Fretboard Jam - South Edition

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I'd be interested in coming if commitments allow. 

@McToot the dodgy Crawley pub (The Black Dog) in now a Turkish restaurant so unlikely to be a viable venue!

If other venues come up blank then I might be able to have a chat with a fellow muso about the availability of the studios in the Hawth theatre in Crawley. I know they've run similar type jams there before.
    Might be some belly dancing on there tho... would make for good entertainment :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd be interested in coming if commitments allow. 

@McToot the dodgy Crawley pub (The Black Dog) in now a Turkish restaurant so unlikely to be a viable venue!

If other venues come up blank then I might be able to have a chat with a fellow muso about the availability of the studios in the Hawth theatre in Crawley. I know they've run similar type jams there before.
    Might be some belly dancing on there tho... would make for good entertainment :)
    I think that depends who's belly dancing... If it's me it will definitely put people off their food

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    This is the place that I had thought about.  Looking at the rooms now, I'm not sure they would be big enough...

http://www.audioempire.co.uk/#home

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• McToot said:
    This is the place that I had thought about.  Looking at the rooms now, I'm not sure they would be big enough...

They definitely look big enough...but the prices...ouch! My local rooms are £8/£10 / hour

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    McToot said:

They definitely look big enough...but the prices...ouch! My local rooms are £8/£10 / hour
    It's the sarf-eest innit.

@Kebabkid - should also be dialled into this as he's a seasoned gigger and might be able to add suggestions to the pot. 

What say you Cos?

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    This sounds like fun. I'm in (dates depending!)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    edited January 2018
    @McToot, @Bucket, @Stevepage as I see the other SE gearfesters have been made aware of it like @hubobulous, @dindude @Flanging_Fred @Fez ; @FelineGuitars ;

Hi Jules, and just saw this. 

Our past get togethers in the south have been just a few of us 'nerding over gear' and haven't involved a jam or group playing apart from a once impromptu blast between a few of us on some Suhrs playing Whitesnake's "Still of the night"
    Re:venues, I don't know of anywhere else that we could use although I have used Tweeters in the past and that was ok. Would Pease Pottage not work? The big room could be the performance room and it might be a good idea to get one more room for any practising, trying stuff out. Granted that's a bit disjointed as ideally, you'd want everyone in the same room all the time, but it's decent, off the M23 and well-positioned, has parking and everyone can sort themselves out for food or share (order in pizzas) and the hire of the place is cheap as chips. What you save on hire could go towards accommodation or taxis, if that's what you want to do.

I'm might be up for this if the date suits and would be able to bring a guitar and bass rig.

I'll ask around to see if there's anywhere else. Oh, and I've seen people are up for playing bass but any drummers?

Cheers

• solarsolar Frets: 174
    I'm in (if I'm free!)
    Right.

It’s happening.

Here’s the thread with dates, instructions, location etc etc

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/123793/fretboard-jam-goes-south-2nd-jun-2018#latest

Get in quick!
    Took me 27 minutes, but I'm in. Quick enough.  

McToot said:
    Took me 27 minutes, but I'm in. Quick enough.  
    Pretty reasonable ;)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27714
    mrkb said:
    Well done @poopot - let’s chat on PM and sort something out.

Everyone else - who fancies a southern Jam sometime around May-ish?
    I’d be up for it if it’s woking/leatherhead area and not the half term/ bank holiday weekend.
    It's confirmed as Woking @mrkb - just for you!  Sign up on the stickied thread here

Also, for everyone else who expressed an interest in the original discussion thread yesterday;
    @Fez
    @springhead
    @sev112
    @paulnb57
    @Sporky
    @cruxiform
    @crunchman
    @HAL9000
    @Flanging_Fred
    @rico
    @solar
    @Feline_Guitars

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3078
    I'm out! Away on hols...next time.......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll