Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Putin's Poisoners at it in Salisbury

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72375
    Phil_aka_Pip said:

why? what do you think we could do that would hurt Russia? And if it were a case of getting some other countries to gang up with us, who do you think would go for it?
    No-one. The US doesn't even stand up for us when we need it, unlike they demand we do when they want it. And as a consequence of that we have very little respect in the international community.

Messing with Russia is a very dangerous game at the moment as well.

Russia annexes Crimea.
    NATO offers to supply Ukraine with weapons.
    Putin "reminds" the West that Russia is a still a nuclear power.
    The West tiptoes quickly away...
    Russia then supports an armed rebellion in eastern Ukraine.
    The West does nothing.

Putin is a psychopath, and he's called our bluff. Short of starting WWIII there is nothing that can really be done. And no-one is going to start a war over a former spy being poisoned.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @ICBM ... persactly !
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    "Good poison costs less at Salisburys"

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    I'm waiting for the real story from Fretfinder. No-one is allowed to carry out a hit on his manor without his say so.
    Nostrovia...
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    edited March 2018
    Would it be a good idea to move this thread to BCD? I’m not paranoid, but we’re talking about the Russian Secret Service (allegedly) and there’s a car parked over the road from my house with a couple of guys wearing shades in it. Also, our new milkman - Sergei he’s called, from Yorkshire apparently - was telling me this morning that although it looks like hyperdermic syringe holes in the foil tops it’s probably just the local blue tits.    
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Just heard a nerve agent was used!

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    Just heard a nerve agent was used!
    Zizzi’s chilli oil?
    That does make it very likely it's a Russian government/secret service operation. Surprise surprise.

Boris will now summon the Russian ambassador, say cross words to him and make it clear that he thinks Mr. Putin is a very naughty man, and if he ever does anything like it again the British government will take stern action and threaten to fart in the general direction of Russia.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11775
    The second person poisoned was the former spy's daughter.

That actually ups the stakes a fair bit, you f**k with me I'll kill you and your family is a bit different.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The cop that was first on the scene is also in a serious condition.

Joking aside it’s a very worrying situation.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6152
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    That does make it very likely it's a Russian government/secret service operation. Surprise surprise.

Boris will now summon the Russian ambassador, say cross words to him and make it clear that he thinks Mr. Putin is a very naughty man, and if he ever does anything like it again the British government will take stern action and threaten to fart in the general direction of Russia.
    yeah but what do you suggest is done? he has literally no palatable options.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    ThorpyFX said:
    ICBM said:

In the eyes of some, anything BoJo does will be the wrong thing because Toff.

It reminds me of the 800lb gorilla gag- where does a 800lb gorilla sit? Anywhere he wants to, so short of sending May to sit on Putin's face there really isn't much BoJo can do.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ThorpyFX said:

Exactly. We have no options other than trying to catch whoever did it, assuming they haven’t already left the country.

So there is no point in trying to threaten Russia. The only effect will be to make us look even weaker than we already do.

More resources for the security services is probably the best practical step.

It’s a tricky situation.

On the bright side, at least we now know the grub at Zizzi’s is still OK to eat.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    ThorpyFX said:
    ICBM said:

well, one thing they could do is seize assets etc held by Putin supporters in the UK. These gangsters like to offshore their ill gottens, we just tell them that we're happy to launder their money so long as they keep the gangster shit off our streets. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Garthy said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    ICBM said:

In the eyes of some, anything BoJo does will be the wrong thing because Toff.

It reminds me of the 800lb gorilla gag- where does a 800lb gorilla sit? Anywhere he wants to, so short of sending May to sit on Putin's face there really isn't much BoJo can do.
    Actually, that might just work..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    Apparently, the Russians have been testing our air defences for ages, so next time they appear of the coast of Cornwall we could shoot one of their fighters down, in the same way Turkey did with no repercussions. 
    Also, set up a covert 'Fancy Badgers' hacking team and ruin a few Russian networks, publish a few TUE's etc. : >

edited March 2018
    'Fancy Badgers'. Cracking band name!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently, the Russians have been testing our air defences for ages, so next time they appear of the coast of Cornwall we could shoot one of their fighters down, in the same way Turkey did with no repercussions.
    Given that they test our defences with nuclear-armed bombers not fighters, that might not be such a good idea...

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    well, most of cornwall is a post apocalyptic wasteland anyways, and they're all radioactive, so dropping a few nukes there probably won't be noticed. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom