Shoplifting at Andertons

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    If it was staged (which is strange argument to begin with). I highly doubt they would include a photo with his face.  Who would allow themselves to become a target like that?  They would have used a picture behind him, or blurred it etc, I'm sure of it.

Strange point, but it's a strange argument
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6834
    edited March 2018
    joeyowen said:
    If it was staged (which is strange argument to begin with). I highly doubt they would include a photo with his face.  Who would allow themselves to become a target like that?  They would have used a picture behind him, or blurred it etc, I'm sure of it.

Strange point, but it's a strange argument

If it was staged, they'd have stolen a Chapman guitar - as the publicity would be good for trade.....
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    I can't believe this is staged.  I might find Chappers the 3rd most annoying person in the world (behind Piers Morgan and Ricky Gervais if you are wondering), but as others have said, there is no reason at all to stage this.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    57Deluxe said:
    Me too - so I did some research and the 'arrest' took place outside 59 George Rd which although is in the Shop locale is hardly up the road from a 'chase out the shop' and on a road not obviously leading to a lightening getaway! Pic attached:

FAKE NEWS!

:lol:

It's only 4 minutes' walk, right 'round the block from the shop!

bingefeller said:

His face looks like a thief. 
    His face reminds me of a guy who does YouTube bass guitar tuition and reviews, using the nickname Stick.
    Imagine if he did Chapman stick lessons........

@bingefeller You all clearly weren't paying attention your The History Of Chappers lessons!

"Stick" was a member of Monkey Lord, an early Rob Chapman band.

DLM said:
    Maybe they were outside together having a fag?
    That might explain the lumpy contents of Capt. Lee's trouser back pockets.

Fretwired said:

Looks more like a wallet on the left and a phone on the right than a pack of cigs and a lighter, but as I don't smoke, I dunno.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Even when I was a loss prevention officer in my current workplace, I was not allowed to pass the border of our shop if I saw someone walk out with something. 

Then again I wasnt allowed to ‘restrain’ them, which included blocking their way out. 

This was all brought about after a colleague Lpo from a different store chased someone out and the theif turned around and stabbed him. 

We sell cd’s and dvd’s... 
    How stupid eh. 

Since then the companies made redundant all our loss prevention except for select london stores, and instead delegated loss prevention to us mere sale assistants (what I got demoted to as opposed to redundancy). 

We often get shitty complaints when we ‘watch’ people who clearly look dodgy.. 

Hell, what can you do. 

I imagine its different for a company owner such as Lee though, but for my minimum wage I wouldnt risk even asking a thief to bring it back lol. 
    After most of them, in our store atleast, are armed with knives which they use to cut wrap tags or spider tags off of stock.. 
    No way am I risking it being used on me! 

Which makes me think if Lee was around he would have told no other staff to give chase, and gone himself. 

I’ll take the Andertons event at face value and that. 

I doubt they would stage that. No real need to, and I can’t see the gains they’d get for it. Both Lee & Rob know full well that they, like many other personalities and businesses, divide opinion anyway, so I can’t see them being that stupid to harm their business and reputation further with the people who dislike em. 

Any company surely only wants to create and bring in more customers. 

Which as some mentioned, this could be a stunt to do, but it clearly creates a divide. 

I havent yet read the link someone posted previously, which I’ll do in a min! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Will it still be listed as new or B Stock I wonder....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    Of course it's not bloody faked.  Some on the internet will believe anything, some on the internet think everything's a conspiracy to be rumbled.  There's not much common sense to be had in either.

Up here in Manchester, Sounds Great Music just had a couple of Eastmans lifted in the exact same way.  There's a rash of it at the moment.

Does anyone really think Lee Anderton, who's built the business from a no-mark guitar shop in the 80's to the behemoth it is today, would deliberately and calculatedly want to risk:

1)  Looking like a lying twat on social media
    2)  Looking like his shop's a soft target for scrotes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    DanR said:
    Every other company seems to of had sympathy regarding thefts.

Andertons seem to be being treated differently.
    You're surprised, given the way some elements of this community react to anything about Andertons?
    Unfortunately no.

I do think it lowers the community though.

