£11k PRS Private Stock nicked from Peach Guitars - should be tough to shift, keep your eyes open...

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Dominic said:
    all too ethereal for a simpleton like me
    Yes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The Daily Mail giving front page coverage to an incidence of shoplifting is politically motivated. There is an agenda there which is obvious to anyone who is not an ignorant fool.
    Do enlighten us ... read the article .. :-)

The Daily Mail is read by the sort of people who go shoplifting ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Fretwired said:
    The Daily Mail giving front page coverage to an incidence of shoplifting is politically motivated. There is an agenda there which is obvious to anyone who is not an ignorant fool.

No, its read by the likes of my mother in law... <shudders> who genuinely still believe what they are spoon fed by that rag. And even when shown hard evidence of the lies they are being told will not accept it.

Vile rag.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    carlos said:
    Dominic said:
    all too ethereal for a simpleton like me
    Yes.
    take a day off fella
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    impmann said:
    Fretwired said:

No, its read by the likes of my mother in law... <shudders> who genuinely still believe what they are spoon fed by that rag. And even when shown hard evidence of the lies they are being told will not accept it.

Vile rag.
    I agree it's a vile rag .. there's a reward and if it helps catch the scum who pinched the  guitar its a good thing. But hell let's just virtue signal away.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Fretwired said:
    impmann said:
    Fretwired said:

Vile rag.
    I agree it's a vile rag .. there's a reward and if it helps catch the scum who pinched the  guitar its a good thing. But hell let's just virtue signal away.
    OK...

Seriously... I hope they get it back, genuinely. I'm not 100% convinced that its going to turn up on a Boot Sale or in Crack Converters so I doubt the general populous of the Mail's readership is going to be much use in returning it (especially if the Mail is read by the sort of people who go shoplifting). But hey... ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    As a Johnny Foreigner myself I'm baffled where this "foreign" idea is coming from, judging by appearances those two could be from anywhere in this country, or abroad, have I missed something? Where does the idea come from that one of them is foreign? Did he/she have a non-British accent or something?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    p90fool said:
    Anyone who buys an £11k PRS with a known hot serial number and no case for a lot less than the going rate is not remotely interested in verifying ownership details, they are knowingly buying a stolen guitar. 

I see what you're saying and can see it might help a bit under some circumstances, but the buyers are not legitimate businesses who give a shit about provenance. 
    My guess would be most of this stuff is stolen to order. They were only in the store just over 10 mins.

The chances of selling an £11k PRS thats so obvious to know its stolen is less likely in my opinion. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Maybe his dental business bit the dust?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    clarkefan said:
    As a Johnny Foreigner myself I'm baffled where this "foreign" idea is coming from, judging by appearances those two could be from anywhere in this country, or abroad, have I missed something? Where does the idea come from that one of them is foreign? Did he/she have a non-British accent or something?
    I don't think they are necessarily foreign (as they have been operating here for years - Lee Anderson said they hit Andertons 15 years ago so these people are probably stealing to order) but Eastern European gangs are operating in the UK and all over western Europe. Most of the moped crime in London is carried out by English youths but the stuff they steal is sold to these gangs. A guy on FB had his new iPhone stolen by a moped gang and it turned up in Africa. Car, bike and truck thefts tend to be for parts - police found a container full of chopped up BMWs on their way out of the UK. That guitar will stand out in the UK - its unique. Only a fool would touch it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    clarkefan said:
    I suspect Vladimir Putin is ultimately behind it all.  He seems to be behind virtually everything these days.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    Dominic said:
    It won't be "popping up" in the Uk
    You only have to look at the woman to see where that's going unless it gets sold in Germany on the way which I would think is most likely.
    The problem is your certainty that facts can be drawn from your guesses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    impmann said:
    Fretwired said:
    impmann said:
    Fretwired said:

Vile rag.
    OK...

Seriously... I hope they get it back, genuinely. I'm not 100% convinced that its going to turn up on a Boot Sale or in Crack Converters so I doubt the general populous of the Mail's readership is going to be much use in returning it (especially if the Mail is read by the sort of people who go shoplifting). But hey... ;-)
    You might be right, but there's a reward and the pics of the thieves are excellent. I doubt they live in Hampstead or Chelsea so I bet someone will recognise them. And there's no honour among thieves. And the article was factual (I saw it on FB) - no implicating migrants of saying this sort of thing would end with Brexit. It was mostly the video and pics of the thieves and the reward.

I don't read the rag, but if it helps catch the thieves then I'm in favour.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27508
    And again, the thread has been numptied.

Well done.

I can't be arsed cleaning it all up again, so now locked for good.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.