticism away from the team - and his professional capabilities.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    TTony said:
    axisus said:

All the after-match chat has been about the after-match milk-slinging.

I've not seen a lot of analysis about how Man U's title chances are gone, and how Man C are now *the* team in  that city.  

Mourinho has successfully deflected all talk away from the match and how his team  - or any individual player - performed, and made it all about the changing room "bust up".  

Clever way of keeping criticism away from the team - and his professional capabilities.
    bingo

He's a professional ass
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I grew up in a Man U supporting family, and lived and died for them at one time. Started losing interest around the time of the premier league breakaway and the champions league. I couldn’t tell you who’s in the team nowadays, and I don’t take much interest in top flight football. 
    I remember him being touted as manager, before.. I don’t see him as a Man U manager. I always thought he was a bit of a dick, tbh..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Hes forgotten how he celebrated when Chelsea beat    Liverpool.
  • Second in the table, Through to the group stages of the Champions league. Won the league cup and the Big vase last year. Managed by one of the most successful managers in the modern game. Must be awful.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It's what I love about Man Utd fans - there's never any love for the manager. I recall the sack Ferguson banners not long after he was appointed and the usual crap about him 'not being a Man Utd' manager. The board stuck with him and look what happened. Too much short-termism in football from sacking managers to preferring to buy players rather than develop and invest in local talent.

For an ass José Mourinho has managed some big clubs and has consistently won league titles and cups. He may say some odd things, but then English isn't his first language.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Do you want David Moyes or Louis Van Gaal back ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm a Gooner but I think he's a very good manager who has produced success wherever he's gone. And I do like his character in interviews and such. I do find he's a bit of a whinger though and needs to shut his gob and just get on with it!
  • I'm a Gooner but I think he's a very good manager who has produced success wherever he's gone. And I do like his character in interviews and such. I do find he's a bit of a whinger though and needs to shut his gob and just get on with it!
    Produced success? Or been spoon fed it with an unlimited budget? Has he ever managed a club where he couldn't buy pretty much whoever he wanted? 

Him vs Dyche... I know who impresses me more.

The true test of managing is when things aren't going well... And two years back he turned Chelski from champs to relegation contenders in the space of a few weeks. Then got sacked. 

As for united. 2nd, European football every season, trophies and top class players flocking to join. Yeah...dark times indeed. Try supporting palace! Perspective please!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Produced success? Or been spoon fed it with an unlimited budget? Has he ever managed a club where he couldn't buy pretty much whoever he wanted? 

Him vs Dyche... I know who impresses me more.

The true test of managing is when things aren't going well... And two years back he turned Chelski from champs to relegation contenders in the space of a few weeks. Then got sacked. 

As for united. 2nd, European football every season, trophies and top class players flocking to join. Yeah...dark times indeed. Try supporting palace! Perspective please!
    He's won trophies wherever he's gone? Won something with each of the 5 clubs he's managed. Apart from Utd he's won the league with every team, that next to the Champions' League is the hardest to win.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Yes - Porto. Success was limited to winning the league a few times, the Taça de Portugal, Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup. Pretty crap really.

He inherited some decent players and managed to buy a few (some were out of contract) but he didn't have some bottomless pit of cash like he had at Chelsea.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    I think he’s a good manager and in Classic Mourinho style, now all this week the talk has been on milk gate, but very little on how poor United were...so pressure off the team