HELP NEEDED WITH STAYTREM BRIDGE

What's Hot
Ok so I’ve had a mastery bridge installed on my guitar for a while now, and I were strung really irritated with some buzzing from the lower frets whilest doin a lot of playing in the area. I’ve attenpted to adjust the action and all that stuff but ive really messed up the whole thin and I really need help with getting it back to how it’s meant to be (also I can’t afford a luthier right now) need help ASAP as I’ve got practice next week
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• THE TITLE SAYS A STAYTREM BRIDGE BUT THEN YOU TALK ABOUT A MASTERY BRIDGE  SO WHICH IS IT ALSO MIGHT HELP TO TELL US WHAT GUITAR YOU"RE ON ABOUT... :3
    4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry the panic is real hear, I mean the staytrem bridge. I blame my peers raving about the mastery bridge all week. But ye STAYTREM PLEASE
  • And jazzmaster
  • The one in my profile photo
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7038
    tFB Trader
    If your lower frets are buzzy it's more likely to be a problem with an over-straight neck than the bridge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, thanks so is there a good way for me to properly check this fix it myself
  • HeLp NeEdEd WiTh CaPs LoCk BuTtOn On KeYbOaRd.  ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You know what I’m actually fucking done with this, thanks Steve for being helpful (sorta)
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mickstermickster Frets: 12
    edited February 2018
    duplicate post
  • Go here for a setup guide: https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us/articles/212774806-How-do-I-set-up-my-Fender-guitar-properly-

Follow the steps in the same order and it'll get you in the ballpark. Don't just randomly jump into the middle cos each step can affect the others.

You'll need a couple tools - ruler, feeler gauges. You can get these cheap from eBay.

If you do this it might take a while at first but you'll never be dependent on anyone else to setup yr guitars in the future. If all this seems like too much ball ache then take it to a luthier and get them to re-set it up again for you.
  • Rowhan371 said:
    You know what I’m actually fucking done with this, thanks Steve for being helpful (sorta)
    Ahhh, but do hang around; you seem like the just the kinda no-nonsense, cut the small talk, slightly over-caffeinated chap this forum surely needs  :p
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowhan371 said:
    You know what I’m actually fucking done with this, thanks Steve for being helpful (sorta)
    You know what else? Using all-caps to try to force people to look at your thread first is incredibly rude, and the response you got here was really quite tame compared to how it would be received elsewhere.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14456
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited February 2018
    Rowhan371 said:
    You know what I’m actually fucking done with this,...
    As a new owner of a Staytrem bridge I was just about to help you. But you know what? I’m actually fucking done with this...

;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • To be fair, he did last about 25 mins before the toys went... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Farewell, Dale Carnegie...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27607
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowhan371Rowhan371 Frets: 11
    Right O, firstly I’d like to put down a lovely fuck you. The caps are intended to try and attract attention as this was fairly urgent at the time. Secondly if anyone think I come across as rude, am I really the “snowflake”? Thirdly being new to the idea of forums as I’ve only posted one “discussion” before I find it “rude” that as a new user I get slandered. Fourthly I apologise if I actually am in the wrong. And FINALLY if you’re here to talk smack to people and send outdated memes as an attempt to insult people try 9gag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowhan371Rowhan371 Frets: 11
    As a follow up, Tony you’re a fucking cunt. 
    3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26626
    edited March 2018
    Rowhan371 said:
    Right O, firstly I’d like to put down a lovely fuck you. The caps are intended to try and attract attention as this was fairly urgent at the time. Secondly if anyone think I come across as rude, am I really the “snowflake”? Thirdly being new to the idea of forums as I’ve only posted one “discussion” before I find it “rude” that as a new user I get slandered. Fourthly I apologise if I actually am in the wrong. And FINALLY if you’re here to talk smack to people and send outdated memes as an attempt to insult people try 9gag.
    1 - As noted, deliberately using all-caps is pretty rude - which, if you'd spent any time on the Internet not chucking your toys about, you'd probably already know.

2 - I'm sure @TTony ;;would try 9gag, were it not for the fact that he's one of the active owners here (I'm the other one) and this place does just fine. That tactic probably won't get you very far.

3 - You might want to look up the definition of some of the words you used. "Slander", for example; it doesn't mean what you think it does.
    <space for hire>