Chorus pedals?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
    crunchman said:
    Has been mentioned above already but the TC Corona Chorus is very good and very versatile with all the toneprints available.
      Totally agree.  I have 3 chorus pedals ( F'ing GAS...), and this is easily my favorite.  Does both standard chorus and multi-chorus, plus the toneprints.

Boss's Super Chorus is cheap, and does the job very well.  Ignore it at your wallet's peril.  I run this into my bass amp, and it works VERY well.

Both of the above are stereo.

I'd still like to get my hands on an MXR Analog Chorus.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    Pyroman said:
      I'd still like to get my hands on an MXR Analog Chorus.
    I had an original one of those which previously belonged to Nick Beggs of Kajagoogoo and was used on Too Shy :).

For some reason the guy I bought it off didn't mention that until *after* the end of the auction!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM;20017" said:
    For some reason the guy I bought it off didn't mention that until *after* the end of the auction!
    You have done it a great kindness, re-homing it after such an abused past....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I once saw a Boss DC-2 in a pawn shop window for £30. Sadly the shop was closed, and when I went back the next day they'd sold it.

Seeing how much they sell for now makes me a sad bunny indeed :(
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I have the MXR Zakk Wylde chorus and dispite hating him, his tone and his playing i think the pedal is bloody remarkable!
    :)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    MattG said:
    I have the MXR Zakk Wylde chorus and dispite hating him, his tone and his playing i think the pedal is bloody remarkable!

I was looking at those, and trying to compare the differences between that and the blue 'Analogue Chrorus'. I've read in a few places that it's exactly the same pedal for those who are put off by the ZW connection.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    MattG said:

I was looking at those, and trying to compare the differences between that and the blue 'Analogue Chrorus'. I've read in a few places that it's exactly the same pedal for those who are put off by the ZW connection.
    Yeah from what ive read they just have different designs on the housing, i got mine before either were imported to the UK and the ZW was $1 more expensive so i went for it just for the cool paint job xD
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28525
    I once saw a Boss DC-2 in a pawn shop window for £30. Sadly the shop was closed, and when I went back the next day they'd sold it.

Seeing how much they sell for now makes me a sad bunny indeed :(
    Though I suspect that most people who have one don't want to sell it for any amount of money.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    edited September 2013
    Grunfeld said:
    Jaded said:

Not sure quite how it would compare... but I've been eyeing one of these up for a little while after missing out on a cheap(-ish) original a while back.
    Well in a little while I'll let you know.  Just taken a punt on one, I'll A/B 'em.

If it is like the Dimension C then happy days!
    The Behringer copy arrived a couple of days ago.  It's different but it's not bad at all. 

I've already recorded an A/B but it's not thorough enough to put up yet.  If you're listening to just one instrument through either pedal then you can hear the difference.  Probably the most noticeable thing is that the Behringer is about EDIT 1dB louder than the Boss.  When I compensate for that then it gets interesting because they sound a lot more similar.

And, if you hear them in a mix I reckon you'll be hard pushed to tell them apart. 

So some time in the next week I'll post a bit of audio, and a vid... see if you can tell which is which!

And hey, for £27!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    Off of the top of my head isn't the Jacques Meistersinger a CE-1 based chorus?
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    Grunfeld said:
    Grunfeld said:
    Jaded said:

Not sure quite how it would compare... but I've been eyeing one of these up for a little while after missing out on a cheap(-ish) original a while back.
    Well in a little while I'll let you know.  Just taken a punt on one, I'll A/B 'em.

If it is like the Dimension C then happy days!
    The Behringer copy arrived a couple of days ago.  It's different but it's not bad at all. 

I've already recorded an A/B but it's not thorough enough to put up yet.  If you're listening to just one instrument through either pedal then you can hear the difference.  Probably the most noticeable thing is that the Behringer is about EDIT 1dB louder than the Boss.  When I compensate for that then it gets interesting because they sound a lot more similar.

And, if you hear them in a mix I reckon you'll be hard pushed to tell them apart. 

So some time in the next week I'll post a bit of audio, and a vid... see if you can tell which is which!

And hey, for £27!
    Looks like I'll be ordering one soon then! I love my Ibanez CCL for keeping all my swirly needs in one box but how can I pass up trying one out for that price...   :D thats my excuse anyway. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    edited September 2013
    Made a little recording comparing the Boss DC-2 Dimension C with the Behringer CC300 Space-C.

Effects are on the clean sounds only.  No effects from 2:41 onwards with the distorted guitars.

:-)
  • I'm amazed, but pleased, no one has mentioned the visual sound h2o v1.5 or v2. Quite simply the most amazing chorus I've heard. Does a good vibrato thing, too, when you crank the speed. Can be sickly or just subtle.

Other than that, MXR micro chorus because, as bucket and icbm have said, it's easy to use and always (no, really) sounds good. I've only ever used a reissue but it sounded great and would suit pretty much every player. I just want that swirly vibrato, too...
  • DLS Chorus Vibe is the best I have come across. Big though.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I was tinkering with the CF-1 at the weekend - I set the trim pots to buffered so the stereo chorus works ... seems churlish not to as it gets fed into the timefactor as stereo signal.

I like the sounds from this but they are a buggar to find ... or were. As well as the rate and depth knobs there's delay, mix, volume, a chorus/flange switch and a wide and narrow switch. I'm still figuring out what some of them do but the delay time seems to be the biggest game-changer, out of the additional knob options.

Seems I don't like big delay times too much. Able to dial in a lot of lovely sounds with delay time set around 8 o'clock.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    Voodoo Labs Chorus - based on CE2
    John Hollis Zombie Chorus - does CE-1 and Small Clone.
    Early Small Clone - with the MN3001 chip in - or a copy there-of.

I think the Voodoo Lab chorus is based on the CE1 rather than CE2. I had the VL one and it certainly didn't sound similar to my CE2.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Excellent cavy interaction there Ol :)

I couldn't tell the difference between the two pedals tell you the truth. That may be the gin talking, or it maybe that I'm more of a Leslie type. Who knows?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    ICBM said:
    I *much* prefer the Micro-Chorus over the Boss ones. It just sounds more natural and has a wider range of useful settings. In fact, *all* its settings are useful, and I'm not being funny just because it only has one knob. There isn't a bad setting on it.

I will stick my neck out and say that I nominated the CE-2 in the 'great pedals you don't get' thread. I can't get a sound I like out of it, it's always too 'sickly' sounding... like having too much chocolate in a pudding or something. Yes, I know it's the classic 80s chorus...

You should try the Keeley modded CE2 then - it's like too much chocolate sauce, and with custard and extra sugar stirred in.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    fretfinder said:
    frankus said:
    Voodoo Labs Chorus - based on CE2
    John Hollis Zombie Chorus - does CE-1 and Small Clone.
    Early Small Clone - with the MN3001 chip in - or a copy there-of.

I think the Voodoo Lab chorus is based on the CE1 rather than CE2. I had the VL one and it certainly didn't sound similar to my CE2.
    Yep, you're right - I did know that (honest) but thanks for pointing it out :)

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?