Oh Dear - A very sad story

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16780
    that Jedson got lucky.... each upgrade must be worth double the base guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14370
    edited May 2018 tFB Trader
    @HarrySeven - those look cool in a way - distinctive and individual - and as @WezV hinted above, hard to devalue a Jedson
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The late ‘50s B7 Bigsby fitted is a good £850 :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited May 2018
    WezV said:
    Octafish said:
    WezV said:
    not so much active, at least i don;t think so.   Read the catalogue i posted above.   He believed the most important factor was a stable neck and all tone shaping came from the wiring.   Its one i often bring up in the tonewood debates as I think its totally possible to factor out the wood by choosing a stable and consistent species to build from... he chose rock maple.   I think he preferred to start bright and use the tone shaping to do the rest

when mine turned up it had missing wood from the jack socket and a couple of massive splits going right through the body.  clearly it had suffered a massive impact  and been stored badly, the finish had a lot of water damage and was peeling off in razor sharp chips... and yet it played really well and stayed in tune.   weight was only 9lbs
    Only! s
    .... For a solid rock maple Les Paul.   
    Ah ok, fair point!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    The late ‘50s B7 Bigsby fitted is a good £850 :+1: 

Really?!!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    edited May 2018
    Is this guy related to John Birch?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    NelsonP said:
    Is this guy related to John Birch?

Probably not, but his name is Phillips so I can think of someone else he might be...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• The late ‘50s B7 Bigsby fitted is a good £850 :+1: 

Really?!!
    At a minimum ;-)
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    The late ‘50s B7 Bigsby fitted is a good £850 :+1: 

Really?!!
    At a minimum ;-)

To whom?

*heads out to the workshop with some sidecutters and a screwdriver*

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/