How many guitars do you own?

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14722
    It would take less time for you to recite Pi to one million decimal places.  B)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I'm at bit surprised at the large ratio of electrics to acoustics. Some of you don't even have a single acoustic.
    Acoustic has always been my main songwriting tool. Electric's fine for riffs but I've never written a whole song on one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m at 24:3:2

Unfortunately I was aiming for 4:3:3 and my wife keeps reminding me of that fact :)
    "When the train, it left the station, there was two lights on behind,
    Well, the blue light was my baby, and the red light was my mind.”
    Robert Johnson
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72940
    3:2:1

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    ICBM said:
    3:2:1
    Finally, a Ted Rogers!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

9:2:1

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Danny1969 said:
    I'm 2:1:0 

That's a Tokia Strat, an Ibanez Roadstar II and a nylon guitar I use for teaching kids

I have friends with enormous collections though so tend to gig all  kinds of guitars 

:o must admit for someone that gigs a lot and lives off music that shocks me! I'd tend to expect at least a handful of guitars and perhaps some mid priced and upwards amongst 'em! Still, you clearly manage fine and seem to have plenty available to borrow..

This is just me, and my way of thinking about stuff like this - if guitar/music is your passion and possibly your living or part of it then I (that's me) want a few 'nice' tools. Some people spend a fortune on their wheels....I drive an old banger (08 Peugot 207) and as long as it goes and trouble free I couldn't care less.....but guitars are different - I love them so always wanted a Strat (have 3 HSS,HHH,SSS) a LP Trad, JS1000BP, Peavey USA Wolfgang, EVH style red n white stripey partscaster, Red Special replica, PRS Custom 22. Acoustics are a Taylor 314CE and a nylon Yamaha NCX900, and an Ibanez SR summat bass. Music is a great passion of mine as well as how I make a living so naturally these are my worldly treasures. And yes I know...I've not got a Tele...sold 'em...

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Hmmmmm how do I catogorise the Taylor T5
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    3:1:1

PRS Mira, Fender AV65 Jaguar, Fender Mustang Special
    Faith Venus
    Hohner Headless
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    6:1:0

I've got an Audition 7001 although it currently resides under my son's bed and his Squire Stratocaster std in in my rack in its place. Next in order of purchase is a Jackson Dinky PS4, on its second bridge and soon to acquire its third and some DM Evos. It was rebuilt in 2007 in Hampshire and just feels so great in the hands, it has the most amazing neck. A trans green flame top Washburn Mercury was an 18th birthday present, it has a scalloped fretboard but it's subtle not the mad thing associated with Malmsteen strats. An Epiphone LP custom was a Christmas present from my wife.

Then a weird one- searching eBay for a replacement trem for the Jackson and what looks at first glance a copy of a Soloist comes up in the results with no reserve and about 8 hours on the clock. I win it for a little of £100 and I'm blown away when I plug it in, Jesus Christ the noise this thing makes is fantastic. Lastly is JohnA's Washburn Mercury in black sparkle and a maple fret board.

There is a Mistral Classical 'somewhere' in this house that a niece plays. Guitars without jack sockets do nothing for me at all.
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 983
    I'm at 2:2:2.

Frankly, it's the only thing in my life which is finely-honed. 

Although, thinking about it, I could probably lose one of the Precisions and still, somehow, live. 
  • 10.5 (all home builds or renovations, including one baritone and three that @KempGuitars started and I finished)
    2 (Lowden and cheap classic)
    1 (kit build)

I had planned to build an acoustic in 2017 but never started as the project seemed too daunting. Next year. Honest.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10517
    siraxeman said:
    Danny1969 said:
    I'm 2:1:0 

That's a Tokia Strat, an Ibanez Roadstar II and a nylon guitar I use for teaching kids

I have friends with enormous collections though so tend to gig all  kinds of guitars 

:o must admit for someone that gigs a lot and lives off music that shocks me! I'd tend to expect at least a handful of guitars and perhaps some mid priced and upwards amongst 'em! Still, you clearly manage fine and seem to have plenty available to borrow..

This is just me, and my way of thinking about stuff like this - if guitar/music is your passion and possibly your living or part of it then I (that's me) want a few 'nice' tools. Some people spend a fortune on their wheels....I drive an old banger (08 Peugot 207) and as long as it goes and trouble free I couldn't care less.....but guitars are different - I love them so always wanted a Strat (have 3 HSS,HHH,SSS) a LP Trad, JS1000BP, Peavey USA Wolfgang, EVH style red n white stripey partscaster, Red Special replica, PRS Custom 22. Acoustics are a Taylor 314CE and a nylon Yamaha NCX900, and an Ibanez SR summat bass. Music is a great passion of mine as well as how I make a living so naturally these are my worldly treasures. And yes I know...I've not got a Tele...sold 'em...

It's a couple of things really.... those 2 electrics are actually superb guitars, they just don't have big names like Fender \ Gibson on the headstock ... I'm confident I sound the same on the Tokia Strat as I would a USA Fender Custom. Once you get to a certain standard of quality in guitars it's all in the playing really. It's nice to own expensive ones but it's not necessary like it was when I started playing 35 years ago and cheap guitars were awful !

Also as you know when you make a living out of music that money needs to go on paying bills and putting food on the table ... there's no point making 2K one month from gigs and then buying a £1400 guitar

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • 1:5:1, but it may be 0:5:1 in the new year.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72940
    edited December 2017
    Cabicular said:
    Hmmmmm how do I catogorise the Taylor T5
    Electric. It has almost no acoustic volume and even the 'acoustic' sound is done with magnetic pickups.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2015
    4:0:0
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4298
    3:2:0

McInturff Carolina Std
    Rocketfire M1926
    '56 ES175D

Gibson J45 Legend
    Bourgeois D Signature Dread
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    4:6:1
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    edited December 2017
    3.5:0.5:1

One of my electrics is half-built, and my acoustic needs repairs
  • 13:4:5

Fender Electric XII (1965)
     Fender Jaguar (2008 Thin Skin '62 AVRI)
     Fender Jazzmaster (1986 MIJ)
     Fender Jazzmaster (1994 CIJ)
     Fender Jazzmaster (2008 Thin Skin '62 AVRI)
     First Act ME537
     Indie LP
     Kawai S-170
     Peavey JF2 EX
     Rickenbacker 330/6 (1991)
     Rickenbacker 330/12 (1989)
     Vintage VS-6
     Yamaha SGV 800

Indie IHD-30S
     Indie IHJ-20
     Indie IJ-20-12
     Indie ID-400SM

Fender Precision (1974)
     Fender Bass VI
     Fender/Bitsa Jazz Bass
     Rickenbacker 4001 (1973)
     Squier Precision Special
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom