Shoplifting at Andertons

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• stickersticker Frets: 869

Oh and value does not matter . there is no financial cut off for any type of investigation . That's nonsense.

A lot of shops call Police hours or days after , with no idea who has stolen and no CCTV just to get a crime number to report losses to a head office . Those are the kind of reports there is little that can be done about realistically.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:

My police force won't investigate shoplifting if it's under £250. Small shopkeepers are having a hell of a time.

That's not true .

I work for "your force" and every shoplifting that is reported IS recorded & investigated .

No it isn't. Go to Facebook and look at the local news page and you can see real life incidents. There's not enough police to investigate petty crime.

If it's reported its recorded and then filed under not enough evidence.

Oh its on Facebook local news groups ... yeah that must be true then .....

Meanwhile I'll keep doing what I've done for the last 18 years  ...not that I know what Police in this area do or don't do ..oh no .

because a knobber has written something different on Facebook .

Wow .

The nobber was a shopkeeper who reported his experience .. report it and the police just file as no suspect identified and close it. Lidl now has it's own security guards.

Like your attitude though ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:

My police force won't investigate shoplifting if it's under £250. Small shopkeepers are having a hell of a time.

That's not true .

I work for "your force" and every shoplifting that is reported IS recorded & investigated .

No it isn't. Go to Facebook and look at the local news page and you can see real life incidents. There's not enough police to investigate petty crime.

Meanwhile I'll keep doing what I've done for the last 18 years  ...not that I know what Police in this area do or don't do ..oh no .

Wow .

If a shoplifting (or any crime) is in progress or someone has been detained . Police will be assigned and attend . Thems the facts .

@sticker so how do you explain the 6 meetings I’ve had with police in Northampton, Leicester, Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham and Manchester all asking me not to have my stores report shoplifting under a certain value (it changes for each city)? 

I undertand the police are completely underfunded but claiming that crime figures are down when you’re physically asking people not to report crime is pathetic.  

edited March 2018

@Adam_MD I can't explain your experiences as you're not in Herts, every Police force has different policies .

You can thank the Police and Crime Commissioners for that.

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    I just wish he had stolen and burnt every chapman guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    sticker said: 
    Fretwired said:
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:

That's not true .

Wow .

If a shoplifting (or any crime) is in progress or someone has been detained . Police will be assigned and attend . Thems the facts .

What will they do for shoplifting reported after the event and with nobody detained?
    edited March 2018
    Herts record the crime at time of contact (every Police force has to do this as per Home office instruction) an officer will be allocated to investigate no matter what value in Herts .

This will mainly be the review  any CCTV footage, speak to neighbours/witnesses , try to identify suspects or links to other crimes in the area . Circulation of images of suspects if any are found ( exactly like the Peach appeal recently or the blurry pictures you often see in your local newspaper) .

If they identify them then either arrest or arrange an interview and put the case together for the CPS . 

I send officers everyday day in and day out and speak to victims and record crimes like the ones Fretwired says “we don’t go to” ... that’s just not true .

and after a 04.20 am start when the clocks have gone forward I might have been a bit bullish in my earlier replies .

But when someone is telling you that they read on the internet that you don’t do your job properly so it must be true .. well I’m sure you get the drift ... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    If no suspects can be identified a Detective Sgt has to review the investigation and close it off as no viable leads .
    This is in turn reviewed by an assistant Crime registrar who reports directly to the home office. 
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I guess it can be thankless task at times  - so on behalf of us all thank you :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom