Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How many of you would know or recognise the MP or Lord Mayor for your area ?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited December 2017
    In 2003 fresh out of school and into my first thing ever, Good Friday, 16 years old, 2003.
    I made the 2003 one sing Purple Haze this day.

I was like 14 when I started listening to Purple Haze and I took to Hendrix hard just like Guns N' Roses, that's how hard I took Jimi Hendrix R.I.P - so when the mayor, listening to me playing unplugged that day, pointed to me, said 'get this kid an amplifier! and then he sang 'scuse me while I kiss the sky!'...
    I made the mayor sing Purple Haze... That was cool.
    Then it turned out my Dad knew him too, and when that photo came out, he showed me the mayor's house and they worked together in town hall.
    But that was me doing my own thing that day, was cool. Introduced myself to that shop/Europe's Biggest Used Record Shop (back then)/Beanos (of Croydon) then first thing out of school I did this...
    This was in the Croydon Adverister...
    The same mayor was in another local newspaper the same week at the very school I had just finished and, one of my music teachers was with him too that week, in the Croydon Post; Those photos (plural) were in colour but I still had my fun back then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Tulip Siddiq, niece of the Bangladeshi prime minister and alleged harasser of TV producers. I quite liked her until all that came out...
  • Clash of the Titans - RO_S vs LWAG. Who will write the most complete guff?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27578
    Clash of the Titans - RO_S vs LWAG. Who will write the most complete guff?
    Not a contest that I look forward to watching here.

@Ro_S, @LesbianWithAGun ; - I've deleted various of your comments.  If you want to carry it on, go somewhere else.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Clash of the Titans - RO_S vs LWAG. Who will write the most complete guff?
    And with Sambostar nowhere to be seen, it’s a two-horse race.

• Yes Oliver Letwin is our MP. Know our Mayor quite well, and the last mayor is now a presenter on our radio station. 
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited December 2017
    Lots of Tory MPs in this thread.  My MP is Tory, too (no, never voted for that MP or any Tory for that matter).
    'Curious what that says about the geographic and demographic distribution of Fretboard members.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    Ro_S said:

'Curious what that says about the geographic and demographic distribution of Fretboard members.
    Not a lot, but it might say something about the subset who contribute to this type os discussion
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Ro_S said:
    Lots of Tory MPs in this thread.  My MP is Tory, too (no, never voted for that MP or any Tory for that matter).
    Probably because nearly half of the MPs are a tory? Had this question arisen in 1997 nearly two thirds would have said they had a Labour MP as they won 418 of 650 seats.
  • I'm a Tory in a Labour Strong Hold..
    I live with the proletariat and all my friends are Labour.
    We sit there smoking and drinking Victory Gin...
    It's Hell lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom