Water Rats 2nd Jun 2018 Running Order - DOORS OPEN 1130

What's Hot

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    @pmbomb I'm bringing a couple - a 72 Custom and a 53 converted to 59 specs (with a PAF at the bridge and a very early PAT number on the neck) you're more than welcome to try both of those
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @Ttony et al -- I would really like to maximise practice & jamming time so am aiming to arrive early so I can get in, set up, and playing as soon as the doors open!  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited May 2018
    Has anyone got a soundhole pickup I could easily pop into my acoustic? It’s a Larrivee D-03 if that makes any difference 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11762
    If anyone is missing a "guy standing at the back playing simple chords with the volume half down" on any songs, let me know and I'll try and chip in.  Especially if I'm singing I need singing and playing practise :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    If anyone is missing a "guy standing at the back playing simple chords with the volume half down" on any songs, let me know and I'll try and chip in.  Especially if I'm singing I need singing and playing practise :)
    Thats my role man don't you take it away from me...

Not the singing though you can keep that.

@mctoot I have a basic soundhole pickup which I have used as on my Simon and Patrick.  Not sure on your larrivee but you are welcome to try, my s&p has a really soft satin finish and has made a small mark on it so if your acoustic is immaculate be wary.

Have mentioned before but I am driving from the south via A3 if anyone wants collecting.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2765
    I am presuming / guessing that there willl be amps in the other rooms and we don’t need to bring our amps for practise / jams etc ? 
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    munckee said:

Not the singing though you can keep that.

@mctoot I have a basic soundhole pickup which I have used as on my Simon and Patrick.  Not sure on your larrivee but you are welcome to try, my s&p has a really soft satin finish and has made a small mark on it so if your acoustic is immaculate be wary.

Have mentioned before but I am driving from the south via A3 if anyone wants collecting.
    Cheers feller: if you could chuck it in your gear bag I may well have a go. I just think an acoustic would work well for a bit of percussive "standing at the back playing simple chords" in one or two of the songs I'm down for. Besides, I just re-strung it and it soulds bootiful. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

munckee said:
    I was only going to fiill in while you were at Asda! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @peteri - would love to give your KOT a spin if there is not too much demand

Crowther Hotcake and Vertex Boost are on my "investigate" list if anyone happens to have one?

I will be using this session as an opportunity to experiment playing with guitar and amp only, but will bring along my Budda wah, Providence Velvet compressor and Way Huge Aqua-Puss delay in case anyone would like to give them a try 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Sure no problem, sure there'll be some time
    Brocco said:
    ... Way Huge Aqua-Puss delay ...
    Sounds more like something which would speed things up than delay them.

Heck of a name for a pedal though...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    @poopot - can you clarify if we’ve got all the rooms or will other “non fretboarders” be using the place as well?

theres an equipment list on their website, but what’s available will depend on what’s in the rooms we are using.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Brocco said:
    @Ttony et al -- I would really like to maximise practice & jamming time so am aiming to arrive early so I can get in, set up, and playing as soon as the doors open!  
    I’ll aim to get there for 11.30 Ian, so am happy to jam on guitar or drums to get warmed up. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Brocco said:
    I’ll aim to get there for 11.30 Ian, so am happy to jam on guitar or drums to get warmed up. 
    Same as :)
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    mrkb said:
    @poopot - can you clarify if we’ve got all the rooms or will other “non fretboarders” be using the place as well?

theres an equipment list on their website, but what’s available will depend on what’s in the rooms we are using.
    I have given Kim the list of stuff that was suggested for the live/recording room, downstairs in the bigger room there will be backline and a drum kit... the smaller room we can keep clear(ish) for people to mess about and demo their gear etc...

he did say say when I spoke to him that it looks like we have the run of the whole thing as there are no other bookings atm!...

We are well and truly covered amp wise for this one!...
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    edited May 2018
    mrkb said:
    Brocco said:
    Same as
    me too and I'm bringing the custom water rats board with all my over drives on it

@differs are you taking drum stuff (cymbals and kick pedal) for jamming? If not I’ll bring mine.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    @mrkb drummer is bringing a pearl masters for the main room, and all that goes with it...

the studios kits are just exports i think, prolly. A good idea to bring your own cymbals for those.
  • differsdiffers Frets: 4
    @mrkb I can throw my breakables in the car if u want no problem 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Morning all - I don't have the rhythm parts of Tush down at good standard/tempo yet and it ain't going to happen in the next 24 hours, no practice time. If anyone wants a crack at it you're welcome to step in so the other players still get a good experience. I'll do my best in the meantime. (I'll stand at the back and strum it through as best I can for groove practice).
This discussion has been closed.