Which is a shame.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    DanR said:
    DanR said:

You're surprised, given the way some elements of this community react to anything about Andertons?
    Unfortunately no.

I do think it lowers the community though.

Which is a shame.
    Absolutely agree with this and I can't believe some of the comments, particularly 'staged'! C'mon :(

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    joeyowen said:
    Will it still be listed as new or B Stock I wonder....

Every cloud, and all that.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    edited March 2018
    skunkwerx said:
    His face looks like a thief. 
    Bastards. 

Maybe thats wrong of me.. maybe 10 years in retail has jaded me..

Huh! A blatantly face-ist remark

Rather than folk queuing up here to accuse Andertons of staging this I think credit is due to Lee Anderton who had the bottle to chase the guy down. As @skunkwerx said, most these scumbags carry knives (or worse) these days and will use them if cornered.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Unrelated but my god - what a shithole... tiny brick houses and greyness...greyness everywhere.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    DanR said:

How is it fake? So the bloke was followed down a few streets. I dont get it.
    Exactly. Time to react, plus getting the boss to deal with it (employees are always under strict instructions not to put themselves in harm's way, pretty much anywhere) = enough time for the guy to get a couple of hundred yards away, then you've got to get someone with a camera in case it goes bad and then catch up with him.

For anyone still insisting this is faked...how easy do you think it'd be to get somebody to voluntarily be photographed in a staged robbery, bearing in mind that their face will be in front of a couple of hundred thousand people?

Even if you think that's possible, do you really believe that Lee Anderton - a guy who's mastered the art of increasing his company's social media presence - would risk all of that for a staged photo just to say "Me too!" with the Peach thing going off, for an amp worth 1% of the cost of the PRS?

Honestly, common sense is seriously lacking in this place sometimes.
    Wisdom.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    Unrelated but my god - what a shithole... tiny brick houses and greyness...greyness everywhere.
    You ought to breeze through Kettering some time if you think that's bad.

Just don't stop, not even for traffic lights.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    Crikey some people have got some front, I used to work at Dixons, and one Christmas I caught out of the corner of my eye an arm shoot across the counter and grab a sony camcorder, it was that busy and packed in the shopping centre he was up and gone like mr Bolt, we never got it back, and I got bollocked for not catching him by the area manager, that company sucked.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Fretwired said:

My police force won't investigate shoplifting if it's under £250. Small shopkeepers are having a hell of a time.

That's not true .

I work for "your force" and every shoplifting that is reported IS recorded & investigated .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:

My police force won't investigate shoplifting if it's under £250. Small shopkeepers are having a hell of a time.

That's not true .

I work for "your force" and every shoplifting that is reported IS recorded & investigated .

The key part of that is every incident which is reported.  It’s tough to have it investigated when you’re told not to report most of the incidents that happen in store.  

Also having crimes reported via a website, not turning up for cctv and having cases closed due to lack of evidence when the cctv hasn’t even been collected yet isn’t investigating.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:

That's not true .

No it isn't. Go to Facebook and look at the local news page and you can see real life incidents. There's not enough police to investigate petty crime.

If it's reported its recorded and then filed under not enough evidence.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Call me cynical, but I think this is a publicity stunt of some sort.

Lee, the owner of Andertons, just happened to have a coat on (or took the time to put his coat on) before he went outside to catch a "thief" and Chappers just happened to be there to shoot a video?   
    Tbf both Rabea and Pete have posted Instagram stories today showing them all filming videos at Andertons 

Also given that Lee publicly supported the guys at Peach recently I doubt he’d do something a daft as too spoof a theft
    Yes, there would be a touch of the Shannon Matthews about that, wouldn’t there...? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited March 2018
    Fretwired said:
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:

That's not true .

No it isn't. Go to Facebook and look at the local news page and you can see real life incidents. There's not enough police to investigate petty crime.

If it's reported its recorded and then filed under not enough evidence.

Oh its on Facebook local news groups ... yeah that must be true then .....

Meanwhile I'll keep doing what I've done for the last 18 years  ...not that I know what Police in this area do or don't do ..oh no .

because a knobber has written something different on Facebook .

Wow .

If a shoplifting (or any crime) is in progress or someone has been detained . Police will be assigned and attend . Thems the facts .

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom