Water Rats 2nd Jun 2018 Running Order - DOORS OPEN 1130

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    pmbomb said:
    Morning all - I don't have the rhythm parts of Tush down at good standard/tempo yet and it ain't going to happen in the next 24 hours, no practice time. If anyone wants a crack at it you're welcome to step in so the other players still get a good experience. I'll do my best in the meantime. (I'll stand at the back and strum it through as best I can for groove practice).
    I can play Tush.
    I don't mind stepping in if no one else wants it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited June 2018
    Day-before-the-jam dumb question #1:. (be kind... I've just read through all posts in this and the Set list thread to see what's going to be in the rooms). 

Is anyone bringing a bass they don't mind me using?  Wife wants the car tomorrow, so I'm coming on my motorbike and can bring mine in a gigbag otherwise.

In other news, my arrival will be via a Morrisons, who now do a Big aDaddy breakfast - 19 items for £6.  Although some of them are one item cut in half... https://metro.co.uk/2017/06/15/morrisons-are-selling-the-uks-biggest-supermarket-burger-just-in-time-for-fathers-day-6710498/

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    pmbomb said:
    Morning all - I don't have the rhythm parts of Tush down at good standard/tempo yet and it ain't going to happen in the next 24 hours, no practice time. If anyone wants a crack at it you're welcome to step in so the other players still get a good experience. I'll do my best in the meantime. (I'll stand at the back and strum it through as best I can for groove practice).
    I’ll have a listen to it tonight...while I’m at it is there any other songs folk may want covered?
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited June 2018
    poopot said:
    pmbomb said:
    I’ll have a listen to it tonight...while I’m at it is there any other songs folk may want covered?
    ALL OF MINE (if people want them done properly)

s 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    edited June 2018
    McToot said:
    poopot said:
    pmbomb said:

s 

Not to speak for the organisers (paging @TTony and @Bridgehouse ) but the point of these jams isn't just for experienced gigging musicians to show off but also for less experienced players to have an enjoyable "live" playing experience.

If there is anything I can do to help, just ask

If you play a few (or all) bum notes on any song it doesn't matter!

At least I hope it doesn't because I'm guaranteed to!

Just don't drop out of anything because you are worried about looking bad, you won't.

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @pmbonb - have just found some tab for Tush in open G - it seems much easier to play that way at tempo. Maybe worth giving that a try if you haven't already.

@darthed1981 - +1
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Thanks all, lets see how it goes. Yup I know it's no stress and musicians are cool and supportive, we'll work it out. (I know and understand the parts mentally, just haven't got to the point where fingers co-operate adequately yet).

@Brocco I'll look it up if I get time today.

See you all tomorrow, will be fun.

@McToot @pmbomb ;

dont worry about bum notes etc... and don’t worry if you haven’t got the tune down as per the recording either! im listening to a live version of white room at the moment and the only thing that’s close to the recording is the vocal!...

im not down to play on anything tomorrow and will be hanging around just to help out... the drummer, myself and Bill the bass banjo have lots of experience playing in bands/live etc... and we’re all quite friendly (apart from bill when he has food-give him a wide circle) :)

If there is anything anyone needs help with just shout!.

itll be a blast!!!!
     =)   got it, G C D power chords and a lot of gain can cover many sins. 
    McToot said:
    poopot said:
    pmbomb said:

s 

Not to speak for the organisers (paging @TTony and @Bridgehouse ) but the point of these jams isn't just for experienced gigging musicians to show off but also for less experienced players to have an enjoyable "live" playing experience.

If there is anything I can do to help, just ask

If you play a few (or all) bum notes on any song it doesn't matter!

At least I hope it doesn't because I'm guaranteed to!

Just don't drop out of anything because you are worried about looking bad, you won't.

I know mate, but thanks for the reassuring words. I'm just one of life's worriers - ask my poor wife.  I won't drop out of anything (I was only messin). 

I'm really looking forward to it, despite the whining and the flutterbyes. I wish I could wash the whole thing down with lashings of IPA and really cut loose but alas I'm driving...

pmbomb said:
    That’ll do it!!!!!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    pmbomb said:
    We can run through it a few times beforehand to find a speed you are comfortable with.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    McToot said:

I know mate, but thanks for the reassuring words. I'm just one of life's worriers - ask my poor wife.  I won't drop out of anything (I was only messin). 

I'm really looking forward to it, despite the whining and the flutterbyes. I wish I could wash the whole thing down with lashings of IPA and really cut loose but alas I'm driving...
    got your back @McToot ; - I have a beer company (yes really https://twitter.com/FaultlineBrewCo) - and will give you a takeaway from my fridge when you drop me off.

as for the day, we'll be good. I've done a couple of live mini-sets and am well over stressing about being perfect. for me the trick is to look up, see smiling faces and tapping feet, and stress melts away.
    mrkb said:
    pmbomb said:
    We can run through it a few times beforehand to find a speed you are comfortable with.

=) 
    pmbomb said:
    McToot said:

got your back @McToot ; - I have a beer company (yes really https://twitter.com/FaultlineBrewCo) - and will give you a takeaway from my fridge when you drop me off.

as for the day, we'll be good. I've done a couple of live mini-sets and am well over stressing about being perfect. for me the trick is to look up, see smiling faces and tapping feet, and stress melts away.
    Now you're talkin!

I will exclusively be looking at my fretting hand....

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited June 2018
    @darthed1981 ;;;   We might be able to work something out on Learning to Fly. I'm down for Guitar and Vox on that - we'll see how it goes. If we have a number of takes I'm happy to swap roles, and take up "guy standing in the background strumming chords" position. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    pmbomb said:
    mrkb said:
    pmbomb said:

=) 
    That’s easy - just play a note every 4th beat! We’ll play for 12 minutes and you’ll have completed the 3 minute song structure. Everyone’s a winner! ;-) 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    pmbomb said:
    mrkb said:
    pmbomb said:

=) 
    Hang on..

EQ = "Rock"

Given the tempo, shouldn't that be "Slow Ballad"?

;)
    Just listening to the tracks for tomorrow in the car.
    has purple rain been dropped? Was it ever in? Am I listening to the wrong playlist?
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    @Guitar_Slinger I'll be bringing my Squier P-Bass. You're welcome to use it.
This discussion has been closed.